Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marsh Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marsh in March 2016.

Interview

2 Interview rounds. 1st session was with a few employees on school property. Made it thru 1st session and then 2nd session was Super Day. Went to company office for approx. 3 hours. 1st hour was explaining a little more about Marsh to those of us interviewing that day. Went over the Summer TRAC position, responsibilities, program schedule, etc. Then 3 back to back to back interviews with 3 different managers, each individual interview lasting about 30 minutes for a total of 1.5 hours of being interviewed. Varied from behavioral to situational scenarios

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you took command in a leadership position   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made an unpopular leadership decision because you thought it was right   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work together with a group of people to achieve a goal and didn't achieve it   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very, very slow. Had to go to 3 interviews in their downtown location, during final time in university. When I asked them to give me feedback about the interview process, nobody responded to me email.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked me to describe things on my resume and where I heard about the company   Answer Question
    • Numerous questions regarding a case. Put you in a room alone with a case and have to answer questions to a panel afterwards.   Answer Question

Dec 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that you weren't provided with feedback on your interview. I have shared this with the team so that they can ensure this doesn't happen again.

Marsh Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

This process consists of two stages:

The first stage was a video interview where you are prompted with behavioral questions and given a couple of minutes to record a response.

The second stage was a panel interview with members of Marsh's senior management and HR team. This interview takes place in Marsh's local office based on your location regardless of which office you are applying for. During this interview, I had to prepare a presentation regarding the insurance broking industry.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer!

Graduate Trainee Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The Interview process consists of applying online and then receiving a video interview which asks behavioural questions. If you get through, you are invited to do a presentation on Marsh and the industry that it operates in. The presentation is in front of Sr. VP's. Very good interview process, not lengthy and judges based on communication skills needed in the real world. All of the hiring managers were very friendly throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why Marsh?
      Tell us about a time when this occurred and how you dealt with it?
      Tell us about yourself and why you are a good candidate for Marsh.
      Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two steps: the first one was a video interview and the second one was an in-person case presentation in front of a panel. Overall, the interview process was very positive and Marsh was communicative throughout all of it. I am very happy with the process.

Interview Questions

• If you were to tell your friends about Marsh, what would you say?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very long interview process (started in October, finished in March). Started with a video interview following an online application. Lead to an in person interview at local office followed by a cased based interview 2 months later. Very difficult interview with case panel of Sr. VPs. Overall a very inense process that was worsened by the very long time frame.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

So sorry to hear that this process took so long. We are making changes to the future university recruitment program in Canada that will improve this next year.

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Very fair process, takes time but it was an insightful experience nonetheless. Very friendly interviewers. Had to be ready to explain why Marsh was my favorite option to apply for. Extremely satisfied with the outcome.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Feb 26, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you found the interview process to be fair and insightful. Best of luck to you.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

It was not a fun process, but what process is? Was asked why I wanted to be in insurance, what drove me there, and why I would be a good candidate. There were a couple of rounds but again, not that hard overall.

Interview Questions

• All the sort of questions you would think they would ask   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marsh (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

4-person panel interview. Interviewers were all very nice, relaxed, funny and explained that they understand this process can be unsettling. We had a great conversation, even though many of the formal interview questions contain several parts within one question and require the candidate to use critical thinking skills, along with professional background experience from which to draw.

Interview Questions

• Talk to us about your negotiation process when working with clients and insurance carriers.   1 Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application then a telephone interview. Pre-Telephone Interview difficult since it wasn't planned - therefore I wasn't prepared for the questions the interviewer asked. Interviewer very pleasant but difficult to convey your suitability when questions were only about the scheme itself.