Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Associate Placement Specialist - QSG FINPRO Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was the most seamless I have ever experienced. The HR recruiter was very helpful and both managers that I interviewed with answered all of my questions candidly. The time between interviews and the offer letter was less than a month - which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• How confident I was in returning to the market having been away from it from 7 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I applied to the Summer TRAC program through university recruiting. The first interview was with one person, and I found out after a few days that I made it to the second round of interviews. In the second round of interviews, four people interviewed me for about half an hour each. In both rounds of interviews, everyone was extremely personable and interested in telling me more about Marsh. Overall, the process of interviewing for the position was very positive, and I look forward to working at Marsh this summer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Marsh, and why are you interested in working with us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I had a very positive experience during the MARSH Summer TRAC Associate Interview process. During my time, my recruiter was incredibly helpful, and worked with me to ensure that I was as prepared for each meeting. My interviewers, both during the on campus interview portion, as well as the on site interview, were incredibly patient, understanding and wonderful to speak with. Contrary to popular belief, the MARSH interview process itself was more reminiscent of a captivating conversation, rather than a stress inducing experience. I saw my interview time as more of an opportunity to understand and speak with leaders of the insurance and risk management industry, and I was very delighted and humbled to have been extended an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a large data set.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Overland Park, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone call from the Talent Acquisition team in New York. After a couple rounds of phone tag, we finally got connected and the phone screening was quick and to the point. She immediately sat up a time for an in person interview. I received great communication from that point forward from everyone involved. It was an extremely comfortable interview where I felt I could really be myself and also clearly speak to her questions. I then had a Skype interview with the VP of HR, and again extremely comfortable. Great conversation, and I got a real feel for how HR is lead. I then had a phone call with another HR Generalist to really get a feel for what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress or conflict? How do I handle it and what are my communication strategies.   Answer Question
    • Why am I looking?   Answer Question

Surplus Lines Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter (who was awesome!), then competed a video interview, my recruiter then called me and we spoke over the phone, I then met with my supervisor and had an in person interview at the office I would be working at.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you well you can use Microsoft Excel.   1 Answer

TRAC Associate Interview

Interview

It was very laid back and conversational with a few behavioral questions. They just want to get a feel for whether you will fit in with the company. They want to make you feel at ease.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was kept well informed of my candidacy status. The process took longer than usual due to a restructure in my group, but the Marsh staff and HR team took great care to find a place where I would be the best fit. The interview process consisted of several phone interviews, an on-site visit, and a few more phone calls and in-person meetings following the office visit.

Interview Questions

• How well do you value communication with others? What is its importance in relation to project management?   Answer Question

Marsh Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. I am happy to hear that the team took good care of you during the process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university's career center, obtained a on-campus interview, which then afterwards received a superday interview in New York City. Interviewers were really nice, wanted to learn about you, questions were HR based except for when they wanted to hear about your likes/dislikes.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was thorough and professional with challenging questions. It involved multiple layers of management / leadership. Once we had come to a point where a decision was made, it was a timely process to onboarding - the HR and department leadership were great to work with!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first thing Marsh asks you to do once you apply is send them a 'selfie video.' Basically, it is a set of questions that you answer by recording yourself. You do not get to redo your answers.

My first interview was with a recruiter through an online video conference platform. At my interview time, I was having technical difficulties getting onto the site. The interviewer then called me and sent me a new link. Although we started the interview a bit later than planned, the interviewer gave me his full attention and did not attempt to cut the interview short. He was easy to talk to and was very understanding. He asked the basic questions, like "why Marsh?" and a few behavioral questions. Also, be prepared to give your preference for office location.

The second interview was with senior managers from different practices at the office to which I was applying for a position. I was flown out to the city and put up in a hotel. The next day, I participated in the super day interview. I came into the office and there were 3 other students that was to be interviewed at the same time. We were put into 4 different rooms and the 4 interviewers rotated rooms every 30 minutes. They spend the first 10-15 minutes asking me behavioral questions in which they seemed uninterested. I assume that is because they knew I was prepared to answer such questions and they were required to ask these. The rest of the time, I had the opportunity to ask them questions and just have a conversation, which was much more engaging and enjoyable.

Less than a week later, I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with big data before?   1 Answer