Mars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.2

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ).

Interview

The interview was full of basic Behavioral Interview type questions. Overall, it was rather easy for anyone who has worked in a manufacturing environment​ and has a magnetic personality. My advice is just to be yourself, make small jokes and don't be afraid of your interviewers. They're looking for someone who they know can fit into the role but can also mesh well with the group they already have in place.

I usually don't feel comfortable enough to share personal experiences so early but my interviewers were more than welcoming and made me feel very at ease.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with confrontation between two direct reports and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mars (Chicago, IL).

Interview

questions were fair and comprehensive; went through several stages of interviews including recruiter, hiring manager and panel. presentation was needed and was given sufficient time to present and answer questions for which interviewees seemed genuinely interested in my responses.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

I applied online and took a few backs to hear back from them. The first step was an initial phone screening to go over your background and learn more about the opportunity. I was then invited to meet with the hiring manager for the area. Interviewed with 2 Regional Managers for the area and felt it went well. The interview lasted about an hour. It was pretty much all situational based questions. The entire process was pretty seamless. I felt I was a good fit because I have experience in CPG but was not selected to move forward. With that said, the company and entire interview process was very professional. They kept me informed the entire time, met their deadlines, and did not give me the run around. I was disappointed not to move forward but wish Mars and their people continued success.

Interview Questions

• All situational. Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline. Tell me about how you handled an upset customer. They have a very specific way they want you to answer and took detailed notes on every question.   Answer Question

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mars (Waco, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

First u show up at the company than the lady comes out of the back area and tells u about what they expect from you then they give u a mini test than she takes u to a conference room and interviews you

Interview Questions

• Why I applied for the position   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Huntsville, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks for the process. Very common interview questions. Unfortunately I did not get hired but the people were very professional. I started with a phone interview which then led to a 2nd interview in person with a group of 3.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions they put you in the position of trying to sell there product to them.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Spoke with HR for preliminary interview. Phone interview with direct manager. Panel interview with 3 other employees. Lots of STAR type questions, Situation, Task, Action and Result.

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mars (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy interview and quick hiring process. Mostly personal questions more than work related questions. Easy interview and quick hiring process. Mostly personal questions more than work related questions. Easy interview and quick hiring process. Mostly personal questions more than work related questions.

Mars Chocolate Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

The process was one interview on campus, which was pretty laid back overall. Not any technical questions or anything too difficult really. Mostly behavioral, didn't even ask any specific questions on Mars.

Interview Questions

• First they asked me to walk through my resume. Then there were 3 behavioral questions:
      1. a time working with customers
      2. an experience with a difficult customer
      3. don't remember
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars in February 2017.

Interview

Standard STAR format questions were used during the interview. The atmosphere was very laid back and personal. I enjoyed getting to know the hiring manager and fellow DM helping in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Contacted over email for a casual conversation about skills, background and cultural fit to determine whether they fall in line with company needs and values. Interviewer asked questions regarding previous experience and points on resume.