Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marsh Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.9

Construction WU Administrator Interview

Interview

Applied online for the Construction WU Administrator position. Received an email to do the HireVue Video Interview. Did the vid keo and answered all questions. Two weeks later, I received a phone call from a recruiter in Dallas. He left me a message to return his call for the position. I missed his call by twenty minutes. I returned his call and he sent me a text asking if he could call me later. I replied to his text and said yes. He responded via text three hours later and asked who I was. I responded with my full name and advised him I was returning his call for the Construction WU Administrator position. He never responded back. Called him several times and no response. I never experienced this in the 15 years I worked in the insurance industry. This was very rude and unprofessional. I can accept if you went with another candidate, but for to reach out to me and then do not respond after I called you several times was truly unnecessary. I will most likely never apply again to this company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 5 interviews over the period of more than 5 weeks. First I completed HireVue interview (8 questions), then I was called by HR and was asked to briefly describe my previous experience. Afterwards I completed Prove It! test to show my Excel skills (55 questions). Later I had an onsite interview with Sr. VP and MD in the office in LA, and another one with a Financial Analyst, also in LA. And the last phone interview was with a Financial Analyst from NY office. I really did not understand the purpose of this interview as the interviewer was neither a decision maker nor worked in the location which I applied to. It was a waste of time. I followed up one time with no answer. It seems that the company does not bother to give any feedback.

Interview Questions

• If you have multiple deadlines how are you going to handle this situation?   Answer Question

TRAC Associate Interview

Interview

It was very laid back and conversational with a few behavioral questions. They just want to get a feel for whether you will fit in with the company. They want to make you feel at ease.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The first step was completing a virtual pre-recorded interview. Then the next round was a phone interview. The final step was an in person interview with 5 different employees that interviewed each candidate separately - it was a 4 hour interview.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback.

Private Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I was connected to Marsh through an outside talent acquisition specialist. Initially had a phone interview, with Marsh's talent specialist. He advised at that time that the position wouldn't be available until 1Q17. He followed up again with me after the first of the year to set up an in-office interview.

Office interview went well. I was pleased with the team spirit that was portrayed.

They followed up the following week and advised they were offering the position to another candidate with more experience.

Even though an offer was not made, I felt the process was a good learning experience for me and handled very professionally.

Interview Questions

• Stats, (number of clients, book of business, etc.) on what I was currently responsible for.   Answer Question
    • Inquired on carrier familiarity.   Answer Question
    • Discussion of current market conditions in the HNW division.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh (Davis, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for position through University job posting and met with a recruiter on campus. Initial application included a resume and a submission of a brief "selfie" video through hirevue. The video included three questions with ~3 minutes to answer each question; the questions were very simple and personality based (e.g. tell us about yourself, why do you want to work with us?). Following the application I got invited to an interview with a recruiter on campus. I was kinda nervous but he was very engaging and he made it easy to open up and talk a bit more. The interview questions were also personality based and had typical scenario/behavior-type questions.

Overall positive experience with the interview process. Only drawback I would say is that because the recruiter was so friendly and talkative I thought I nailed the interview, which made it a little more disappointing when I found out I was declined an offer :(

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MARSH, and why do you want to work with us?
      Talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate/someone who won't cooperate.
      Do you have experience working with large amounts of data?
      Answer Question

Marsh Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that the interviews did not result in an offer for you. I am sure you will have a fantastic summer internship and we hope to see you again next year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online and heard back within 2 weeks. Then had a on-campus interview (normal behavioral questions). Heard back within the week for an interview at the office. Interviewed with 4 different people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in insurance brokerage and risk management?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you for this position?   Answer Question

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

You apply online then you will receive an email asking you to interview through a site called hirevue. There are a series of interview question and then if they like you they will call you to interview in person at a certain location.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe what marsh does to your friends?   Answer Question

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

The interview was an online hirevue interview that I recorded at my own convenience. All behavioral questions about general consulting skills/experiences and my resume. Also about why I thought the Trac progam was a good fit. Pretty straight forward and genuine questions -- just wanted to get to know a little about me and about my vision of the program.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give an example of a time you disagreed with someone   Answer Question

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh in October 2016.

Interview

I interview via hirevue online. It was a series of recorded questions that I answered. There were about 8 recorded questions and 3 non-recorded questions. Recording the questions was awkward, I recommend practicing beforehand.

Interview Questions

• If you were to tell your friends about Marsh, what would you say?
      Tell me about a time you worked in a group and it was difficult, how did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time you failed.
      Answer Question