Mars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

170 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Procurement Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It is an extremely long, drawn out process. It began with a phone interview with the recruiter, 1:1 with the hiring manager and then after 8 weeks a panel interview.
    The panel interviewers consisted of the hiring manager, hiring manager's supervisor and a HR rep. The questions were mostly behavioral based, focused on extracting examples from your experiences.
    In my opinion the interview was a farce since an internal candidate had already been chosen from the inner sanctum of the 'Martians'.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a big failure in your career? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

The process was relatively standard - HR phone screen, call with the hiring manager, in person interviews with team members, hiring manager, and VP. Then I was asked last minute to do another phone interview with a peer level employee. After two weeks of radio silence, that I reached out multiple times to HR for an update only to get radio silence. They finally gave me an answer a month after the last interview. Seems to be the new norm that recruiters don't bother to keep applicants updated after the final round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to try and motivate people to make a decision.   Answer Question

Labor Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Waco, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Process was relaxed but focused. Asked difficult questions but were nice people. Said they would be in touch with me but I never heard back from them one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was good. I felt as if they were looking for a male for this position. They told me multiple times that this was a big job and I would be working very hard, get dirty, and sweaty. I felt as if they were disinterested from the beginning due to my female professional appearance. When sharing some of my experience, the main interviewer seemed to shrug off my work experience.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

My phone interview went great with my recruiter and I was excited to come in to meet the HR team. I went in person for 2 interview rounds. My in-person interview was not what I expected it to be. In the first round of interviews I was interviewed by 2 HR team members. Throughout the first round, one of the interviewers kept looking out the window while I was providing answers to their questions. The other interviewer noticed her colleague’s behavior as well. In my opinion, I thought that was extremely rude and definitely made me question if I wanted to be part of the team. Not only that, but it was discouraging to move forward into the second round because I had no idea if I was going to receive the same treatment as well. Although that was only one negative experience with one of the Mars’ team members, interviewers need to be well aware that they’re representing their company and it is extremely important to make sure you represent your brand in a positive and respectful manner.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mars (Rochester, NY).

Interview

When I was interviewed there were about 3 people that were interviewing me. There were no technical questions but rather questions on how you organize your time. So be prepared on questions on your work ethic and what you can do to be better.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your time wisely?   Answer Question
    • If you have many tasks at hand how do you determine which task needs the most attention?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Reno, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

They expected me to schedule a couple hour interview with only two days notice. I was traveling for work and unable to change my schedule. But I wanted to accommodate any option the following week. They decided to not move forward after that.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Basic setup/ First was the recruiter, then in person. The recruiter was very pleasant, as were the two people I interviewed with. However they said they would call me in a couple of days, never did.Very poor follow up., I even called her and left messages and never heard back. I then applied for another position and was told I was not getting an interview because my skill set didn't match. The funny thing is that if you read what skills they were looking for I had over 20 years of experience. I had read others on here that have interviewed and based on their skillsets felt that they did not receive the position based on their age. I also believe that this is the case. If you are over the 40-year-old threshold, I would not even bother applying.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Multiple rescheduling for the phone screen, which was very annoying. No one contacted me after the phone screen and I found out from a friend who works there that the position was filled. Geez, you think you could have sent an email at least? Very poor candidate experience. I think the TA Team needs to get off their high horse - there are quite a few companies based in Chicago and you're not the same company you use to be. I was excited about the opportunity to work at Mars and am high disappointed in the TA team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lead a Project in Talent Acquistion and faced adversity. (not the exact question but behavioral based)   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with HR. Then was forwarded to a panel interview a week later. They were very professional and used a STAR format in the interview.