Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.8

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA).

Interview

We had a nice large room all to ourselves, like a big conference room. I waited in the lobby for about 1/2 hour before I got called. I had to get a security badge and go through a turnstyle. I sat with another applicant whose uncle was an employee, his uncle came over and encouraged his nephew. Seemed like friendly and cordial people. They said a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• he asked me "Walk me through your resume." She let me talk on and on.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Extremely long process and seemed very disconnected. Interviews took over 2 months, final candidate, interviewed with 6 people. Changed their mind as to direction at last minute and hired someone from outside the industry.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Nov 20, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that it wasn't the candidate experience we strive to deliver. Thank you for the feedback.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Interview was strange and a first for me. I used an App on my phone to record myself answering interview questions. I didn't care much for this. I love technology but this was very awkward. Later I received a phone call about the salary that I requested. She said that they couldn't give me what I was asking but that they thought their benefits would compensate. I agreed to meet with the management in Louisville who was on vacation. Next thing I know/ I received an email saying that they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What salary were you looking for? Strengths / weakness   Answer Question

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Oct 2, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your MMC interview experience. We have received very positive feedback from candidates who appreciate the on demand format and flexibility it affords and understand that the ... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial interview is with HireVue online.
    The questions were far-fetch, which leaves you almost speechless.
    it picks up your facial expressions, and even if you're not nervous, just the fact of being filmed makes things uneasy.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths and weaknesses?
      Why do you want to work for us?
      How would you handle a stressful situation?
      Answer Question

Insurance Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

They have the process down to a science they feel. They interview 200 and hire 2 (ratio) select people with traits they feel will determine success for company and individual. Must have industry experience &/or have contacts otherwise they feel it isn't a good fit regardless of what the job postings say. They missed a good one.

Interview Questions

• How many contacts do you have that are a decision maker in companies with 50 or more employee's?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Challenging - Pareto run the assessments so look for sales skills. Various group exercises, presentations and individual public speaking. Important to get involved, if you're happy engaging with people and voicing your own ideas, back yourself and be confident.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Whole process took 4 week. Applied online and heard from a recruiter in 3 days, Had about a 20-30 minute phone conversation with the recruiter. Then took a test and passed. Then met with a manager, and then another manager the week after. Got an offer approximately a two days later.

Insurance Specialist - Metro Casualty Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

3 wks. after applying via LinkedIn, received an afternoon e-mail scheduling a next morning phone screening interview. Face-to=face interviews were to begin the following week. Position was in NY, but interviewer was in Kentucky. Standard screening questions including "what kind of salary do you need?" The interviewer said that Marsh never includes salaries in job postings. She also made a remark about the cost of living in NYC, which led me to believe that the $50k-60k salary range that I suggested was too high. In addition, she mentioned, in response to my question, that they had a very large number or candidates. This gave me the impression that were in a position to be extremely selective.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about the insurance industry?   Answer Question
    • If I were to ask your former employer to describe an area where you need to improve, what would he or she say?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply for a position at Marsh, as opposed to other brokerages?   Answer Question
    • Do you consider yourself someone who likes to work independently or a team player? and why?   Answer Question
    • Rate your proficiency in Microsoft Excel from 1-10. How have you used Excel in the past year? What did you do? Rate your proficiency in .... interviewer went through every item listed under computer skills on my resume.   Answer Question

Placement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews with numerous collegues. My first interview I met with 8 different people in small groups (2 at a time). Based on my prior industry experience (12+ years) most of the questions were about getting to know me. I was invited back for a second interview with upper management level collegues. Similar to the first interview session as I met them in small groups and was mostly asked about my working style, challenges I've faced in the work environment, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe the biggest challenge you faced in your prior job. How did you address and find resolution to the challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is through a 3rd party that Marsh uses for hiring and backround checks. The process was easy as they agreed to the terms I asked for. Conduct a backround check.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Very thorough. First was a one hour phone interview with HR Director which was scheduled for 20-25 minutes by admin but went a full hour. Great rapport, basically fact-finding. Then received a call two weeks later for in-person interview. Initially met with HRD again for about an hour, took Wonderlic test. Next I met with Department Head. Very direct, aggressive questions but I was able to respond cogently. After about an hour I got a brief tour of the office and was offered lunch following week with team member. Lunch went well - casual. Got more info on position. Then took Kolbe test online. Further tests from industrial psychologist who I then met with to review off-site. Finally lunch with one of the two partners and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions were from the Department Head who went through my resume with a fine tooth comb.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly easy - they knew roughly what I was scheduled to make in 2013 and increased their offer a little in addition to nearly 4 weeks vacation and allowed me a flexible schedule as my wife just gave birth to twins 6 months ago.