Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2017

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person. At the time of the in-person they asked if I'd be available to come back and interview with some other people, I replied yes. Left and never heard from anyone ever again. Followed up twice. Terrible when you are interviewing with HR for a job in HR

Insurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

I submitted a resume through the website and got an email a couple of weeks later saying that I had been invited to a video interview. Basically, I had to answer questions while looking into a webcam. You are given 30 seconds once you see the question to prepare your response, and then 2 minutes to answer. I thought that this was a weird, and very impersonal way of interviewing candidates. The traditional phone interview with real, human interaction is way better.

The worst part about the whole process is I took the time to complete the video interview and never heard back. It has been 6 months and not a peep. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you had to solve a problem and what you did to solve it   Answer Question

Problem Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I applied to the position through their website and heard back from HR about a week later. The call was a brief phone interview followed by a HireVue video interview. HireVue is just a site you logon to to answer between 5-10 questions already selected for you. It is not a live video interview but when you are ready, you click Go, and have 2 mins or so to answer the question displayed. After the HireVue, I had 2 additional phone interviews - one with manager and one with a peer. After the interview with the peer, I was called in for an in-person with the team (not the hiring manager) which went great. A few days later, I was called for another phone interview but with a different peer in a different country. I was a little confused since I had already spoken to the hiring manager and met with their go-to/lead person who was local. Didn't receive feedback after that. Different culture afraid of newcomers co-located with the rest of the team perhaps?

Interview Questions

• I was asked on HireVue and again by 3 different people the difference between a LAN and a WAN. A very basic question... yet very important. I sensed a lack of communication between the team members.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Met recruiter via a virtual job fair event which led to a request for an online recorded video interview. Questions are posted, you have 30 seconds to prepare yourself to deliver your response, then the recording starts...and your timer starts...you have 3 minutes to answer your question. There are no do-overs or second attempts. You do have the ability to practice with questions to get used to the format and being recorded...you can watch your response to see you you sound, look, present yourself before you do the actual interview. This is the first step and follow up meetings/interviews come after this. There is no job offer at the end of this (or rejection either)...just an email saying thanks for completing it. Expect to be contacted by someone later to discuss next steps.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Note: I truly think Mercer is a great company that I would love to work for despite my experience. I can tell the people that work there are genuine and caring; which is rare. General Process: Submit online application and recruiters at corporate will sift through the applicants. If they like you then HR calls you and schedules a phone interview. They usually do a few phone interviews, aptitude test(s), then an in person interview or HiVue interview if you're remote. This was a 2 hour interview with 4 interviewers having a budgeted 30 mins with each applicant. I wonder the effectiveness of jaded interviews. Those who interview are not actually recruiters, so they have a bunch of other responsibilities they need to get to... I imagine they want to do things that help them keep their job moreso than focus on an applicant trying to answer a question correctly.
    My experience: The process lasted 3 months. I was a referral from a respected employee and enjoyed visiting with the employees I interviewed with. The high level of ambiguity during the interview process was difficult. Long story sort, I made it to 2 final round interviews (the latter interview suggested after the original final round interview). HR sent me emails to links with the wrong job description attached so I literally was not sure what job I was interviewing for since different emails were saying different things. Mercer was impressed enough for me to be a "runner-up" to a senior position that they would move me to an entry level position to gain a proper foundation. I loved this about them! However I found it odd that they would not seek clarification of my responses to their questions nor give me any feedback after denying me twice.

Interview Questions

• "Are you looking to re-locate?"   1 Answer
    • What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

HR phone screen followed by in-person interviews with team.

The team was very nice and the conversations went well. Talked about background of group, goals and outlook of the position and team.

However, poor communication throughout process in terms of updates. After reaching out to HR for updates on the status of the position weeks after the interviews, was told they would be in touch during the week. A week later, had to reach out again to follow up and was told verbatim from previous response that they would be in touch. Meanwhile, according to the MMC website career section, the position is "inactive" and no longer taking submissions. So either HR is misleading to imply the process is still ongoing or the position has been filled already without any communication.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

This was all done through a recording. I didn't have a face to face interview. It was worse that getting a meeting with HR. There were essay questions and asked to record my answers to questions.

Interview Questions

• Salary expections in essay format.   1 Answer
    • What previous experience makes you good for this job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2017.

Interview

on skype interview with a variety of executives, they asked many questions then i answered. They seemed nice and they answered all my questions, just did not seem to want to ask me any outside of the box questions

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA).

Interview

We had a nice large room all to ourselves, like a big conference room. I waited in the lobby for about 1/2 hour before I got called. I had to get a security badge and go through a turnstyle. I sat with another applicant whose uncle was an employee, his uncle came over and encouraged his nephew. Seemed like friendly and cordial people. They said a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• he asked me "Walk me through your resume." She let me talk on and on.   1 Answer

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Happy to hear that our collegial atmosphere came through. Best of luck to you.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It started off very well. I applied on their site and received a response from their talent acquisition team the same day to complete a recorded (HireVue) interview. Once I completed the interview, I check in with the recruiter weekly. Finally, I was informed after 4 weeks that the position was in the process of being filled. This wasn't the first time it happened to me. I previously had applied to another position where I was selected as a finalist and they even took it upon themselves to contact my references. At the end, I was contacted and informed that they decided to move forward with an internal candidate. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING TO THIS COMPANY. THEY ENJOY STRINGING PEOPLE ALONG. THEIR RECRUITERS ARE HELPLESS AND IT FEELS AS IF THEY DO NOT DO THEIR JOBS. They are big on employee referral but don't give you much consideration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why are you looking to leave where you are?   Answer Question

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that our experience did not meet our high standards for our candidates. Please feel free to contact me directly at 212-345-9926 to discuss further.