Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

I was placed on assignment at Marsh through a local temp agency. Waited a year, as supervisor made the case to develop a permanent position for me. When the time came, Marsh made an offer and its sister company Mercer also offered me a position in another office. This was nice as I had them both trying to outbid the other. The interview process was very straightforward only because I had worked with both companies (Mercer more sporadically, by way of Marsh) for over a year and had thus proven my worth.

Interview Questions

• The position was created for me and all of my interviewers seemed to consider me an expert, thus there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When the time came, Marsh made an offer and its sister company Mercer also offered me a position in another office. This was nice as I had them both trying to outbid the other. And both offers went up a couple times before I accepted Marsh's.

OCIP Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Very quick because I was a contractor. I wouldn't use my personal experience. I meet with the various ppl I would work with. Each explained my role to assist in the job and that was the most lengthy process.

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Paris (France)) in January 2012.

Interview

First round with HR for 30min go through basic questions like your schedule at school, then 30min with managers and colleagues from the team, questions focus on what I've been done for my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• why Marsh? why France? What have you done for your previous job?   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

I learned about the job opportunity while temping at Marsh. The team manager was very impressed with my job skills. She requested that I apply for the position, which I did. I had an in-person interview with the team manager and the department manager. Both interviews were very easy. No difficult questions, straight-forward. After, I accepted the job offer, they did a background check and post-hire interview with the HR dept.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

While I certainly question the effectiveness of a post hire interview (sorry about that!), I am happy to hear that your temp experience was positive and turned into a full time role. Welcome!

Product Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a basic behavioral interview. They asked about my past work experiences and leadership roles in order to get a general idea of how I would perform in the position assigned. They also wanted to see how I handled different situations. No different than any other behavioral interview. I heard back the next day and received an offer. The internship was a less formal internship program as I was the only intern working for my boss, so there was more personal attention.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed at achieving your task.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Good, thoughtful questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh in June 2012.

Interview

The manager was really nice and easy to talk to. it ended up being part time, and i needed full time

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Urbandale, IA).

Interview

Applied and had an employee referral. I was contacted the next day to set up an in-person HR screening interview. HR representative was very friendly and asked me to explain my resume and describe my understanding of the position/company. Very easy. I was then asked to come in for a 2nd interview a week later with 2 supervisors. Interview was very informal and relaxed. Was asked questions like "Tell me about a time when..." or "How do you like to be supervised." I was contacted 3 weeks later with an offer. Everyone who I worked with was pleasnat and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a negative performance review?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer seemed firm.

Risk Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

On campus interview. Very generic and scripted questions. One interviewer who I felt did not want to be there. It was not an enjoyable interview. There is not much research that can be done to help you prepare for the interview. Just a broad understanding of the insurance brokerage market. It would help to be to date on current clients and business processes that they use. Ask a lot of questions to better help your position in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to tell some (social, not work related) something difficult. Please relate this to your position of interest.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews - First round on Campus, and the recruiter hardly asked any questions. Just wanted to see how much you knew about Marsh and how interested you were in the position. Second round was a "superday" of four back to back 30min. interviews on-site with managers and the director of the TRAC program. Questions were mostly fit based, and the interviews were mostly conversations about the job, the company, etc. Pretty standard and straightforward interviews.

Interview Questions

• Hoe do you deal with a difficult teammate? Why Marsh? What do you know about insurance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate for the internship offer