Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.8

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall, the process was pretty typical: HR phone screen, in-person interviews, etc. It was a bit more drawn out than it perhaps should have been. Make sure you get a full picture of your responsibilities and really dig into the benefits information!

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience handling a book of business of large P&C accounts.   Answer Question

Another offer at another firm was more attractive based on the information at hand. In retrospect, would have been a better decision to go with Marsh.

TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online and heard back within 2 weeks. Then had a on-campus interview (normal behavioral questions). Heard back within the week for an interview at the office. Interviewed with 4 different people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in insurance brokerage and risk management?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you for this position?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The first step was completing a virtual pre-recorded interview. Then the next round was a phone interview. The final step was an in person interview with 5 different employees that interviewed each candidate separately - it was a 4 hour interview.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback.

Graduate Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Video interview follow with a 20 minute in person interview opening with a 10 minute presentation by applicant covering 4 questions that I was informed of before hand to prepare and present. After this questions, mostly behavioural and experience questions, not many technical questions. 20 minutes total, 4 people sitting in on the interview, 2 HR individuals, 1 MD and 1 VP/AVP.

Graduate Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very, very slow. Had to go to 3 interviews in their downtown location, during final time in university. When I asked them to give me feedback about the interview process, nobody responded to me email.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked me to describe things on my resume and where I heard about the company   Answer Question
    • Numerous questions regarding a case. Put you in a room alone with a case and have to answer questions to a panel afterwards.   Answer Question

Dec 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that you weren't provided with feedback on your interview. I have shared this with the team so that they can ensure this doesn't happen again.

Assistant Vice President Project MAnager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Multi-layered interview process. First with HR over the phone, then with Direct Manager, then with Team Manager over the phone since he worked in another state and then and interview with the team and a couple people from Sales Leadership team

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer!

Marsh Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

This process consists of two stages:

The first stage was a video interview where you are prompted with behavioral questions and given a couple of minutes to record a response.

The second stage was a panel interview with members of Marsh's senior management and HR team. This interview takes place in Marsh's local office based on your location regardless of which office you are applying for. During this interview, I had to prepare a presentation regarding the insurance broking industry.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer!

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh (Davis, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for position through University job posting and met with a recruiter on campus. Initial application included a resume and a submission of a brief "selfie" video through hirevue. The video included three questions with ~3 minutes to answer each question; the questions were very simple and personality based (e.g. tell us about yourself, why do you want to work with us?). Following the application I got invited to an interview with a recruiter on campus. I was kinda nervous but he was very engaging and he made it easy to open up and talk a bit more. The interview questions were also personality based and had typical scenario/behavior-type questions.

Overall positive experience with the interview process. Only drawback I would say is that because the recruiter was so friendly and talkative I thought I nailed the interview, which made it a little more disappointing when I found out I was declined an offer :(

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MARSH, and why do you want to work with us?
      Talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate/someone who won't cooperate.
      Do you have experience working with large amounts of data?
      Answer Question

Dec 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that the interviews did not result in an offer for you. I am sure you will have a fantastic summer internship and we hope to see you again next year.

Graduate Trainee Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The Interview process consists of applying online and then receiving a video interview which asks behavioural questions. If you get through, you are invited to do a presentation on Marsh and the industry that it operates in. The presentation is in front of Sr. VP's. Very good interview process, not lengthy and judges based on communication skills needed in the real world. All of the hiring managers were very friendly throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why Marsh?
      Tell us about a time when this occurred and how you dealt with it?
      Tell us about yourself and why you are a good candidate for Marsh.
      Answer Question

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marsh (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Client executive called me to come in for an interview. It was help at the office. 1:1 interview which was very quick and easy. Talked about myself and my experience, and they told me about the position and what was expected.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have that you can carry over into this position?   Answer Question