Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.8

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marsh (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and laid back. I went in super nervous but he made me feel really comfortable and a lot less nervous than I was originally. I felt as if I were just having a normal conversation with him. He told me about himself and then asked me 5 basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions such as a time when you worked with large quantities of data, how you motivated during a project that was uninteresting, a time you worked with someone who were of different background and had different opinions.   Answer Question

Mar 7, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you had a good experience and were treated with the respect that every candidate deserves.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh in January 2016.

Interview

Email contact lead to recorded video interview and then HR interview. Recorded interview was a bit intimidating but actual interview with HR was very relaxed and comfortable. At the end of the HR interview, I was told that a hiring manager would contact me but did not receive a follow up from either HR or Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions: why do you want to work for Marsh, tell me about difficult situations and you overcame them, etc. Video interview questions are tailored to the position you are applying for and problem solving scenarios for your position.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall, the process was pretty typical: HR phone screen, in-person interviews, etc. It was a bit more drawn out than it perhaps should have been. Make sure you get a full picture of your responsibilities and really dig into the benefits information!

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience handling a book of business of large P&C accounts.   Answer Question

Another offer at another firm was more attractive based on the information at hand. In retrospect, would have been a better decision to go with Marsh.

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

The interview process began with on-campus interview before ending with a final round interview at the headquarters. The interviews were very behavioral and the people I met were very genuine.

Interview Questions

• What is attractive to you about the TRAC Associate position? Talk about your resume and past experiences.   Answer Question

Nov 13, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you had a good interview experience. And welcome to Marsh!

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with Marsh for the full time TRAC Associate position. They had me interview with a man probably in his 50's from the nearest city's office. He asked standard behavioral questions related to my past experiences and how I handle situations. He was given a set of questions to ask that I guess they ask all candidates for the program and then left time for some discussion afterwards. I was a bit nervous and don't think I showed enough of my personality. Ultimately I was not selected to move on to the final round interview, but overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to do busy work and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Nov 6, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on the interview process. Good luck in your job search.

Summer Trac Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marsh in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was originally going to be on campus and in person, but something came up so the interviewer wasn't able to make it. Instead, I received a link to complete a recorded video interview. It wasn't a Skype interview--basically they had pre-recorded questions and you have a certain amount of time (30 seconds) to think about your answer and a certain amount of time to answer (2 minutes I think). Overall there were 7ish questions I believe, including one that was just state your school, major and graduation date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a project that was not particular challenging and how you stayed motivated.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to analyze large quantities of data—how did you tackle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with people with different backgrounds and/or opinions.   Answer Question

Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marsh (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was relaxed and not intense. The interviewers were very mentoring and encouraging. I met with 3 people but individually which took away some of the nervousness.
    Each interviewer explained in detail what the position was about and gave scenarios of the day to day experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be ideal to work for Marsh?   Answer Question

Jan 25, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your accepted offer. I am happy to hear that your interview experience was reflective of the candidate experience we strive to deliver.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Done through campus recruiting on college career site, and they contacted me via email for an on-campus interview. Interviewer was a bit behind schedule, but overall very pleasant and nice during the interview, and discussed his long tenure at the company. Said I would hear back the next week; received the typical rejection letter after a week and a half

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

Nov 13, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback and I am glad to hear that your experience was positive. Best of luck to you.

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was short (day wise) and very formal. There was no info session or other meetings with the employees or company outside the interviews. The first interview was a short 30 minute interview on-campus and after that you were flown to their office for a "super-day" interview. This one was four hours long followed by a short panel with the current TRAC Associates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do Risk Management Insurance Brokerage and what industry are you interested in?   Answer Question

Nov 20, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Interview

Very friendly employees giving behavioral interviews. Managers in 4 of Marsh's departments and the head of HR will interview every candidate for roughly 30 minutes each. They do a good job of making it seem like there are fewer candidates trying for the position you want than there actually are. Very few technical questions were asked, they just want to see what engine you are working with. My future manager interviewed me and he was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about what we do   1 Answer

Oct 5, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Welcome aboard! Congratulations on your accepted offer.