Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marsh Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.8

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website. Sent cover letter to HR team in New York who forwarded it to local University Relations team. In several weeks, received request for on-campus interview. Interviewed with senior vice president, who asked several technical questions about my previous internship experience, then proceeded to discuss lighter topics such as sports and my university (which the SVP also attended). About a week later, received invitation for final interviews in downtown office.

Final interview day began early with a very informal briefing of what to expect with a Campus Recruiting specialist, followed by the actual interviews. Four candidates were brought in that day and each of us was put in a separate room. Four interviewers rotated between all four rooms, one visit from each interviewer to each candidate. My first three interviewers were VPs who asked moderately difficult behavioral questions, but were easy to socialize with, two in particular because they had graduated from the same university as me and knew many of the same people in the industry. The fourth interview was by far the most difficult, as the interviewer was an HR professional (in fact, the person who developed the TRAC program as I understand it) and asked very subjective and abstract questions. I felt that the order of my interviews put me at a disadvantage to the other candidates, because I was the person who was theoretically the most fatigued during my interview with the HR professional. However, I was told that all four of the interviewers would have some say in the decision, and to the best of my knowledge I was the only person who received an offer from that interviewing day.

After the round of interviews, all of the candidates were taken to a conference room to have refreshments and ask questions to current full-time TRAC Associates (This is a two-year rotational and formal training program which is the entry-level job upon completion of an internship). We were advised that this Q&A session would have no bearing on our interview decision, so we were free to ask anything we wanted without fear of consequences. After that session, the Campus Recruiting specialist told us that a decision would be made by the weekend (this interview day had been on a Thursday). I received a call the next day from the Campus Recruiting specialist asking how I thought the interview process went and informing me that I was being extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name three strengths and three weaknesses of yours.

Q: Why are you interested in broking as opposed to another line of work in the insurance industry?

Q: Did you have a final presentation during your last internship? Tell me about that presentation, with an emphasis on analytical aspects.
      Answer Question

Certificate Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Applied for another position and received an opportunity to purse this one instead. Started with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Met with the manager and supervisor. Very professional interview that took about 30 mins. Common questions. No surprises. No offer at the end of the interview. Waited weeks for a response. Overall, seemed like a great place to work and great people to work with.

Interview Questions

• How would did you handle a situation with a difficult employee?   Answer Question

TRAC Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed in the New York office for a summer internship. They treated me very well and I had a positive experience, despite the long day. I ultimately did not get the internship, but I think it would be a great and rewarding company to work for. It would definitely be a lot of work.

Client Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Several over the phone interviews/discussions with the recruiter and 2 in person interviews. One was in person the other was group.

Interview Questions

• What is it about your experience that makes you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Internal Sales -entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marsh in May 2013.

Interview

online CV submission, was called in for an interview. Did a group task with the prospective sales team, as well as a personal one on one interview with HR representative.

Interview Questions

• How are you a citizen of the world. I've lived in 4 countries as well as attended university in the Uk and Canada. While Im not sure if I gave an unsatisfactory answer, they were looking for something I didn't seem to hit the nail on the head with.   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh in July 2011.

Interview

Internal application. Recommended by my line manager.

Two part interview - panel at first and then a one to one. Skill tests carried out in the panel interview.

Technical Questions relating to unique covers available to clients - comment was made before questions where put to me that the correct answer was not necessarily what was being sought as the covers being queried where specialised - interiewers wanted to see how I would approach a query.

I made it through the panel interview and was selected for 2nd round with one to one interview with section head. I felt this aspect of the interview process was repetitive. With a lot of the information previously advised during the general application and the panel interview being rehashed.

In the one to one interview a query was raised as to why I wanted to leave the section I was in? Did I have issues with my colleagues in this section (naming some) - I felt that this question was unfair as my line manager had recommended me for consideration and an outsider of the firm would not have been in such a position.

I found the internal interview process to be more difficult then a general interview - as I had to remind myself that I had to display my skills as if the interviewing team did not have experience of working with me.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave the section I was in? Did I have issues with my colleagues in this section (naming some)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I applied to the Summer TRAC program through university recruiting. The first interview was with one person, and I found out after a few days that I made it to the second round of interviews. In the second round of interviews, four people interviewed me for about half an hour each. In both rounds of interviews, everyone was extremely personable and interested in telling me more about Marsh. Overall, the process of interviewing for the position was very positive, and I look forward to working at Marsh this summer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Marsh, and why are you interested in working with us?   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh in March 2017.

Interview

First stage was a 5 minute HireVue video, which seemed as a way for Marsh recruiters/interviewers to be introduced to their potential interviewees. The next stage was a one-on-one video interview (I was out of the country), and it was very much conversational but still well-structured with specific questions. The interviewer was very helpful, very easy to talk to, and definitely made me feel more comfortable. The last stage is a Super Day type format; I interviewed with 3 different people, and all the interviews were very similar to my first, but with more emphasis on my resume. Everyone I was in touch with throughout the process was very transparent, helpful, and definitely made the hiring process a great one.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe what Marsh does to your friends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I had a very positive experience during the MARSH Summer TRAC Associate Interview process. During my time, my recruiter was incredibly helpful, and worked with me to ensure that I was as prepared for each meeting. My interviewers, both during the on campus interview portion, as well as the on site interview, were incredibly patient, understanding and wonderful to speak with. Contrary to popular belief, the MARSH interview process itself was more reminiscent of a captivating conversation, rather than a stress inducing experience. I saw my interview time as more of an opportunity to understand and speak with leaders of the insurance and risk management industry, and I was very delighted and humbled to have been extended an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a large data set.   Answer Question

Surplus Lines Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter (who was awesome!), then competed a video interview, my recruiter then called me and we spoke over the phone, I then met with my supervisor and had an in person interview at the office I would be working at.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you well you can use Microsoft Excel.   1 Answer