Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marsh Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.9

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very long interview process (started in October, finished in March). Started with a video interview following an online application. Lead to an in person interview at local office followed by a cased based interview 2 months later. Very difficult interview with case panel of Sr. VPs. Overall a very inense process that was worsened by the very long time frame.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

So sorry to hear that this process took so long. We are making changes to the future university recruitment program in Canada that will improve this next year.

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Very fair process, takes time but it was an insightful experience nonetheless. Very friendly interviewers. Had to be ready to explain why Marsh was my favorite option to apply for. Extremely satisfied with the outcome.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Feb 26, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you found the interview process to be fair and insightful. Best of luck to you.

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marsh (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

4-person panel interview. Interviewers were all very nice, relaxed, funny and explained that they understand this process can be unsettling. We had a great conversation, even though many of the formal interview questions contain several parts within one question and require the candidate to use critical thinking skills, along with professional background experience from which to draw.

Interview Questions

• Talk to us about your negotiation process when working with clients and insurance carriers.   1 Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application then a telephone interview. Pre-Telephone Interview difficult since it wasn't planned - therefore I wasn't prepared for the questions the interviewer asked. Interviewer very pleasant but difficult to convey your suitability when questions were only about the scheme itself.

Certificate Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Applied for another position and received an opportunity to purse this one instead. Started with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Met with the manager and supervisor. Very professional interview that took about 30 mins. Common questions. No surprises. No offer at the end of the interview. Waited weeks for a response. Overall, seemed like a great place to work and great people to work with.

Interview Questions

• How would did you handle a situation with a difficult employee?   Answer Question

TRAC Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed in the New York office for a summer internship. They treated me very well and I had a positive experience, despite the long day. I ultimately did not get the internship, but I think it would be a great and rewarding company to work for. It would definitely be a lot of work.

Internal Sales -entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marsh in May 2013.

Interview

online CV submission, was called in for an interview. Did a group task with the prospective sales team, as well as a personal one on one interview with HR representative.

Interview Questions

• How are you a citizen of the world. I've lived in 4 countries as well as attended university in the Uk and Canada. While Im not sure if I gave an unsatisfactory answer, they were looking for something I didn't seem to hit the nail on the head with.   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh in July 2011.

Interview

Internal application. Recommended by my line manager.

Two part interview - panel at first and then a one to one. Skill tests carried out in the panel interview.

Technical Questions relating to unique covers available to clients - comment was made before questions where put to me that the correct answer was not necessarily what was being sought as the covers being queried where specialised - interiewers wanted to see how I would approach a query.

I made it through the panel interview and was selected for 2nd round with one to one interview with section head. I felt this aspect of the interview process was repetitive. With a lot of the information previously advised during the general application and the panel interview being rehashed.

In the one to one interview a query was raised as to why I wanted to leave the section I was in? Did I have issues with my colleagues in this section (naming some) - I felt that this question was unfair as my line manager had recommended me for consideration and an outsider of the firm would not have been in such a position.

I found the internal interview process to be more difficult then a general interview - as I had to remind myself that I had to display my skills as if the interviewing team did not have experience of working with me.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave the section I was in? Did I have issues with my colleagues in this section (naming some)   1 Answer

Construction WU Administrator Interview

Interview

Applied online for the Construction WU Administrator position. Received an email to do the HireVue Video Interview. Did the vid keo and answered all questions. Two weeks later, I received a phone call from a recruiter in Dallas. He left me a message to return his call for the position. I missed his call by twenty minutes. I returned his call and he sent me a text asking if he could call me later. I replied to his text and said yes. He responded via text three hours later and asked who I was. I responded with my full name and advised him I was returning his call for the Construction WU Administrator position. He never responded back. Called him several times and no response. I never experienced this in the 15 years I worked in the insurance industry. This was very rude and unprofessional. I can accept if you went with another candidate, but for to reach out to me and then do not respond after I called you several times was truly unnecessary. I will most likely never apply again to this company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 5 interviews over the period of more than 5 weeks. First I completed HireVue interview (8 questions), then I was called by HR and was asked to briefly describe my previous experience. Afterwards I completed Prove It! test to show my Excel skills (55 questions). Later I had an onsite interview with Sr. VP and MD in the office in LA, and another one with a Financial Analyst, also in LA. And the last phone interview was with a Financial Analyst from NY office. I really did not understand the purpose of this interview as the interviewer was neither a decision maker nor worked in the location which I applied to. It was a waste of time. I followed up one time with no answer. It seems that the company does not bother to give any feedback.

Interview Questions

• If you have multiple deadlines how are you going to handle this situation?   Answer Question