Marshalls Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2016

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls in October 2016.

Interview

It was the briefest management interview I have ever experienced. It was 25 minutes long in total. The District Manager was the interviewer and took lots of notes. She said the process would take about two weeks minimum. This was my second interview which followed a phone interview with a recruiter.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Greenville, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I was advised to email my resume ahead of time, so my first contact had all my information beforehand. Very nice guy. The store was a new one opening. He described several positions and asked which I thought suited me best. Very informal. I liked the process, the informality made the one-on-one aspect more productive.

Interview Questions

• Would you travel for two weeks to train at another location?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Had a over the phone interview, interview with the store manager, final with the district manager. After the interview with district manager I thought I had the job. I had to email the HR office 16 days later just find out they moved on to other candidates. Very very unprofessional.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I applied through my school job website. I got a phone interview 1 week later. The interview would ask me about 5 to 8 question regarding the jobs and about me. She was very interest about me and wanted to schedule a face to face interview, but then she wanted someone that graduated from college. I didnt get another interview due to that, but then i got a thank you letter from the interviewer for being interested about the company

Interview Questions

• what do you know about Marshalls?
      How do you handle a difficult customer or person?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marshalls (South Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

Drop off in store application. Interview with a store manager and then a district manager. Then I had a background check, long orientation and 5 weeks manager training.

Very standard questions. Casual business attire required. Manager was super wonderful and so was the DM. The training was boring but you get to experiance all of the different positions in the store by time you are done. This added to my knowledge as I came in as an external hire.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Portland, OR) in December 2010.

Interview

Was Called for the interview by the store manager, met with him and the district manager. A couple days later I had a phone interview with a regional manager for P&L. I received an offer the following sunday. both managers seemed very friendly and genuinely interested in what i had to say. We spoke of my past experiences and how that would fit into the existing position. From what I was told in the interview the company seemed to be a great place to be, (this was expressed in both interviews). I was most nervous about my lack of management experience so I was very surprised and excited to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the most embarassing thing about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

For my level of experience I thought my offer was more than generous, I accepted and didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed twice before i got an offer. I had to interview with one district manager and then another. One manager was more about the workplace questions and how you would handle position. The second DM was to get to know you and see if you know your business.

Interview Questions

• Do you know your P&L statement from your previous employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonney Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Bonney Lake, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Just described about my achievments and what position I would best fit into, however hiring manager was on vacation and can't hear back from him till he gets back. Kind of bummed it didn't have a better outcome I'm ready to work now!!

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Mechanicsburg, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

very laid back, started with interview with a store manager then passed on to district manager. After the interview I did have to wait two weeks to hear back as the DM went on vacation. I did know a few other managers that worked for the company so I called them and had them follow up for me about the job.

Interview Questions

• basic stuff, what would you do in different situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

gave me what i wanted to start

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Miami, FL) in February 2008.

Interview

Typical retail interview by the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest mistake you have made at a prior job.   Answer Question