Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.8

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh (Overland Park, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email with a request for interview and the recruiter was very nice and helpful. The team I interviewed with were ready with a lot of questions for me and an overview of the company. I do wish they'd given me more of an overview of the daily tasks I'd complete, but they provided me with a lot of relevant information. The only other thing I'd suggest would be giving the parking garage letter for their building. I interviewed on the Sprint Campus in Overland Park, KS and it was my first time there. Knowing the parking garage letter would have made finding it, and avoiding getting lost as I did causing me to be late, a lot easier.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a conflict with a co-worker and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

1. Video recorded interview
    2. In person interview 2 hours with 4 people onsite in Chicago
    3. Phone Interview

Very interesting and intellectual interviews and everyone was engaged and energetic.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a process?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Columbia, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple and well organized. I found that Marsh & McLennan Companies was very easy to work with in regards to scheduling, interview day instructions, and overall communication.

Interview Questions

• The questions were conversational style. I cannot specify a question that was outside of the normal, at this time.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was the most seamless I have ever experienced. The HR recruiter was very helpful and both managers that I interviewed with answered all of my questions candidly. The time between interviews and the offer letter was less than a month - which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• How confident I was in returning to the market having been away from it from 7 years.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I applied to the Summer TRAC program through university recruiting. The first interview was with one person, and I found out after a few days that I made it to the second round of interviews. In the second round of interviews, four people interviewed me for about half an hour each. In both rounds of interviews, everyone was extremely personable and interested in telling me more about Marsh. Overall, the process of interviewing for the position was very positive, and I look forward to working at Marsh this summer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Marsh, and why are you interested in working with us?   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I had a very positive experience during the MARSH Summer TRAC Associate Interview process. During my time, my recruiter was incredibly helpful, and worked with me to ensure that I was as prepared for each meeting. My interviewers, both during the on campus interview portion, as well as the on site interview, were incredibly patient, understanding and wonderful to speak with. Contrary to popular belief, the MARSH interview process itself was more reminiscent of a captivating conversation, rather than a stress inducing experience. I saw my interview time as more of an opportunity to understand and speak with leaders of the insurance and risk management industry, and I was very delighted and humbled to have been extended an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a large data set.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter through a personal reference. I interviewed at Chicago, IL office with two managers. The questions were all behavioral. We talked about my past experience and projects that I took at the university. They asked about what I would like to do at the workplace since the position offered diverse opportunities. Both the interviews lasted for half an hour each. A week later, I interviewed on the phone with three people, from the Atlanta office. Similar questions were asked, but focused more on my future plans. I enjoyed the interview process thoroughly as each step was carried out very efficiently. The recruiter scheduled the interviews expeditiously and was always ready to answer my questions, even at odd hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked in a team and there was a problem. How did you control the situation?   Answer Question
    • Lots of questions about my past experience, from working in teams to prioritizing tasks.   Answer Question
    • Have you worked on large data-sets?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 5 interviews over the period of more than 5 weeks. First I completed HireVue interview (8 questions), then I was called by HR and was asked to briefly describe my previous experience. Afterwards I completed Prove It! test to show my Excel skills (55 questions). Later I had an onsite interview with Sr. VP and MD in the office in LA, and another one with a Financial Analyst, also in LA. And the last phone interview was with a Financial Analyst from NY office. I really did not understand the purpose of this interview as the interviewer was neither a decision maker nor worked in the location which I applied to. It was a waste of time. I followed up one time with no answer. It seems that the company does not bother to give any feedback.

Interview Questions

• If you have multiple deadlines how are you going to handle this situation?   Answer Question

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marsh (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was professional and appropriate for the position. The interviewers were friendly and did not ask any really tough questions. It was more of a discussion of my qualifications and review of my employment history.

Interview Questions

• How do you think the organization should transition from a predominantly waterfall SDLC process to an agile methodology? What are some potential pitfalls?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Overland Park, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone call from the Talent Acquisition team in New York. After a couple rounds of phone tag, we finally got connected and the phone screening was quick and to the point. She immediately sat up a time for an in person interview. I received great communication from that point forward from everyone involved. It was an extremely comfortable interview where I felt I could really be myself and also clearly speak to her questions. I then had a Skype interview with the VP of HR, and again extremely comfortable. Great conversation, and I got a real feel for how HR is lead. I then had a phone call with another HR Generalist to really get a feel for what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress or conflict? How do I handle it and what are my communication strategies.   Answer Question
    • Why am I looking?   Answer Question