Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.8

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to conduct a video interview from a hiring manager. I used Hirevue to answer very elementary and basic pre-recorded questions. I waited a few weeks and followed up, but never received a response to my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to champion an unpopular idea.   Answer Question
    • You have two items that add up to $15. One is worth twice as much as the other. How much does each cost?   1 Answer

Jan 25, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback. I am happy to hear that the interview process was smooth and easy. However, the feedback that you never received a response concerns me. I will definitely... More

Human Resources Interview

Application

Interview

The process went quickly. Applied October 1, got the call from the recruiter Oct 2, first round interview Oct 5, second round Oct 12, and final Oct 19. Then no communication at all after that, even after me repeatedly emailing asking for an update.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Dec 11, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that you didn't receive a response. I have followed up with our HR recruiter to ensure that all candidates have received an update. We strive to maintain a superior candidate... More

Broker Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Was referred by someone that works there.
    Got an email about a setting up a phone interview.
    After the phone interview a face to face interview was set up within a week.
    The day of the interview (meeting with two people from the team) unfortunately, I was late by 20 minutes due to heavy traffic. I called the person that set up the interview and explain to her the situation. She was very nice and let the team know about the situation.
    Finally I arrived, met with one of the interviewers- very nice person, she explain to me about the job, its responsibilities so on...then I met the the 2nd person- Also very nice- she asked me the normal questions.. why do I want to leave...she reviewed my resume and asked me questions on info i had noted on my resume..finally about salary expectation. She was very optimistic- she gave me great advice. I am still waiting for an email since I was told that they are looking to hire soon, but b/c of the holidays I think they are taking longer than usual? I know that their process takes long (based on the reviews here) I just hope I finally get a positive answer =)

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to leave?
      What are my job responsibilities?
      From my resume: Why do I say I work well under little supervision..   Answer Question

Jan 25, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience with everyone you met and that you experienced a true reflection of our great corporate culture. Best of luck!

Summer TRAC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I met with four different people for the final interview. They were all very nice and personable. For Marsh, they are not really into the whole "what is on your resume" thing. Marsh likes to see the person you are and if they can see themselves working with you. My best advice is to just be yourself in the interviews and you should be able to carry on conversations.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time went you had to persuade someone/group of people that your idea was the best?   Answer Question

Dec 4, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience.

Broker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Great, met with Manager of the Department and a job offer was presented about a week later. The questions were general in nature with the appropriate amount of explanation about the position being provided.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Nov 6, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer and welcome to MMC!

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in October 2015.

Interview

It was fast and simple. They were very friendly and open. They were laid back but still professional. They also asked a lot of different questions based on my answers. I thought that was pretty cool. They didn't just stick with the script.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why do you want to work for this company?
      Tell me about a time when you had conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Nov 20, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear you had good interview experience. We strive for that in all of our interviews. Congratulations on your offer and welcome to MMC!

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Interview was strange and a first for me. I used an App on my phone to record myself answering interview questions. I didn't care much for this. I love technology but this was very awkward. Later I received a phone call about the salary that I requested. She said that they couldn't give me what I was asking but that they thought their benefits would compensate. I agreed to meet with the management in Louisville who was on vacation. Next thing I know/ I received an email saying that they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Oct 2, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your MMC interview experience. We have received very positive feedback from candidates who appreciate the on demand format and flexibility it affords and understand that the... More

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Surprisingly, the interview was scheduled for 8 am. This worked for me, but it seemed unusually early.

I spoke with two women, both of whom were Senior Project Managers who had been with the company for 17 years. One took the lead and asked me a variety of textbook questions, mainly about my background. She seemed pleasant enough, if a little stale. The other was borderline abrasive, seeming uninterested in the call right from the start and asking/saying some pointed questions/observations, such as:

- "Why would you leave San Francisco, where you had a job, to move to Chicago, where you don't have a job?" Her intonation suggested that she either thought this was a stupid decision or didn't believe me when I said that I had left my former company voluntarily.
    (I had also addressed the move in my opening summary about myself, clearly explaining that I had left SF due to high cost of living and my fiancee wanting to be closer to her family in the Mdwest)

- "This position would deal with projects that are far more complex than those you managed in your last role." Her tone suggested that I somehow wasn't up to the challenge.
    (This was after I had explained that I was looking to get into a project management role with more complex projects, as I found my previous position unchallenging. Additionally, the job description only required one year of project management experience, so they clearly aren't looking for a senior candidate)

- I asked about the team structure, adding that I assumed that I would be reporting to a project manager. She replied that I was "incorrect", and then preceded to repeat the summary of the job's responsibilities. She never actually discussed the team structure.

The call lasted about 25 minutes and left me wishing I hadn't bothered with the interview. Based on the disdain I sensed from the second woman, I can't imagine I'll be invited to an in-person interview, but if by some chance I do, I'll probably turn it down; I wouldn't want to work at a company that saw leadership potential in this woman, let alone deal with her on a day-to-day basis. Neither woman seemed particularly passionate either (especially the second), which isn't a good sign for the company's culture.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging project you worked on.
      What;s the first thing you would do when starting a new project?
      What would you do when multiple project coordinators were vying for the same resource?   Answer Question

Oct 2, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing this feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience. It is our hope that all candidates are treated with respect throughout the interview process. We do take this... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a bit lengthy as the duration was 4 months. I experienced 5 interview over the 4 months. All interviews were prompt and a pleasant experience. I thought the interviews provided a great opportunity for both parties to learn about each other and I can appreciate that MMC takes the time to find the right person.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job listing?   1 Answer

May 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you were able to stick with us through a long interview process!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Extremely long process and seemed very disconnected. Interviews took over 2 months, final candidate, interviewed with 6 people. Changed their mind as to direction at last minute and hired someone from outside the industry.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Nov 20, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that it wasn't the candidate experience we strive to deliver. Thank you for the feedback.