Marsh Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was kept well informed of my candidacy status. The process took longer than usual due to a restructure in my group, but the Marsh staff and HR team took great care to find a place where I would be the best fit. The interview process consisted of several phone interviews, an on-site visit, and a few more phone calls and in-person meetings following the office visit.

Interview Questions

• How well do you value communication with others? What is its importance in relation to project management?   Answer Question

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. I am happy to hear that the team took good care of you during the process.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was thorough and professional with challenging questions. It involved multiple layers of management / leadership. Once we had come to a point where a decision was made, it was a timely process to onboarding - the HR and department leadership were great to work with!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The first step was completing a virtual pre-recorded interview. Then the next round was a phone interview. The final step was an in person interview with 5 different employees that interviewed each candidate separately - it was a 4 hour interview.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

First round was held at my university's campus. Pretty standard 30 minute behavioral interview. Interview was friendly. Found out I had a 2nd round interview the next morning. 2nd round was a superday at the Marsh office, which consisted of 4 30 min interviews. It sounds intimidating, but all the interviewers were friendly and interesting. They would ask 2-3 canned questions and then open it up to more of a discussion The time flew by.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Mar 24, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer. I hope you have a great summer with us!

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Two online hirevue interviews then one final round interview at the chicago office. The final interview consisted of four 30 minute interviews. No technical questions, all behavioral. They just wanted to get to know you.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall, the process was pretty typical: HR phone screen, in-person interviews, etc. It was a bit more drawn out than it perhaps should have been. Make sure you get a full picture of your responsibilities and really dig into the benefits information!

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience handling a book of business of large P&C accounts.   Answer Question

Another offer at another firm was more attractive based on the information at hand. In retrospect, would have been a better decision to go with Marsh.

TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Done through campus recruiting on college career site, and they contacted me via email for an on-campus interview. Interviewer was a bit behind schedule, but overall very pleasant and nice during the interview, and discussed his long tenure at the company. Said I would hear back the next week; received the typical rejection letter after a week and a half

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Nov 13, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback and I am glad to hear that your experience was positive. Best of luck to you.

Risk Analyst Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty straight forward. It was a two interview process: The first round was an on campus interview and the second round was a "speed dating" where you interview with three people each for about 30 minutes.