Mars & Co Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mars & Co Associate Consultant Interview Questions

3.4

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

First you have a phone screening with a recruiter. Basic Fit questions.
I was called very soon to be flown to the Greenwich office for a 1st round interview.

The first round is 1.5 hours. 2 1:1 interviews.
We first talked about my resume. Then, he gave me a market sizing question.
He tested me on an assumption I've made, but I defended it by thinking about it in another way.

The second one also started with questions about my resume.
Then, the interviewer gave me two brainteaser questions.
There was a blunder with the first one because the question was a bit vague, but it was solved in 3 minutes. I couldn't get the second one. When I asked the interviewer, he didn't really give me a good explanation for the correct answer. He said it was just arbitrary.
Finally, he gave me a pricing question of a company. It wasn't a standard question you would expect at a consulting interview, and it was finance-ish.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here, why consulting, your resume questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mars & Co

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mars & Co in October 2016.

Interview

The first round was a 20-30 minute phone interview. It is mostly to discuss your experience and data analysis projects. It was relatively straight forward, but be prepared to answer the question "are you interviewing with any other firms?" If you pass the first round, you travel to the office for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used data to solve a business-related problem.
      Also general questions like: Tell me about _____ on your resume. Why consulting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews
    Round 1: 2 x 50 min interview with Consultant/Senior Consultant (fit and case)
    Round 2: 2 x 50 min interview with VP/SVP (fit and case) and a lunch with 2 consultants
    Typical consulting interview but be prepared for quantitative questions

Interview Questions

• - How many gallons of fountain soda is consumed in the US
      - Can you estimate how many trucks are on the road
      - How do you advise a wealthy investor who would like to start a coffee chain business and expand internationally
      - Estimate the estate tax revenue for last year   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds. The first was a 30-minute phone interview with typical fit questions. The next one was a set of in-person interviews consisting of back to back 45-minute meetings with an Associate Consultant and then a Senior Consultant. Each of these interviews contained fit questions and one case. The final round was another set of in-person interviews: this time three back-to-back interviews with a Project Manager and then two Senior Vice-Presidents. They asked fit, brain-teaser, and case questions. Two consultants also took me to lunch before my final-round interviews.

Case questions consisted primarily (but not solely) of market sizing. One of the interviewers really challenged my process at a couple of points but every other interviewer was simply supportive throughout the whole thing. The Senior Vice-Presidents that I met with were especially warm and friendly.

Communication and coordination with HR was quick and smooth throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Basic fit questions: e.g. Why Mars & Co? Why consulting? Tell me about yourself.
      Brain teasers: Probability questions
      Market sizing and case questions: (Don't want to out there material)   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mars & Co in October 2013.

Interview

Two back to back interviews. Each asked a few "tell me about a time" questions followed by a case.

Interview Questions

• case was ok. pretty straight forward. something about helping out a battery manufacturer in the states who considered outsourcing some of the work to China. If you kept a tally on the variable and fixed prices it was fine.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mars & Co.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed within two weeks.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview asking about interests and experience. Then flew down for two onsite interviews. Both of the interviews were briefly about my past experience and then short market-sizing questions. Nothing too difficult but I was not prepared for market sizing questions. They also wanted my notes after the interview...which I did not expect.

Interview Questions

• What is the market size of glass beer bottles in the US for a year?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Final Round:

Standard. Three fit/case interviews.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars & Co.

Interview

I was selected for a first round interview through my college. I liked Mars interviewers the most out of two other job interviews I had that day. I had two 30 min interviews. One was behavioral and case. The other one was just case interview. I didn't get to move on to the second round. I think it might've been because of how I did on the case interview--they were trying to confuse me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mars & Co (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was contacted first over the phone and had an informal conversation about my interest in consulting and the company. Then I had a phone interview which included a brain teaser and was invited to the in-office final round interview afterward. The final round consisted of 2 one-on-one interviews with senior consultants (each with a case) and lunch with two consultants afterward.

Interview Questions

• How many people in the US have a cup of coffee in their hand at this moment?   Answer Question