Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2017.

Interview

on skype interview with a variety of executives, they asked many questions then i answered. They seemed nice and they answered all my questions, just did not seem to want to ask me any outside of the box questions

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

detailed, lengthy, detailed, thorough. Several steps were required and testing - drug and criminal background tests were required. You really needed to be prepared as they put you to the test. They created simulated situations and saw how you reacted.

Interview Questions

• past experience and role playing   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Columbia, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

I arrived on time but sat in the front area for approximately 10 minutes before the interviewer, a supervisor in that department, came to get me. The email stated to dress formal so I arrived in a nice, navy blue pants suit. However, the interviewer had on jeans and a sleeveless casual top. Evidentally, there's no dress code. The interview consisted of a few questions but more so the job description which consisted of several different roles in one. The interviewer told me they needed people badly and right now, everyone is a bit overworked and the environment is a bit chaotic. (Paraphrasing). I was concerned about that part but I'm a hard worker and am used to challenges so I didn't scare easily. Anyways, three months later I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. Each of our office locations have a different dress code. It never hurts to be overdressed for an interview! I am sorry to hear that this opportunity didn't work out ... More

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA).

Interview

We had a nice large room all to ourselves, like a big conference room. I waited in the lobby for about 1/2 hour before I got called. I had to get a security badge and go through a turnstyle. I sat with another applicant whose uncle was an employee, his uncle came over and encouraged his nephew. Seemed like friendly and cordial people. They said a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• he asked me "Walk me through your resume." She let me talk on and on.   1 Answer

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Happy to hear that our collegial atmosphere came through. Best of luck to you.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It started off very well. I applied on their site and received a response from their talent acquisition team the same day to complete a recorded (HireVue) interview. Once I completed the interview, I check in with the recruiter weekly. Finally, I was informed after 4 weeks that the position was in the process of being filled. This wasn't the first time it happened to me. I previously had applied to another position where I was selected as a finalist and they even took it upon themselves to contact my references. At the end, I was contacted and informed that they decided to move forward with an internal candidate. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING TO THIS COMPANY. THEY ENJOY STRINGING PEOPLE ALONG. THEIR RECRUITERS ARE HELPLESS AND IT FEELS AS IF THEY DO NOT DO THEIR JOBS. They are big on employee referral but don't give you much consideration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why are you looking to leave where you are?
      Answer Question

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that our experience did not meet our high standards for our candidates. Please feel free to contact me directly at 212-345-9926 to discuss further.

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a bit slower than most companies from the initial application date to the 1st interview. Hirevue was use for the interviews which is like Skype. It's a one-way interview where are asked a series of questions. Your answers are recorded, saved and downloaded where the HR staff can review.

Interview Questions

• What are your main reason for wanting to leave a job you've been on for several years?   1 Answer
    • We will get back to you should when a decision has been made.   1 Answer

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that the process felt long, although 5 weeks is certainly within our normal range. We do appreciate your feedback and will continue to look for ways to accelerate and improve our ... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Urbandale, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

the process was very fun and the supervisors that i had were very nice and funny. they didnt really ask a lot of questions but they did want to get to know you as a person.

Interview Questions

• what do you think you would be doing in this role.   1 Answer

Jan 30, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer! I am happy to hear that you found the interview process to be fun. We look forward to having you on our team.

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunedin (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Dunedin (New Zealand)) in March 2016.

Interview

We had a really good chat before the other panel came in and the questions began seriously. Overall, the interview process was prosecuted like a chat. They also showed me the office and the work environment after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your current situation?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What do you know about the company?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Austin, TX).

Interview

There were 2 people interviewing me in person they were both very nice. The questions they asked me were about my past work experiences mostly, they asked how well do I do under pressure. Rest were just small conversations. It does take a while for them to process you to get started but they let you know whether you get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• How can your past work experiences help you transition into this job.   Answer Question

Jan 30, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. We do realize that the background check and other pre hire processes can take a while. It is something we are committed to improving. Congratulations on your offer!

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

They used an software app for interview, it was pretty awkward. you are basically just looking at the camera and talking to yourself. However, you can practice multiple times before you actually interview.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback. I am sorry that the video interview felt awkward for you. It certainly feels that way if you haven't done it before.