Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

HR phone screen followed by in-person interviews with team.

The team was very nice and the conversations went well. Talked about background of group, goals and outlook of the position and team.

However, poor communication throughout process in terms of updates. After reaching out to HR for updates on the status of the position weeks after the interviews, was told they would be in touch during the week. A week later, had to reach out again to follow up and was told verbatim from previous response that they would be in touch. Meanwhile, according to the MMC website career section, the position is "inactive" and no longer taking submissions. So either HR is misleading to imply the process is still ongoing or the position has been filled already without any communication.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2017.

Interview

on skype interview with a variety of executives, they asked many questions then i answered. They seemed nice and they answered all my questions, just did not seem to want to ask me any outside of the box questions

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA).

Interview

We had a nice large room all to ourselves, like a big conference room. I waited in the lobby for about 1/2 hour before I got called. I had to get a security badge and go through a turnstyle. I sat with another applicant whose uncle was an employee, his uncle came over and encouraged his nephew. Seemed like friendly and cordial people. They said a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• he asked me "Walk me through your resume." She let me talk on and on.   1 Answer

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Happy to hear that our collegial atmosphere came through. Best of luck to you.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It started off very well. I applied on their site and received a response from their talent acquisition team the same day to complete a recorded (HireVue) interview. Once I completed the interview, I check in with the recruiter weekly. Finally, I was informed after 4 weeks that the position was in the process of being filled. This wasn't the first time it happened to me. I previously had applied to another position where I was selected as a finalist and they even took it upon themselves to contact my references. At the end, I was contacted and informed that they decided to move forward with an internal candidate. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING TO THIS COMPANY. THEY ENJOY STRINGING PEOPLE ALONG. THEIR RECRUITERS ARE HELPLESS AND IT FEELS AS IF THEY DO NOT DO THEIR JOBS. They are big on employee referral but don't give you much consideration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why are you looking to leave where you are?
      Answer Question

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that our experience did not meet our high standards for our candidates. Please feel free to contact me directly at 212-345-9926 to discuss further.

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a bit slower than most companies from the initial application date to the 1st interview. Hirevue was use for the interviews which is like Skype. It's a one-way interview where are asked a series of questions. Your answers are recorded, saved and downloaded where the HR staff can review.

Interview Questions

• What are your main reason for wanting to leave a job you've been on for several years?   1 Answer
    • We will get back to you should when a decision has been made.   1 Answer

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that the process felt long, although 5 weeks is certainly within our normal range. We do appreciate your feedback and will continue to look for ways to accelerate and improve our ... More

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Columbia, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

I arrived on time but sat in the front area for approximately 10 minutes before the interviewer, a supervisor in that department, came to get me. The email stated to dress formal so I arrived in a nice, navy blue pants suit. However, the interviewer had on jeans and a sleeveless casual top. Evidentally, there's no dress code. The interview consisted of a few questions but more so the job description which consisted of several different roles in one. The interviewer told me they needed people badly and right now, everyone is a bit overworked and the environment is a bit chaotic. (Paraphrasing). I was concerned about that part but I'm a hard worker and am used to challenges so I didn't scare easily. Anyways, three months later I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. Each of our office locations have a different dress code. It never hurts to be overdressed for an interview! I am sorry to hear that this opportunity didn't work out ... More

Private Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Erie, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone introduction from HR after my friend's internal referral, then I received 2 seperate emails. 1 of them is the direct link to the job posting. The other email gave me a link to an online interview website called Hirevue. There were 14 questions, 11 of them were short essay types, and 3 of them were video questions. A question is posted on your computer screen and your computer will record what you say. The preparation time is 30 seconds for each question and you have 3 minutes to finish your answer. Make sure your computer has speaker, microphone and webcam set up before starting the process.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Too long of a process do not interview here and bank the job, if you have other offers elsewhere take them. recruiters communications is not consistent. Rejection was sent via a generated email would have been better if it came directly from the recruiter you actually dealt with.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and after 2 days I received an email for video interview. In my opinion, it was quite awkward (answering questions to a computer screen). However, I answered all of the questions correctly. After the interview, it's been more than 2 months, I've not heard from them and I'm guessing I was rejected. It's really unprofessional of them, not to reply, even when it's a rejection.

Interview Questions

• There were only five questions, only one was related to my role. Rest of them was technical   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I first had a brief phone screening and then completed a video interview through an app called hirevue. To be honest the video interview was pretty awkward and I did not think I did well. I did receive a phone call about two weeks later to go to the office and interview one on one. The interviewer was extremely nice and personable and all we really did was go over my resume. The majority of the interview was conversational once we got past my resume and skills. It seems that they are really looking for strong interpersonal skills. Regardless of whether I am extended an offer I would definitely say that it was an extremely pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions on my resume and schooling and then past that just conversation.   Answer Question

May 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback. The video interview can be a little awkward at first but it sounds like you did better with it than you thought.