Mars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.1

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Reno, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

They expected me to schedule a couple hour interview with only two days notice. I was traveling for work and unable to change my schedule. But I wanted to accommodate any option the following week. They decided to not move forward after that.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Basic setup/ First was the recruiter, then in person. The recruiter was very pleasant, as were the two people I interviewed with. However they said they would call me in a couple of days, never did.Very poor follow up., I even called her and left messages and never heard back. I then applied for another position and was told I was not getting an interview because my skill set didn't match. The funny thing is that if you read what skills they were looking for I had over 20 years of experience. I had read others on here that have interviewed and based on their skillsets felt that they did not receive the position based on their age. I also believe that this is the case. If you are over the 40-year-old threshold, I would not even bother applying.

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

interviewed with a few people - everyone was very nice, didn't ask weird questions, genuinely wanted to get to know me, wanted to get to know what I wanted to accomplish in the role, what I wanted to do with my career

Interview Questions

• What are you proud of? What did you want to accomplish?   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Multiple rescheduling for the phone screen, which was very annoying. No one contacted me after the phone screen and I found out from a friend who works there that the position was filled. Geez, you think you could have sent an email at least? Very poor candidate experience. I think the TA Team needs to get off their high horse - there are quite a few companies based in Chicago and you're not the same company you use to be. I was excited about the opportunity to work at Mars and am high disappointed in the TA team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lead a Project in Talent Acquistion and faced adversity. (not the exact question but behavioral based)   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a phone screen by a recruiter to review position and qualifications followed by an in person interview. The process was very professional and well organized and the energy between interview panel was energizing. From the first phone screen to the job offer was about 2 weeks. The background check is pretty advanced, and was somewhat cumbersome as the 3rd party company relies on the candidate to provide information if they cannot document such (I needed to provide W-2's or proof of employment that was more than 10 years old).

Picker/Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manteno, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mars (Manteno, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was real fast, I applied online and called one of the reps and they said come in for orientation anytime between Monday-Friday just be there by 10am. They also said an drug test was imminent.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with HR. Then was forwarded to a panel interview a week later. They were very professional and used a STAR format in the interview.

Manager Or Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

It was very relaxed and conversational. The interviewers were nice and offered snacks and water. Interviewed with a few associates and then a tour of the facility. Overall a great experience

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you failed, how did you handle that   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

I submitted an application and received an email later on that week contacting me about a skype interview. We set up a time and interview lasted about 30 minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't hear back for close to a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• The focus of the interview was just asking questions like, "Name one time you were in a situation that was out of your comfort zone and how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

VMI Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars in May 2017.

Interview

The entire phone interview was asking situational and behavioral questions, which took me by surprise since the majority of phone interviews I've ever had are more relaxed and discussing your resume with the recruiter. My professional background matched the position almost perfectly, but I am not great at answering typical interview questions on the fly so I got the rejection email from HR within the first week.