Marshalls Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2016

1.9

Anonymous Employee in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

I walked in the front door and asked a woman at the register where to go for my interview. They said I had to fill out an in-store application since I applied through Snag-a-job. It took about 20-30 minutes before they actually took me back to the office for the interview. Interview took less than 15 minutes. I wasn't really sure if I had the job or not until they called me a few days later to set up a time for me to come in.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you teamed up with a coworker and had a successful outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia (South Africa)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Virginia (South Africa)) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked in & asked for an application, filled it out, & gave it back. I actually spoke to a manager but she wasn't the hiring manager & she asked me some details about my application & said the hiring manager would give me a call if she liked what she saw. I called about a week later & spoke to the hiring manager who said she wasn't reviewing applications yet & would call me at a future time if she did. She called me about 2 weeks later to set up an interview which went well. She called me to set up another interview with the store manager & the store manager offered me a position. I'm in college & she was really lenient as far as me coming back for breaks even though I wasn't sure if I'd be leaving at the time. I dressed professionally for both interviews (a dress, heels, etc.) The people working there were all really nice & helpful & welcoming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Marshalls' starting pay is $9 an hour so I didn't feel the need to negotiate being that I'm young with no prior experience in retail.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls in March 2012.

Interview

The manager that hired me at Marshalls called me back within two business days after I checked on my status of the application. I had previous retail experience before which helped the hiring process move quickly.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a qualifying candidate for this position that you're applying for>   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Willow Grove, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was referred. I then gave them a call. They called back to schedule and interview. I went in for an interview. Didn't hear back from them in a week so I called and they told me to come in for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Mesquite, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I went in-person to apply for the job. Gave my application to one of the managers and told him I was in need of a job and that it was nice meeting him. Got called in a couple days later for an interview. Met a different manager that was sweet and laid back. Interview was pretty basic and all in all easy.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Marshall's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just come in prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Patchogue, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Patchogue, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Walked in, grabbed an application. They were very busy, asked my availability and how long I was looking to work. I went back in two weeks later for another interview, the manager no show'd but I met with someone else. Shortly after, I heard back again and was asked if I was still interested, if so to wait because the manager was trying to hire a group as to do the orientation all at once.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Marshalls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Glendale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Mass hiring due to brand new store opening. Completed the application and met immediately with the store manager. I was offered the position on the spot. Everyone is temp-to-permanent at TJX, no matter the position. Orientation was a couple week later after references and background check was clear.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first was with an assistant manager, the second was with a store manager. The first interview was going over the resume and schedule. The second was basic interview questions. I got a call within a week and was notified of my work schedule.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied for a position at Marshalls, and on the application, I put "any". I was interviewed by the store manager. He asked questions like, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" "What can you bring to this company?" "Why are you interested in this company?" There was one interview and I got the job on the spot. I went into details mostly about school and I ended up keeping this job for a year.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls in September 2009.

Interview

After applying online and waiting a week, I called and checked on the status of the application. After doing so again every few days they finally called me in for a one to one interview. Not until I was hired did I realize why they took so long. The managers are either incompetent or hired incompetent employees so they had to pick up all their slack. This left little time to conduct human resources operations. The interview was pretty standard retail questions on problem solving and customer relations. I received a phone call a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to solve a problem?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer