Marshalls Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

1.9

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Interview

Fast and quick. I dont think you have to prepare much if you only apply for the retail stores. They dont care about experience, as long as you can understand instructions.

Interview Questions

• When can you start? Whats your availbility?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls in October 2017.

Interview

Was a short 10-15 minute interview. The manager was nice and made it a smooth process. She made me feel comfortable talking to her and they called me back in about 3 days for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

It is the same as always, very friendly and had a fun time talking about personal stuff. Very easy and relaxed atmosphere. Great people for entry level. You can't go wrong here, hpjust make sure you are professional.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

very easy going, more like a conversation. they will ask you simple questions, dont be nervous. generally they just want to get people hired as fast as possible. no experience required for a job there.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?
      what makes you want to work for the tjx company?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marshalls in March 2017.

Interview

So I got word hey we're having a hiring event if you get refered so I called my old recruiter and he hooked me up with a interview. The lady I interview with was so so nice but stern at the same time she asked me a few questions and then I got some papers to sign and she thanked me for coming in ! That was a Thursday heard from them Tuesday asking me to come in for the second part which is paperwork

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

Turn in app. One week a call for interview. Called for orientation wich is one day. Returned for badge and company rules book and discuss 1st day and watch videos

Anonymous Employee in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

I walked in the front door and asked a woman at the register where to go for my interview. They said I had to fill out an in-store application since I applied through Snag-a-job. It took about 20-30 minutes before they actually took me back to the office for the interview. Interview took less than 15 minutes. I wasn't really sure if I had the job or not until they called me a few days later to set up a time for me to come in.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you teamed up with a coworker and had a successful outcome.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Rushed, but easy. Bother interviews were done on the same day. There seemed to have been a bit of confusion as to what position I was being hired for. One manager told me A, and the other told me B. They do not actually give you a rate of pay until you show up for orientation.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I applied on a Thursday and by Wednesday I got a call for an interview which I scheduled for that Friday. The interview by the manager was in the morning and it just so happened that they were having orientation that day (which lasted about 3 hours and got paid for) and I stayed for orientation after getting an offer which was 7.93, the minimum wage then. I wanted more since I had plenty of job experience, but because I didn't have retail experience they gave me the bare minimum. By that next Monday I was working for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was terrible, I wanted a little bit more money even with my previous job experience but because I didn't have retail experience I couldn't get anything higher than the minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Glendale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Mass hiring due to brand new store opening. Completed the application and met immediately with the store manager. I was offered the position on the spot. Everyone is temp-to-permanent at TJX, no matter the position. Orientation was a couple week later after references and background check was clear.