Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marsh Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.8

Certificate Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh in July 2016.

Interview

Well. The recruiter on the phone said I was a good fit for the position due to the fact that I was a licensed insurance agent so I went in for an interview and applied. Got the interview and the position was not very interesting at all. Sounded like a prison with computers.

Went through interview and recruiter nor company ever called back. No correspondence was given and was very unprofessional. Not very pleased with the interview as they are very low paying and asking questions that were irrelevant to the positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tough time with a precious employer and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

8 rounds of interviews over two weeks. The first 5 rounds were wth SVPs from each department, followed by a phone interview, followed by two interviews within a specific department.

Insuance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

General questions about past work history and learning abilities. They also said this position had a high turnover rate because it could be very frustrating to learn. They basically told me I had the job showed me the office space. About a week later they called and confirmed that I was hired and they would send a proposal over for signature.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marsh?   1 Answer

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

While I am happy that you made it through the interview process and landed a position so quickly, I hope that we can improve the interview experience for future candidates.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I sat down with the managing director of NY and we went through my resume. It was a smooth flowing conversation and I never once felt nervous or overwhelmed. The people were awesome, they had me meet the team I would be working with, gave me a tour of the building and gave me a great understanding of what I would be doing during my time there.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the HR team about a week later. Met with 3 different people for about a half hour each and ran through me resume, past experiences, etc. Everyone was extremely pleasant and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to get into the world of insurance?   1 Answer

Summer TRAC Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

On campus interview and then a super day the next week. The questions were mostly behavioral with some about what you know about the company and industry. During the super day you talk to 4 different people for an hour each and they are all very laid back and genuinely interested in your responses.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Mar 24, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback, I am happy to hear that your experience was positive. I hope you have a great summer experience and we will see you next year!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marsh (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied to this position through my universary career website. There are 2 rounds of interviews. The first one is hosted on campus in a on-on-one style intervier. If you get past this round, they invite you to the second round hosted at their nearest office. Here you have 4 back to back interviews each lasting around 20 minutes. They respond quickly on whether or not you get the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Marsh?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

First round was held at my university's campus. Pretty standard 30 minute behavioral interview. Interview was friendly. Found out I had a 2nd round interview the next morning. 2nd round was a superday at the Marsh office, which consisted of 4 30 min interviews. It sounds intimidating, but all the interviewers were friendly and interesting. They would ask 2-3 canned questions and then open it up to more of a discussion The time flew by.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Mar 24, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer. I hope you have a great summer with us!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Two online hirevue interviews then one final round interview at the chicago office. The final interview consisted of four 30 minute interviews. No technical questions, all behavioral. They just wanted to get to know you.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The Hiring Manager asked me did I know about SDLC. The Hiring Manager also asked me did I have any software developing experience and that the position would be pretty routine, but with potential for growth.