Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.8

Certificate Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Austin, TX).

Interview

Online application, do all of your pre-employment testing. If you make the cut you get an interview. Standard questions were asked in a peaceful environment. Interview was done by two people. Do some research on the company and standard interview questions before you go in. Interview last about 20 - 30 minutes start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. What you did before this, why Marsh, times you have communicated issues. Detail oriented? Nothing too left field. Research standard interview questions before You go in.   Answer Question

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer. Welcome to MMC!

Private Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Erie, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone introduction from HR after my friend's internal referral, then I received 2 seperate emails. 1 of them is the direct link to the job posting. The other email gave me a link to an online interview website called Hirevue. There were 14 questions, 11 of them were short essay types, and 3 of them were video questions. A question is posted on your computer screen and your computer will record what you say. The preparation time is 30 seconds for each question and you have 3 minutes to finish your answer. Make sure your computer has speaker, microphone and webcam set up before starting the process.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Too long of a process do not interview here and bank the job, if you have other offers elsewhere take them. recruiters communications is not consistent. Rejection was sent via a generated email would have been better if it came directly from the recruiter you actually dealt with.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and after 2 days I received an email for video interview. In my opinion, it was quite awkward (answering questions to a computer screen). However, I answered all of the questions correctly. After the interview, it's been more than 2 months, I've not heard from them and I'm guessing I was rejected. It's really unprofessional of them, not to reply, even when it's a rejection.

Interview Questions

• There were only five questions, only one was related to my role. Rest of them was technical   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I first had a brief phone screening and then completed a video interview through an app called hirevue. To be honest the video interview was pretty awkward and I did not think I did well. I did receive a phone call about two weeks later to go to the office and interview one on one. The interviewer was extremely nice and personable and all we really did was go over my resume. The majority of the interview was conversational once we got past my resume and skills. It seems that they are really looking for strong interpersonal skills. Regardless of whether I am extended an offer I would definitely say that it was an extremely pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions on my resume and schooling and then past that just conversation.   Answer Question

May 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback. The video interview can be a little awkward at first but it sounds like you did better with it than you thought.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Hoboken, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Initially had to go through a screening process online known as "HireVue". It essentially replaces a phone screen and it is an application that asked various questions to which you are given 3 minutes maximum to answer. 10 total questions. Your answers are recorded and sent to MMC. Some of these questions were typical behavioral questions, while others asked about my experience using excel as well as financial modeling, budgeting, etc. If you pass this then they will invite you for an in person interview. I was only asked questions about my resume and past experiences.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

detailed, lengthy, detailed, thorough. Several steps were required and testing - drug and criminal background tests were required. You really needed to be prepared as they put you to the test. They created simulated situations and saw how you reacted.

Interview Questions

• past experience and role playing   1 Answer

Interview

Very lengthy interview and background check process. Takes weeks to receive an offer. Be prepared for that process. Be specific regarding dates of employment, time periods and income. Your offer will be based on the most current salary and it will be verified

Jan 25, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that the process was lengthy but it's fantastic that it resulted in your offer acceptance and joining the team. Thank you for the feedback!

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in February 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview with HR and was told I was a perfect candidate and my resume would be sent to the manager. I was told I would receive a call back the following week. I Did not receive any additional information even after following up. One month later I received an email I was no longer being considered for position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to conduct a video interview from a hiring manager. I used Hirevue to answer very elementary and basic pre-recorded questions. I waited a few weeks and followed up, but never received a response to my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to champion an unpopular idea.   Answer Question
    • You have two items that add up to $15. One is worth twice as much as the other. How much does each cost?   1 Answer

Jan 25, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback. I am happy to hear that the interview process was smooth and easy. However, the feedback that you never received a response concerns me. I will definitely ... More