Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.8

Placement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Heights, St. Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh (Richmond Heights, St. Louis, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager and then an online interview through HireVue. Was offered the job the following week. A very seamless process!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

I had applied to multiple roles through the Marsh job portal and was contacted by an HR representative who was extremely helpful and enthusiastic in getting me in front of multiple groups. In the following days, I met face to face with various contacts at Marsh. All of my interviews were one on one and every interviewer was unique and personable. The interview process was a great experience and everyone was extremely welcoming. I received a formal offer shortly after, and accepted. I'm extremely excited to begin my journey with Marsh!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your attention to detail caught a mistake that could have had a negative impact?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Applied online through school career services. First got a 30 minute phone call interview on the resume and basic behavioral questions. After, I was called for another interview on site at the company. The interview lasted Around 30 minutes along with the recruiter, and two managers.

TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position August 2017 and got an invitation for a first round interview September 16, 2017. It was through HireVue (super awkward) and about 5 questions I had to record and the last question was typed asking what were my top two preferences I would want to relocate to. I received another email 2.5 weeks later saying the team was impressed and would like for me to come to their Atlanta office for a final round interview October 2017. I flew in early that morning to prepare and feel comfortable at company. I got there about 45 minutes early and signed in. I sat in the lounge area for a little while until the other 3 people who were also interviewing with me came in. Before we started the interview process our supervisor told us that there was another session interviewing that day of 4 people as well, and Marsh was going to choose the 4 best out of 8. The Final Round was basically a "Super Day" There were 4 of us in this session in which we rotated for about 2 hours between 4 interviewers/current Marsh employees. At the end we had the opportunity to talk to current TRAC associates about their job and the process they went through etc. Our supervisors then came and asked if we had any questions then we left. The entire team was very sweet and showed us out.

Certificate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I had an online video interview in which I had to record my responses to standard character and experience related questions.

Subsequently, I was asked to attend an in-person interview. The interview was conducted at the Austin location

Interview Questions

• How did you contribute to a team in which you were not the leader:   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resumé through both Marsh's website and their own. A day later I received an email from Marsh to complete a screening on HireVue. This involved me recording answers to maybe five standard interview questions and submitting this video to Marsh. These are all timed and you have one chance to complete them. It was a weird experience. About three weeks later I heard back from Marsh saying that I'd moved onto the final round superday at their office in Chicago. Paid for my transit there and back, and myself and two other candidates rotated between three interviewers. These interviews were about 30min long and very relaxed. They tried to keep it more conversational than anything else. Ended with a Q&A with current TRAC Associates. Overall it wasn't an unpleasant experience. I received a call the next morning informing me that I hadn't gotten the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to your way of thinking.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First I did a HireVue. I received an invitation to interview on campus about 2 weeks later. Then the interview process was fairly simple. I met with 3 people individually then spoke with current Tract Associates

Interview Questions

• Why Marsh? Behavioral questions   1 Answer

Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The first step was the online application, followed by a web interview I recorded from home, and ended with an in-person interview with the team. The in-person interview was about 2 hours long as I met with the team leaders individually for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe how my skill set could be applied to the position and why having this skill set would make me qualified for the position.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh in October 2017.

Interview

Transferring from another MMC subsidiary. I applied online and the process took about 3 weeks. Very positive experience in all levels of interviewing, done mostly via web conferencing. Completed a ProveIt test to prove excel competency.

Interview Questions

• Give an example that proves your ability to work in a cross-team function.   Answer Question

Insurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

I applied through Marsh website. I called the office to speak with the manager, and received a call back to come in for an interview. I went in the next day, and they told me someone from another office will be contacting me. I never received a call.