Mars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mars Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

3.2

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Multiple rescheduling for the phone screen, which was very annoying. No one contacted me after the phone screen and I found out from a friend who works there that the position was filled. Geez, you think you could have sent an email at least? Very poor candidate experience. I think the TA Team needs to get off their high horse - there are quite a few companies based in Chicago and you're not the same company you use to be. I was excited about the opportunity to work at Mars and am high disappointed in the TA team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lead a Project in Talent Acquistion and faced adversity. (not the exact question but behavioral based)   1 Answer

Manager Or Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

It was very relaxed and conversational. The interviewers were nice and offered snacks and water. Interviewed with a few associates and then a tour of the facility. Overall a great experience

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you failed, how did you handle that   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

I submitted an application and received an email later on that week contacting me about a skype interview. We set up a time and interview lasted about 30 minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't hear back for close to a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• The focus of the interview was just asking questions like, "Name one time you were in a situation that was out of your comfort zone and how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

VMI Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars in May 2017.

Interview

The entire phone interview was asking situational and behavioral questions, which took me by surprise since the majority of phone interviews I've ever had are more relaxed and discussing your resume with the recruiter. My professional background matched the position almost perfectly, but I am not great at answering typical interview questions on the fly so I got the rejection email from HR within the first week.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mars (Chicago, IL).

Interview

questions were fair and comprehensive; went through several stages of interviews including recruiter, hiring manager and panel. presentation was needed and was given sufficient time to present and answer questions for which interviewees seemed genuinely interested in my responses.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

I applied online and took a few backs to hear back from them. The first step was an initial phone screening to go over your background and learn more about the opportunity. I was then invited to meet with the hiring manager for the area. Interviewed with 2 Regional Managers for the area and felt it went well. The interview lasted about an hour. It was pretty much all situational based questions. The entire process was pretty seamless. I felt I was a good fit because I have experience in CPG but was not selected to move forward. With that said, the company and entire interview process was very professional. They kept me informed the entire time, met their deadlines, and did not give me the run around. I was disappointed not to move forward but wish Mars and their people continued success.

Interview Questions

• All situational. Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline. Tell me about how you handled an upset customer. They have a very specific way they want you to answer and took detailed notes on every question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Huntsville, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks for the process. Very common interview questions. Unfortunately I did not get hired but the people were very professional. I started with a phone interview which then led to a 2nd interview in person with a group of 3.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions they put you in the position of trying to sell there product to them.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Spoke with HR for preliminary interview. Phone interview with direct manager. Panel interview with 3 other employees. Lots of STAR type questions, Situation, Task, Action and Result.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter to set time & date.

Interviewed by two of the local managers. Interview is totally behavior based, open ended questions. As a past sales manager I am not a fan of basing a candidates credentials for the position solely on pointed questions. All it proves is the candidate has the ability to recall situations under pressure. You are missing out on quality talent.

I have 30 plus years of sales & sales management experience in the consumer goods industry. I was informed that they were passing on me. Months later, I sent in my resume again for the same position in another region, I was informed that my experience didn't match the requirements of the position. Totally porpostrus. Hopefully it is not an age based decision, which companies know how to get around.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time I had to go around the rules to secure a sale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Tupelo, MS) in January 2017.

Interview

1/20/17 Phone Interview with recruiter
    2/2/2017 Face to Face with 3 people that came to my hometown.
    3/7/2017 Voicemail they chose another candidate
    Disappointed because I was hoping to change careers and that would have been a great opportunity.