Mars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mars Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

3.2

Mars Chocolate Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

The process was one interview on campus, which was pretty laid back overall. Not any technical questions or anything too difficult really. Mostly behavioral, didn't even ask any specific questions on Mars.

Interview Questions

• First they asked me to walk through my resume. Then there were 3 behavioral questions:
      1. a time working with customers
      2. an experience with a difficult customer
      3. don't remember
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars in February 2017.

Interview

Standard STAR format questions were used during the interview. The atmosphere was very laid back and personal. I enjoyed getting to know the hiring manager and fellow DM helping in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Contacted over email for a casual conversation about skills, background and cultural fit to determine whether they fall in line with company needs and values. Interviewer asked questions regarding previous experience and points on resume.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter to set time & date.

Interviewed by two of the local managers. Interview is totally behavior based, open ended questions. As a past sales manager I am not a fan of basing a candidates credentials for the position solely on pointed questions. All it proves is the candidate has the ability to recall situations under pressure. You are missing out on quality talent.

I have 30 plus years of sales & sales management experience in the consumer goods industry. I was informed that they were passing on me. Months later, I sent in my resume again for the same position in another region, I was informed that my experience didn't match the requirements of the position. Totally porpostrus. Hopefully it is not an age based decision, which companies know how to get around.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time I had to go around the rules to secure a sale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Tupelo, MS) in January 2017.

Interview

1/20/17 Phone Interview with recruiter
    2/2/2017 Face to Face with 3 people that came to my hometown.
    3/7/2017 Voicemail they chose another candidate
    Disappointed because I was hoping to change careers and that would have been a great opportunity.

Sales- Royal Canin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

When I walked into the room, I was told to get my butt in the "hot seat". They proceeded to follow their scripted interview process and refused to answer many of my questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee was under preforming?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The process is set up by a recruiter hired externally. This was an easy 30 minute interview at which they offered me an in person interview later that week. Overall the communication is poor and by the time they made a hiring decision. I had decided I didn't want to work for them. Pretty basic job for a fancy title.

Social Media Content Creator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Interviewed with HR recruiter initially after submitting job application online a week prior. A couple of days later, the hiring manager reached out to schedule a phone interview. Was given an assignment to submit afterwards including creating a how to cooking mini video and 5 photos for Instagram. I was asked to submit as soon as possible for review and turned it in a week later. Haven't heard back... 3 weeks now.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mars (New York, NY).

Interview

There are people from different departments in the interview that also have input with your hiring manager. Very laid back and the questions are pretty common for the most part.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguity?   1 Answer

L&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Moved quickly and interviewers left a very good impression on me. Questions were geared a lot towards finding out if I was a good fit for the organization. An offer came within the same week.

Interview Questions

See What Mars Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros: “flexibility. Note: you must set your own boundaries or you will be run into the ground with work and end up working nights and weekends. Work/Life balance is great if you establish these...”“flexibility. Note: you must set your own boundaries or you will be run into the ground with work and end up working nights and weekends. Work/Life balance is great if you establish these boundaries. It will be terrible if you don't. bonuses, pension, base pay is average Overall leadership at the global level and Mars family leadership is very good Get good at building interpersonal relationships fast and you will do well. If this isn't you, don't even consider this company.” – Full Review