Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The first step was completing a virtual pre-recorded interview. Then the next round was a phone interview. The final step was an in person interview with 5 different employees that interviewed each candidate separately - it was a 4 hour interview.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh (Davis, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for position through University job posting and met with a recruiter on campus. Initial application included a resume and a submission of a brief "selfie" video through hirevue. The video included three questions with ~3 minutes to answer each question; the questions were very simple and personality based (e.g. tell us about yourself, why do you want to work with us?). Following the application I got invited to an interview with a recruiter on campus. I was kinda nervous but he was very engaging and he made it easy to open up and talk a bit more. The interview questions were also personality based and had typical scenario/behavior-type questions.

Overall positive experience with the interview process. Only drawback I would say is that because the recruiter was so friendly and talkative I thought I nailed the interview, which made it a little more disappointing when I found out I was declined an offer :(

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MARSH, and why do you want to work with us?
      Talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate/someone who won't cooperate.
      Do you have experience working with large amounts of data?
      Answer Question

Marsh Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that the interviews did not result in an offer for you. I am sure you will have a fantastic summer internship and we hope to see you again next year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online and heard back within 2 weeks. Then had a on-campus interview (normal behavioral questions). Heard back within the week for an interview at the office. Interviewed with 4 different people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in insurance brokerage and risk management?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you for this position?   Answer Question

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

You apply online then you will receive an email asking you to interview through a site called hirevue. There are a series of interview question and then if they like you they will call you to interview in person at a certain location.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe what marsh does to your friends?   Answer Question

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

The interview was an online hirevue interview that I recorded at my own convenience. All behavioral questions about general consulting skills/experiences and my resume. Also about why I thought the Trac progam was a good fit. Pretty straight forward and genuine questions -- just wanted to get to know a little about me and about my vision of the program.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give an example of a time you disagreed with someone   Answer Question

Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was smooth. Met with three supervisors that were part of the team and then met with the head Project Manager who explained the company's objectives in detail.
    the PM explained the importance of the role I was applying for, and the type of candidate they were looking for. The PM was very focused on personalits than experience since the role involved lots of team effort tasks.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about insurance?   1 Answer

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh in October 2016.

Interview

I interview via hirevue online. It was a series of recorded questions that I answered. There were about 8 recorded questions and 3 non-recorded questions. Recording the questions was awkward, I recommend practicing beforehand.

Interview Questions

• If you were to tell your friends about Marsh, what would you say?
      Tell me about a time you worked in a group and it was difficult, how did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time you failed.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

After a quick recorded video interview I was granted a live video interview. Most of the questions were behavioral, but some were to test what I knew about the company and my knowledge of insurance and risk management. The associate that interviewed me was very kind and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you had to do busy work and how did you motivate yourself to get through it?   Answer Question

Change Management Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Professional interview process. Applied online, contacted by recruiter for a phone screen within two weeks. Spoke with two VP's prior to being Invited for onsite interviews, onsite interviews consisted of multiple rounds of 1:1 as well as panel interviews. Upon completion of onsite interviews, connected with global senior leaders via video conferencing. Impressed by the interview process and folks at Marsh.

Interview Questions

• Standard process, team was extremely friendly. Arrive confident and you will do great.   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Met with a group of managers and answered some questions from each manager about my experience. Another day I met with another set of managers to answer some additional questions.

Negotiation

Their pay rate are below standards.