Marshalls Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marshalls in March 2017.

Interview

So I got word hey we're having a hiring event if you get refered so I called my old recruiter and he hooked me up with a interview. The lady I interview with was so so nice but stern at the same time she asked me a few questions and then I got some papers to sign and she thanked me for coming in ! That was a Thursday heard from them Tuesday asking me to come in for the second part which is paperwork

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

Turn in app. One week a call for interview. Called for orientation wich is one day. Returned for badge and company rules book and discuss 1st day and watch videos

Anonymous Employee in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

I walked in the front door and asked a woman at the register where to go for my interview. They said I had to fill out an in-store application since I applied through Snag-a-job. It took about 20-30 minutes before they actually took me back to the office for the interview. Interview took less than 15 minutes. I wasn't really sure if I had the job or not until they called me a few days later to set up a time for me to come in.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you teamed up with a coworker and had a successful outcome.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Rushed, but easy. Bother interviews were done on the same day. There seemed to have been a bit of confusion as to what position I was being hired for. One manager told me A, and the other told me B. They do not actually give you a rate of pay until you show up for orientation.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I applied on a Thursday and by Wednesday I got a call for an interview which I scheduled for that Friday. The interview by the manager was in the morning and it just so happened that they were having orientation that day (which lasted about 3 hours and got paid for) and I stayed for orientation after getting an offer which was 7.93, the minimum wage then. I wanted more since I had plenty of job experience, but because I didn't have retail experience they gave me the bare minimum. By that next Monday I was working for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was terrible, I wanted a little bit more money even with my previous job experience but because I didn't have retail experience I couldn't get anything higher than the minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Glendale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Mass hiring due to brand new store opening. Completed the application and met immediately with the store manager. I was offered the position on the spot. Everyone is temp-to-permanent at TJX, no matter the position. Orientation was a couple week later after references and background check was clear.

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Mesquite, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I went in-person to apply for the job. Gave my application to one of the managers and told him I was in need of a job and that it was nice meeting him. Got called in a couple days later for an interview. Met a different manager that was sweet and laid back. Interview was pretty basic and all in all easy.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Marshall's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just come in prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Patchogue, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Patchogue, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Walked in, grabbed an application. They were very busy, asked my availability and how long I was looking to work. I went back in two weeks later for another interview, the manager no show'd but I met with someone else. Shortly after, I heard back again and was asked if I was still interested, if so to wait because the manager was trying to hire a group as to do the orientation all at once.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Marshalls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Willow Grove, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was referred. I then gave them a call. They called back to schedule and interview. I went in for an interview. Didn't hear back from them in a week so I called and they told me to come in for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Brooklyn Park, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

i knew somebody and they juiced me in

Interview Questions

• Why would you work for such low pay   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation.. only advise. .dont work there unless you need to