Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview less than 2 weeks after applying online. The interview was conducted via the companies video platform which was very easy to use. The hiring manager was very proactive and kept me informed every step of the way.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Jun 6, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Happy to hear that the process worked well for you. Enjoy your internship!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Note: I truly think Mercer is a great company that I would love to work for despite my experience. I can tell the people that work there are genuine and caring; which is rare. General Process: Submit online application and recruiters at corporate will sift through the applicants. If they like you then HR calls you and schedules a phone interview. They usually do a few phone interviews, aptitude test(s), then an in person interview or HiVue interview if you're remote. This was a 2 hour interview with 4 interviewers having a budgeted 30 mins with each applicant. I wonder the effectiveness of jaded interviews. Those who interview are not actually recruiters, so they have a bunch of other responsibilities they need to get to... I imagine they want to do things that help them keep their job moreso than focus on an applicant trying to answer a question correctly.
    My experience: The process lasted 3 months. I was a referral from a respected employee and enjoyed visiting with the employees I interviewed with. The high level of ambiguity during the interview process was difficult. Long story sort, I made it to 2 final round interviews (the latter interview suggested after the original final round interview). HR sent me emails to links with the wrong job description attached so I literally was not sure what job I was interviewing for since different emails were saying different things. Mercer was impressed enough for me to be a "runner-up" to a senior position that they would move me to an entry level position to gain a proper foundation. I loved this about them! However I found it odd that they would not seek clarification of my responses to their questions nor give me any feedback after denying me twice.

Interview Questions

• "Are you looking to re-locate?"   1 Answer
    • What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I got a call from a very friendly recruiter on a Thursday, a few days after I applied for the position at Monster.com. From there we set up a video interview with my prospective boss for the coming Monday. The interview was brief but to the point and a day later the recruiter called to set up a second video interview with the individual who oversees the department. That night the recruiter called to offer me the internship. Both interviews took around 25 minutes. The whole process was very smooth and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had an overwhelming amount of work thrown at you and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your past internships   Answer Question

Jun 6, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience. Congratulations on your offer!

Junior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Overland Park, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by three employees with a lot of experience in the industry. We went over my resume and experience and why I wanted to work for Marsh & McLennan. Open questions followed and completed the interview process before the extensive background check.

Data Governance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone screen with an HR recruiter. Then face to face interviews with the hiring manager, a member of the team and then some key stakeholders. Everyone was great. They provided their background, their expectations of the role and some insight into the culture at MMC.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my functional experience as it relates to the role.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

HR phone screen followed by in-person interviews with team.

The team was very nice and the conversations went well. Talked about background of group, goals and outlook of the position and team.

However, poor communication throughout process in terms of updates. After reaching out to HR for updates on the status of the position weeks after the interviews, was told they would be in touch during the week. A week later, had to reach out again to follow up and was told verbatim from previous response that they would be in touch. Meanwhile, according to the MMC website career section, the position is "inactive" and no longer taking submissions. So either HR is misleading to imply the process is still ongoing or the position has been filled already without any communication.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

This was all done through a recording. I didn't have a face to face interview. It was worse that getting a meeting with HR. There were essay questions and asked to record my answers to questions.

Interview Questions

• Salary expections in essay format.   1 Answer
    • What previous experience makes you good for this job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2017.

Interview

on skype interview with a variety of executives, they asked many questions then i answered. They seemed nice and they answered all my questions, just did not seem to want to ask me any outside of the box questions

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA).

Interview

We had a nice large room all to ourselves, like a big conference room. I waited in the lobby for about 1/2 hour before I got called. I had to get a security badge and go through a turnstyle. I sat with another applicant whose uncle was an employee, his uncle came over and encouraged his nephew. Seemed like friendly and cordial people. They said a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• he asked me "Walk me through your resume." She let me talk on and on.   1 Answer

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Happy to hear that our collegial atmosphere came through. Best of luck to you.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

A great company where all of the workers seemed very intelligent and eager for a new-hire. Location in Phoenix area is stunning, but unfortunately too far from family for me. Interview process was easy and overall a great experience.