Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resumé through both Marsh's website and their own. A day later I received an email from Marsh to complete a screening on HireVue. This involved me recording answers to maybe five standard interview questions and submitting this video to Marsh. These are all timed and you have one chance to complete them. It was a weird experience. About three weeks later I heard back from Marsh saying that I'd moved onto the final round superday at their office in Chicago. Paid for my transit there and back, and myself and two other candidates rotated between three interviewers. These interviews were about 30min long and very relaxed. They tried to keep it more conversational than anything else. Ended with a Q&A with current TRAC Associates. Overall it wasn't an unpleasant experience. I received a call the next morning informing me that I hadn't gotten the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to your way of thinking.   Answer Question

TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position August 2017 and got an invitation for a first round interview September 16, 2017. It was through HireVue (super awkward) and about 5 questions I had to record and the last question was typed asking what were my top two preferences I would want to relocate to. I received another email 2.5 weeks later saying the team was impressed and would like for me to come to their Atlanta office for a final round interview October 2017. I flew in early that morning to prepare and feel comfortable at company. I got there about 45 minutes early and signed in. I sat in the lounge area for a little while until the other 3 people who were also interviewing with me came in. Before we started the interview process our supervisor told us that there was another session interviewing that day of 4 people as well, and Marsh was going to choose the 4 best out of 8. The Final Round was basically a "Super Day" There were 4 of us in this session in which we rotated for about 2 hours between 4 interviewers/current Marsh employees. At the end we had the opportunity to talk to current TRAC associates about their job and the process they went through etc. Our supervisors then came and asked if we had any questions then we left. The entire team was very sweet and showed us out.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Whole process was all right apart from fact I reached final stage and no one ever get back to me! I emailed recruiter with acknowledgment , chased later on, still no reply. I find it really unprofessional and was expecting at least automatic reply (you did not get the job).

Insurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

I applied through Marsh website. I called the office to speak with the manager, and received a call back to come in for an interview. I went in the next day, and they told me someone from another office will be contacting me. I never received a call.

Facility Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh in June 2014.

Interview

Short phone interview. Because of my current salary range, the recruiter let me know that I was over the current range. I thanked her for her time.

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Only one person interviewed me for about 30 mins. She introduced the position first then went through my resume. Basic behavior questions. But I found out I might not be the right person they were looking for while we talking.

Construction WU Administrator Interview

Interview

Applied online for the Construction WU Administrator position. Received an email to do the HireVue Video Interview. Did the vid keo and answered all questions. Two weeks later, I received a phone call from a recruiter in Dallas. He left me a message to return his call for the position. I missed his call by twenty minutes. I returned his call and he sent me a text asking if he could call me later. I replied to his text and said yes. He responded via text three hours later and asked who I was. I responded with my full name and advised him I was returning his call for the Construction WU Administrator position. He never responded back. Called him several times and no response. I never experienced this in the 15 years I worked in the insurance industry. This was very rude and unprofessional. I can accept if you went with another candidate, but for to reach out to me and then do not respond after I called you several times was truly unnecessary. I will most likely never apply again to this company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 5 interviews over the period of more than 5 weeks. First I completed HireVue interview (8 questions), then I was called by HR and was asked to briefly describe my previous experience. Afterwards I completed Prove It! test to show my Excel skills (55 questions). Later I had an onsite interview with Sr. VP and MD in the office in LA, and another one with a Financial Analyst, also in LA. And the last phone interview was with a Financial Analyst from NY office. I really did not understand the purpose of this interview as the interviewer was neither a decision maker nor worked in the location which I applied to. It was a waste of time. I followed up one time with no answer. It seems that the company does not bother to give any feedback.

Interview Questions

• If you have multiple deadlines how are you going to handle this situation?   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marsh (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Direct contact from the in-house recruiter, then a competency interview. The hiring manager was 20 minutes later for the interview, even though it was a lunch time appointment. The interview room was dingy and got small glass of water upon request, it was very hot in the room and I needed more.
    After a few days, I chased the recruiter for feedback - the answer was that I am still in the process, a couple of weeks after that I emailed the recruiter asking if they could give me feedback on the interview, as I had assumed I was not successful. Never heard from them again. I have to say - is probably says everything you need to know about the place. Glad I didn't get through to the next stage -what a terrible way to treat candidates and potential customers. Appalling.

Interview Questions

• Questions about why I was looking to leave and specific to my CV.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

everything going on for the interview is pleasant, having the interview with 2 staff, one from the department I was applied, the other is from HR. questions with working experience and personal background is asked and they have a brief introduction for the role and the company as while

Interview Questions

• why do you think this is the job that you want to apply? any added value from your past working experience?   Answer Question

Marsh Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience.