Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.8

Junior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Overland Park, KS) in July 2017.

Interview

Met with two senior underwriters, both very friendly. First half of the interview was spent with the interviewers reading an overview of the company. The second half they asked very basic interview questions and left time for me to ask questions. The whole interview was less than half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been late with an assignment or didn't perform a task to the best of your ability? If so, why?   Answer Question

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalispell, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh (Kalispell, MT) in July 2017.

Interview

W/Mel Hodges @ Torrent. Very pleasant, professional and informative. Relaxed atmosphere. Top notch organization. Came away feeling positive and happy regardless of the outcome. Time well invested. Left with strong desire to become an integral part of the organization.

Construction WU Administrator Interview

Interview

Applied online for the Construction WU Administrator position. Received an email to do the HireVue Video Interview. Did the vid keo and answered all questions. Two weeks later, I received a phone call from a recruiter in Dallas. He left me a message to return his call for the position. I missed his call by twenty minutes. I returned his call and he sent me a text asking if he could call me later. I replied to his text and said yes. He responded via text three hours later and asked who I was. I responded with my full name and advised him I was returning his call for the Construction WU Administrator position. He never responded back. Called him several times and no response. I never experienced this in the 15 years I worked in the insurance industry. This was very rude and unprofessional. I can accept if you went with another candidate, but for to reach out to me and then do not respond after I called you several times was truly unnecessary. I will most likely never apply again to this company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was pleasantly surprised when HR emailed me a few weeks later requesting a phone interview. After the interview, I was told that I would be contacted and advised if management wanted to meet with me or not. That was fair. I was contacted a week a later and asked to come into the LA office for an in-person interview. This lasted for about an hour and went well. I was told that I would be contacted in about 2 weeks for a second interview. I was contacted and spoke with 2 individuals at the second interview. This also went well. Everyone was personable and forthcoming about the work. I appreciated that as I was familiar with the tasks that they mentioned. About 2 weeks later, I received a call from HR offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• If you have multiple deadlines how are you going to handle this situation?     1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh (Overland Park, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email with a request for interview and the recruiter was very nice and helpful. The team I interviewed with were ready with a lot of questions for me and an overview of the company. I do wish they'd given me more of an overview of the daily tasks I'd complete, but they provided me with a lot of relevant information. The only other thing I'd suggest would be giving the parking garage letter for their building. I interviewed on the Sprint Campus in Overland Park, KS and it was my first time there. Knowing the parking garage letter would have made finding it, and avoiding getting lost as I did causing me to be late, a lot easier.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a conflict with a co-worker and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

1. Video recorded interview
    2. In person interview 2 hours with 4 people onsite in Chicago
    3. Phone Interview

Very interesting and intellectual interviews and everyone was engaged and energetic.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a process?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Columbia, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple and well organized. I found that Marsh & McLennan Companies was very easy to work with in regards to scheduling, interview day instructions, and overall communication.

Interview Questions

• The questions were conversational style. I cannot specify a question that was outside of the normal, at this time.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was the most seamless I have ever experienced. The HR recruiter was very helpful and both managers that I interviewed with answered all of my questions candidly. The time between interviews and the offer letter was less than a month - which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• How confident I was in returning to the market having been away from it from 7 years.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I applied to the Summer TRAC program through university recruiting. The first interview was with one person, and I found out after a few days that I made it to the second round of interviews. In the second round of interviews, four people interviewed me for about half an hour each. In both rounds of interviews, everyone was extremely personable and interested in telling me more about Marsh. Overall, the process of interviewing for the position was very positive, and I look forward to working at Marsh this summer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Marsh, and why are you interested in working with us?   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I had a very positive experience during the MARSH Summer TRAC Associate Interview process. During my time, my recruiter was incredibly helpful, and worked with me to ensure that I was as prepared for each meeting. My interviewers, both during the on campus interview portion, as well as the on site interview, were incredibly patient, understanding and wonderful to speak with. Contrary to popular belief, the MARSH interview process itself was more reminiscent of a captivating conversation, rather than a stress inducing experience. I saw my interview time as more of an opportunity to understand and speak with leaders of the insurance and risk management industry, and I was very delighted and humbled to have been extended an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a large data set.   Answer Question