Marsh & McLennan Companies Advisory Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Advisory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online. Received an email requesting time for a phone interview which was scheduled and completed within a week. Nothing difficult about the phone screen, straight forward questions about my background. A few days later I received another email requesting when I might be available for in office interview. This was agreed upon in a few days giving me a week before my scheduled meeting. My interview was scheduled from 1:00 to 2:45 with meetings with 4 different people. I was greeted upon arrival and was personally guided by same girl from meeting to meeting. I met with head of department as well as immediate team members. I was supposed to meet with the local HR Director but there was a conflict and she was not able to see me. As in the phone interview, the questions asked by all persons were pretty much straight forward. Everyone was engaging and professional. I enjoyed the visit. It was just a few days before I got a call for HR in discussing an offer.

Interview Questions

• The following was included my resume Executive Summary "Forward-thinking leader .......". I had my resume professionally written and those words were not mine. My interviewer as me was if meant by forward-thinking leader. I was not prepared for that one. Moral of the story is if you have professional help writing your resume, be sure you agree and can explain everything the writer includes. I fumbled on answering with a stammering about how much more productive it is than going backward....................UGH!   Answer Question

because they did not offer Advisory Specialist job in Dallas siting a weekness in customer interface (I was coming from a wholesale underwritering background) but alternately thought I would be better suited for a Broker Placement role. This might have been acceptable except the position was not in Dallas but 4 1/2 hours down the highway in Houston. The job did not excite me enough to relocate (I have a 3000sf home and LOTS of stuff).