Mars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

3.1

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Tupelo, MS) in January 2017.

Interview

1/20/17 Phone Interview with recruiter
    2/2/2017 Face to Face with 3 people that came to my hometown.
    3/7/2017 Voicemail they chose another candidate
    Disappointed because I was hoping to change careers and that would have been a great opportunity.

Sales- Royal Canin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

When I walked into the room, I was told to get my butt in the "hot seat". They proceeded to follow their scripted interview process and refused to answer many of my questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee was under preforming?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The process is set up by a recruiter hired externally. This was an easy 30 minute interview at which they offered me an in person interview later that week. Overall the communication is poor and by the time they made a hiring decision. I had decided I didn't want to work for them. Pretty basic job for a fancy title.

Social Media Content Creator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Interviewed with HR recruiter initially after submitting job application online a week prior. A couple of days later, the hiring manager reached out to schedule a phone interview. Was given an assignment to submit afterwards including creating a how to cooking mini video and 5 photos for Instagram. I was asked to submit as soon as possible for review and turned it in a week later. Haven't heard back... 3 weeks now.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mars (New York, NY).

Interview

There are people from different departments in the interview that also have input with your hiring manager. Very laid back and the questions are pretty common for the most part.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguity?   1 Answer

L&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Moved quickly and interviewers left a very good impression on me. Questions were geared a lot towards finding out if I was a good fit for the organization. An offer came within the same week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

The process was fairly straightforward, one interview with two individuals. It was quite lengthy with mostly behavioral based questions that you can easily answer in STAR format. They asked many clarifying questions and wanted a lot of explanation based on your answers. Was notified after about a week or two that I was offered the position.

GLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview experience with Mars, Inc. was extraordinary. Having interviewed with multiple top companies who were recruiting MBA talent, what stood out to me was the tone and culture that Mars used to guide the entire recruiting process. While many competing organizations put me through grueling interviews focused on testing only my intelligence and mental agility or pushing me to my emotional limit, Mars truly focused on trying to get to know me as a person. It was obvious from the beginning that they were confident in my abilities to perform, but wanted to take the time to see if I would be a culture fit with the organization. Ultimately, that's what set Mars apart from the rest in the recruiting process for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about someone in your life who you admire and why.   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

I had one phone interview with manager and a panel interview. It was average . It was about 2-3 hours of in person interview. It was a recap of my career and soft skills question about it .

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from a good leader   2 Answers

Negotiation

not much negotiation took place.

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mars (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position, about a week later I received an email to set up a brief phone interview. The person who interviewed me was very personable and patient. I was told if chosen to move forward it would take a couple of weeks. Waiting to hear if I move forward in the process.