Marsh Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resumé through both Marsh's website and their own. A day later I received an email from Marsh to complete a screening on HireVue. This involved me recording answers to maybe five standard interview questions and submitting this video to Marsh. These are all timed and you have one chance to complete them. It was a weird experience. About three weeks later I heard back from Marsh saying that I'd moved onto the final round superday at their office in Chicago. Paid for my transit there and back, and myself and two other candidates rotated between three interviewers. These interviews were about 30min long and very relaxed. They tried to keep it more conversational than anything else. Ended with a Q&A with current TRAC Associates. Overall it wasn't an unpleasant experience. I received a call the next morning informing me that I hadn't gotten the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to your way of thinking.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Went through multiple interviews with different managers. All asked pretty straight forward questions and wanted to get a feel if I would fit in with the company, and if the company would be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you think are important to have as a data analyst?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you helped make your job more efficient.   Answer Question
    • Why this company?   Answer Question
    • What are your long term goals and how does becoming a data analyst fit in with them?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

1. Video recorded interview
    2. In person interview 2 hours with 4 people onsite in Chicago
    3. Phone Interview

Very interesting and intellectual interviews and everyone was engaged and energetic.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a process?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter through a personal reference. I interviewed at Chicago, IL office with two managers. The questions were all behavioral. We talked about my past experience and projects that I took at the university. They asked about what I would like to do at the workplace since the position offered diverse opportunities. Both the interviews lasted for half an hour each. A week later, I interviewed on the phone with three people, from the Atlanta office. Similar questions were asked, but focused more on my future plans. I enjoyed the interview process thoroughly as each step was carried out very efficiently. The recruiter scheduled the interviews expeditiously and was always ready to answer my questions, even at odd hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked in a team and there was a problem. How did you control the situation?   Answer Question
    • Lots of questions about my past experience, from working in teams to prioritizing tasks.   Answer Question
    • Have you worked on large data-sets?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was kept well informed of my candidacy status. The process took longer than usual due to a restructure in my group, but the Marsh staff and HR team took great care to find a place where I would be the best fit. The interview process consisted of several phone interviews, an on-site visit, and a few more phone calls and in-person meetings following the office visit.

Interview Questions

• How well do you value communication with others? What is its importance in relation to project management?   Answer Question

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. I am happy to hear that the team took good care of you during the process.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was thorough and professional with challenging questions. It involved multiple layers of management / leadership. Once we had come to a point where a decision was made, it was a timely process to onboarding - the HR and department leadership were great to work with!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The first step was completing a virtual pre-recorded interview. Then the next round was a phone interview. The final step was an in person interview with 5 different employees that interviewed each candidate separately - it was a 4 hour interview.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

First round was held at my university's campus. Pretty standard 30 minute behavioral interview. Interview was friendly. Found out I had a 2nd round interview the next morning. 2nd round was a superday at the Marsh office, which consisted of 4 30 min interviews. It sounds intimidating, but all the interviewers were friendly and interesting. They would ask 2-3 canned questions and then open it up to more of a discussion The time flew by.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Mar 24, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer. I hope you have a great summer with us!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Two online hirevue interviews then one final round interview at the chicago office. The final interview consisted of four 30 minute interviews. No technical questions, all behavioral. They just wanted to get to know you.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall, the process was pretty typical: HR phone screen, in-person interviews, etc. It was a bit more drawn out than it perhaps should have been. Make sure you get a full picture of your responsibilities and really dig into the benefits information!

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience handling a book of business of large P&C accounts.   Answer Question

Another offer at another firm was more attractive based on the information at hand. In retrospect, would have been a better decision to go with Marsh.