Mars Interview Questions in Hackettstown, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.2

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ).

Interview

The interview was full of basic Behavioral Interview type questions. Overall, it was rather easy for anyone who has worked in a manufacturing environment​ and has a magnetic personality. My advice is just to be yourself, make small jokes and don't be afraid of your interviewers. They're looking for someone who they know can fit into the role but can also mesh well with the group they already have in place.

I usually don't feel comfortable enough to share personal experiences so early but my interviewers were more than welcoming and made me feel very at ease.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with confrontation between two direct reports and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

I received an email from hr about 2 weeks after I applied for the position online. After the email we set up a time for a brief phone interview. On the phone we set up a tentative interview date but the time was TBD based on schedules etc. The interview time was confirmed one day prior to the interview. It was a panel style interview and I met with 3 of the managers. They were all very nice and seemed to have great backgrounds. After they went over their professional backgrounds they asked me to take them through my resume and then they asked me a series of STAR style questions. Everything was situational and I was asked to provide specific examples from past experience. This piece was easy for me as my experience is pretty diverse and I've been exposed to a number of different situations. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes and upon leaving I was given a big box of mars products, which was a great surprise/treat. Overall I had a great experience with the people I met with. The office environment was great too. It's unfortunate that I was not scene to be the best fit for the position but I'm sure they interview many candidates. I was happy to be considered.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specific questions since this was over a month ago - but they were all situational. Pretty standard STAR questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

I was initially screened by the HR Manager and was scheduled to meet with two hiring managers on a panel interview. Interviewers were very down to earth and you could tell their goal was to get to know you and learn about your experience, however I had a sense that they had already selected their candidate. They were very straight forward asking typical questions on my last experience and then gradually moving to situational and behavioral questions.
    You have to bring many real life examples, mostly on how you dealt with conflicts, how you solve a problem, a time when you could not solve a problem, a time when you took leadership, a project I worked on and if I met the project timeline etc. They also asked if I could see myself in other roles in the company beside the job I was interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you could not solve a problem and why?
      Was there a time when you had a conflict with a team mate?
      Describe a project you worked on and did you by any chance failed to finish on time?
      Answer Question

Benefits Systems Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail and had a phone interview set up. The day of the interview, I waited over an hour for the recruiters call. When I called to check if the interview was postponed, I was transferred to different voice mails and never received a phone call back. Very unprofessional.

SAP Functional Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

the hiring process is very well co-ordinated. at the end of the interview i was given a box of chocolate which meant a lot to me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very straight forward. no nonsense

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

The first point of contact was what appeared to be an automatically-generated email, which which instructed me to contact the HR person to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview was brief and used primarily for information-gathering on both sides. An in-person interview was scheduled shortly thereafter, via email.

The second interview was with a small group within the hiring department, which lasted for just under an hour. The HR rep gave a brief facility overview and tour before we met with the team. Questions ranged from past positive and negative work experiences to where I wanted to take my career in the future. They did not ask many technical questions, aside from basic software application familiarity. They also delved a bit into questions about life outside of work. By the end, the team had asked a very well-rounded group of questions, and I felt that I was able to convey everything that I would have wanted in an interview.

Upon leaving, I received a large box of their product and was told I would hear 'in a few days.' I sent follow-up thank you notes, but never received any further communication, direct or indirect.

Interview Questions

• Please contrast a manager whom you enjoyed working for with one you did not.   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ).

Interview

They have a corporate recruiter which was great. This was a position in the Hacketstown, NJ location. The recruiter was very friendly and had asked that I come in for an interview. I met with the supervisor of the position, a person who was just promoted from the position, and someone who would be my peer.
    They were very casual yet professional.

Interview Questions

• My 2nd round of the interview was with the woman I would be reporting directly to. She looked me square in the eye and asked me if I had a spouse, any children, and if I planned on having any children.   1 Answer

The position was advertised as being 23 miles from my home. It was twice that and I just couldn't commute that far and be chained to a call-center all day. I had asked that if they could allow me to work from home 2-3 days/week that I would absolutely do it.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

First step was a phone screen by the HR recruiter. Next, the recruiter brought me in for a panel interview with the director and several segment managers. The interview lasted an hour with questions that were generally behavioral with some questions about technical competence from my resume. The HR recruiter also gives a tour of the facility. The interviewers were more interested in how a goal was accomplished rather than the success of the accomplishment.

Interview Questions

• Name an opportunity area identified by your manager and what did you do to develop this opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate start date, starting pay, and relocation allowance.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

You will first receive a screening call from P&O (HR). Once they narrow the pool down. They will call you in for a panel like interview & the question will be based on the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a situation where you had to give a customer unfavorable news. What did you learn and what would you have done differently.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

I met the company through on-campus recruiting and interviewed on-campus as well. They're all such nice people that the initial meetings were great. The interview, however, is pretty tough. Be on top of case questions and prepare for just about anything. In the end a lot of this process is about fit.