Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview went pretty well. No general feedback and was unimpressed when one of their employees was cursing in front of me. If you want to impress students, it is no way to act unprofessional. A company should show professionalism when trying to recruit. I did not see that here as i thought I would.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

I was placed on assignment at Marsh through a local temp agency. Waited a year, as supervisor made the case to develop a permanent position for me. When the time came, Marsh made an offer and its sister company Mercer also offered me a position in another office. This was nice as I had them both trying to outbid the other. The interview process was very straightforward only because I had worked with both companies (Mercer more sporadically, by way of Marsh) for over a year and had thus proven my worth.

Interview Questions

• The position was created for me and all of my interviewers seemed to consider me an expert, thus there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When the time came, Marsh made an offer and its sister company Mercer also offered me a position in another office. This was nice as I had them both trying to outbid the other. And both offers went up a couple times before I accepted Marsh's.

OCIP Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Very quick because I was a contractor. I wouldn't use my personal experience. I meet with the various ppl I would work with. Each explained my role to assist in the job and that was the most lengthy process.

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Paris (France)) in January 2012.

Interview

First round with HR for 30min go through basic questions like your schedule at school, then 30min with managers and colleagues from the team, questions focus on what I've been done for my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• why Marsh? why France? What have you done for your previous job?   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

I learned about the job opportunity while temping at Marsh. The team manager was very impressed with my job skills. She requested that I apply for the position, which I did. I had an in-person interview with the team manager and the department manager. Both interviews were very easy. No difficult questions, straight-forward. After, I accepted the job offer, they did a background check and post-hire interview with the HR dept.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

While I certainly question the effectiveness of a post hire interview (sorry about that!), I am happy to hear that your temp experience was positive and turned into a full time role. Welcome!

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalispell, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh (Kalispell, MT) in July 2017.

Interview

W/Mel Hodges @ Torrent. Very pleasant, professional and informative. Relaxed atmosphere. Top notch organization. Came away feeling positive and happy regardless of the outcome. Time well invested. Left with strong desire to become an integral part of the organization.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First I did a HireVue. I received an invitation to interview on campus about 2 weeks later. Then the interview process was fairly simple. I met with 3 people individually then spoke with current Tract Associates

Interview Questions

• Why Marsh? Behavioral questions   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh (Mumbai (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

brief discussion on background by 3 senior members, mostly about clients handled and previous work profile as this was a lateral hire. The process was done in one day and i got my offer post that by end of week

Product Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a basic behavioral interview. They asked about my past work experiences and leadership roles in order to get a general idea of how I would perform in the position assigned. They also wanted to see how I handled different situations. No different than any other behavioral interview. I heard back the next day and received an offer. The internship was a less formal internship program as I was the only intern working for my boss, so there was more personal attention.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed at achieving your task.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Good, thoughtful questions.