Mars & Co Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

3.4

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview asking about interests and experience. Then flew down for two onsite interviews. Both of the interviews were briefly about my past experience and then short market-sizing questions. Nothing too difficult but I was not prepared for market sizing questions. They also wanted my notes after the interview...which I did not expect.

Interview Questions

• What is the market size of glass beer bottles in the US for a year?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Final Round:

Standard. Three fit/case interviews.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars & Co.

Interview

I was selected for a first round interview through my college. I liked Mars interviewers the most out of two other job interviews I had that day. I had two 30 min interviews. One was behavioral and case. The other one was just case interview. I didn't get to move on to the second round. I think it might've been because of how I did on the case interview--they were trying to confuse me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mars & Co (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was contacted first over the phone and had an informal conversation about my interest in consulting and the company. Then I had a phone interview which included a brain teaser and was invited to the in-office final round interview afterward. The final round consisted of 2 one-on-one interviews with senior consultants (each with a case) and lunch with two consultants afterward.

Interview Questions

• How many people in the US have a cup of coffee in their hand at this moment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

After a short phone interview that was only personality and resume questions I was invited to Greenwich to interview on site. I met with three interviewers who presented different cases. Questions ranged from statistics to calculus to arithmetic. It was challenging, but interviewers were helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied through my university career services. The first round consisted of two 1:1 interviews with a Senior Associate Consultant and a Managing Director. Both started with the typical behavior questions which was then followed by a market sizing question. The questions were not too difficult, however, they did question my assumptions to pressure me a bit in defending my answer.

The second (and final) round was at their Greenwich office, an hour from Manhattan. I had three back-to-back interviews for a total of 3 hours. They were all with very senior executive people (VPs, Sr. VPs). Again, each asked me a couple of fit questions but the interview was mainly focused on the market sizing questions. and brainteasers. The questions were definitely unusual, and I thought, pretty challenging.

Overall, you need to be very quantitative to enjoy and have success in their interviews. Most of the employees have some sort of engineering or mathematics background.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to work in a small company or a large firm? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied through my college's Careers site, submitting only my resume I believe. I heard back within perhaps two-three weeks of applying. We set up a phone interview by e-mail.
    It started on time, and I spoke with a human resources representative. It was a general behavioral interview, with questions concerning my interest in management consulting, my knowledge of the company, and why I would be a good fit. It was good that I had researched the company in advance. The total interview lasted about half an hour. At the end, the interviewer warned me that future rounds would of course include case interviews, for which candidates would do well to prepare.
    About a week later I received a standard-worded e-mail denying my application.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think make you fit for consulting? Which of your strengths make you best fit for this position?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

Good professional interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT) in November 2010.

Interview

i had my first interview at my university career center, consisted of two 1:1 interviews. first had brainteasers, second had me do a market sizing problem. both asked me what i knew about mars. second round was in greenwich hq, also 2 1:1 interviews (though it was supposed to be 3 45 min ones, had to change to 2 60 min ones at the last minute). asked me to estimate weight of a passenger plane about to take off, a probability question, and gave me a real pricing/profits case study from a few years back that they had done. also had a group lunch with two associate analysts and another interviewee. people seem nice enough, though a little bit reserved during the lunch. the hq was pretty cool and in a nice environment.

Interview Questions

• estimate the market size for lacrosse equipment in the U.S.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT) in May 2010.

Interview

4-5 interview in 2 rounds, one half fir and the other mostly market sizing and brainteasers (Very quantitative)

Negotiation

None