Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.8

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA).

Interview

We had a nice large room all to ourselves, like a big conference room. I waited in the lobby for about 1/2 hour before I got called. I had to get a security badge and go through a turnstyle. I sat with another applicant whose uncle was an employee, his uncle came over and encouraged his nephew. Seemed like friendly and cordial people. They said a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• he asked me "Walk me through your resume." She let me talk on and on.   1 Answer

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a bit slower than most companies from the initial application date to the 1st interview. Hirevue was use for the interviews which is like Skype. It's a one-way interview where are asked a series of questions. Your answers are recorded, saved and downloaded where the HR staff can review.

Interview Questions

• What are your main reason for wanting to leave a job you've been on for several years?   1 Answer
    • We will get back to you should when a decision has been made.   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It started off very well. I applied on their site and received a response from their talent acquisition team the same day to complete a recorded (HireVue) interview. Once I completed the interview, I check in with the recruiter weekly. Finally, I was informed after 4 weeks that the position was in the process of being filled. This wasn't the first time it happened to me. I previously had applied to another position where I was selected as a finalist and they even took it upon themselves to contact my references. At the end, I was contacted and informed that they decided to move forward with an internal candidate. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING TO THIS COMPANY. THEY ENJOY STRINGING PEOPLE ALONG. THEIR RECRUITERS ARE HELPLESS AND IT FEELS AS IF THEY DO NOT DO THEIR JOBS. They are big on employee referral but don't give you much consideration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why are you looking to leave where you are?
      Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Austin, TX).

Interview

There were 2 people interviewing me in person they were both very nice. The questions they asked me were about my past work experiences mostly, they asked how well do I do under pressure. Rest were just small conversations. It does take a while for them to process you to get started but they let you know whether you get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• How can your past work experiences help you transition into this job.   Answer Question

Jan 30, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. We do realize that the background check and other pre hire processes can take a while. It is something we are committed to improving. Congratulations on your offer!

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Columbia, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

I arrived on time but sat in the front area for approximately 10 minutes before the interviewer, a supervisor in that department, came to get me. The email stated to dress formal so I arrived in a nice, navy blue pants suit. However, the interviewer had on jeans and a sleeveless casual top. Evidentally, there's no dress code. The interview consisted of a few questions but more so the job description which consisted of several different roles in one. The interviewer told me they needed people badly and right now, everyone is a bit overworked and the environment is a bit chaotic. (Paraphrasing). I was concerned about that part but I'm a hard worker and am used to challenges so I didn't scare easily. Anyways, three months later I received a rejection email.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

They used an software app for interview, it was pretty awkward. you are basically just looking at the camera and talking to yourself. However, you can practice multiple times before you actually interview.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback. I am sorry that the video interview felt awkward for you. It certainly feels that way if you haven't done it before.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Urbandale, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

the process was very fun and the supervisors that i had were very nice and funny. they didnt really ask a lot of questions but they did want to get to know you as a person.

Interview Questions

• what do you think you would be doing in this role.   1 Answer

Jan 30, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer! I am happy to hear that you found the interview process to be fun. We look forward to having you on our team.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Norwood, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant and informative.Phone screening, completing an online survey and a one on one interview.The process was lengthy but with background checks and reference checks that is to be expected.Overall the whole process was worth it.There is a lot of studying for the first two weeks to get a knowledge of what the position would entail.

Interview Questions

• Why the company should hire me.Any past experience with phone / customer care etc   Answer Question

Certificate Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Austin, TX).

Interview

Online application, do all of your pre-employment testing. If you make the cut you get an interview. Standard questions were asked in a peaceful environment. Interview was done by two people. Do some research on the company and standard interview questions before you go in. Interview last about 20 - 30 minutes start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. What you did before this, why Marsh, times you have communicated issues. Detail oriented? Nothing too left field. Research standard interview questions before You go in.   Answer Question

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer. Welcome to MMC!

Private Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Erie, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone introduction from HR after my friend's internal referral, then I received 2 seperate emails. 1 of them is the direct link to the job posting. The other email gave me a link to an online interview website called Hirevue. There were 14 questions, 11 of them were short essay types, and 3 of them were video questions. A question is posted on your computer screen and your computer will record what you say. The preparation time is 30 seconds for each question and you have 3 minutes to finish your answer. Make sure your computer has speaker, microphone and webcam set up before starting the process.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience.