Marshalls Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2017

1.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

Turn in app. One week a call for interview. Called for orientation wich is one day. Returned for badge and company rules book and discuss 1st day and watch videos

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshalls in September 2010.

Interview

Looking to re-enter the job market after raising my children, I applied to work at a favorite local retail store, Marshalls. I was quickly called in for an interview, and offered a minimum wage, part-time job. I was told there are never any full-time positions available, no benefits, and no opportunity for growth. I turned down the job. I'm very disappointed in my (former) favorite store's business strategy toward employees.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to accept a minimum-wage, part-time job?   1 Answer

Minimum wage with no opportunity or encouragement for growth? It's shameful that an American business would have this attitude toward employees.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Brooklyn Park, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

i knew somebody and they juiced me in

Interview Questions

• Why would you work for such low pay   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation.. only advise. .dont work there unless you need to

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I applied on a Thursday and by Wednesday I got a call for an interview which I scheduled for that Friday. The interview by the manager was in the morning and it just so happened that they were having orientation that day (which lasted about 3 hours and got paid for) and I stayed for orientation after getting an offer which was 7.93, the minimum wage then. I wanted more since I had plenty of job experience, but because I didn't have retail experience they gave me the bare minimum. By that next Monday I was working for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was terrible, I wanted a little bit more money even with my previous job experience but because I didn't have retail experience I couldn't get anything higher than the minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Rushed, but easy. Bother interviews were done on the same day. There seemed to have been a bit of confusion as to what position I was being hired for. One manager told me A, and the other told me B. They do not actually give you a rate of pay until you show up for orientation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

It was an easy and welcoming experience, and it was a pretty fast process from applying online to getting an instore video- around 3 days. Just have to hear back from references and I will start right away. The lady was very nice and comfortable, and explained questions further when I didn't answer them properly.

Interview Questions

• Difficult situation you needed to handle
      Time you did not agree with management   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

It is the same as always, very friendly and had a fun time talking about personal stuff. Very easy and relaxed atmosphere. Great people for entry level. You can't go wrong here, hpjust make sure you are professional.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls in September 2009.

Interview

After applying online and waiting a week, I called and checked on the status of the application. After doing so again every few days they finally called me in for a one to one interview. Not until I was hired did I realize why they took so long. The managers are either incompetent or hired incompetent employees so they had to pick up all their slack. This left little time to conduct human resources operations. The interview was pretty standard retail questions on problem solving and customer relations. I received a phone call a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to solve a problem?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied for a position at Marshalls, and on the application, I put "any". I was interviewed by the store manager. He asked questions like, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" "What can you bring to this company?" "Why are you interested in this company?" There was one interview and I got the job on the spot. I went into details mostly about school and I ended up keeping this job for a year.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first was with an assistant manager, the second was with a store manager. The first interview was going over the resume and schedule. The second was basic interview questions. I got a call within a week and was notified of my work schedule.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We didn't negotiate