Mars Interview Questions in Franklin, TN | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

3.1

Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

The overall process was panel based with 6 different sets of 2-3 interviewers. Overall the questions were not hard but a little odd at times. Very little discussed regarding skills and history but rather individually focused. Didn't seem logical for a organization of that size to focus 90% on personal and fit and 10% on actual skills.

Interview Questions

• What kind of Manager are you?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Behavior based questions. A pretty informal environment and tour of the office area. The interview is really based upon the person interviewing and their ability to understand your abilities. Very similar to many other large companies. The panel consisted of 3 groups of two people alternating questions. The people seemed very happy and proud of their company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

Recruiting and interview process was very clean and to the point. I applied online, about 2 weeks later I received an email requesting a time for a phone interview. Standard behavior questions and some background about the company was the extent of the phone screen. Three days later I was scheduled for an onsite interview with the hiring manager, HR and two business managers. Total interview time was 2 hours. Core values are a big thing with this company and with a little bit of preparation, being prepared for the face to face interview was not as bad as it could have been.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Mars? There were multiple questions like "Give us an example of a time when one of your employees failed to meet the standards and what did you do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was non-existent however my salary requirements were asked during the phone interview and I was told that my expectations were well within the range. Salary was very competitive in addition to the complete benefits package offered.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process took place 3 to 4 weeks. Went from the top 10 to top 5 and on and on til it was top 2. Interview with a panel and then some one on one interviews. Some of the interview was phone, skype, or face to face.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Why do you feel you will be a good fit for the company?
      What previous experience do you have?
      Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with two panels. Two associates on each. One more technical in nature, and another more team fit related. The first panel consisted of a senior brand manager and a brand director. The second panel had an human resources associate and an activity manager who would be another primary key stakeholder to this position.

Interview Questions

• Name a brand that most resonates with you from your childhood and why?   1 Answer

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process is usually with a P&O (HR) representative, the hiring manager, and at least one other management level associate. The focus will be around the "competencies" described for the role. The best thing to have to prepare is a copy of the Mars FYI competency manual and relate your experiences through the stated competencies.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when you had to deal with conflict?   1 Answer

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN) in April 2010.

Interview

Video Conference Call

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN) in December 2009.

Interview

I was approached by a headhunter for a position with Mars Petcare. I had initial discussions with the headhunter and provided detailed information about my background and experiences. He submitted me to the HR person. I then had a phone interview with the HR person. Then I had another phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally, they flew me out to TN for an in-person panel interview. It was one of the most grueling interviews I've had ever. Three different people each hour for three hours, lunch by myself, on-site, then I had to review a case study, produce a Powerpoint response to the case study in 1/2 hour, then present to everyone I met with earlier in the day. The presentation was complete, there were a few questions and that was it. I found out the next morning that they would not be pursuing me any further.

Interview Questions

• What criteria would you use to evaluate two vendors to determine which one to keep?   Answer Question