Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.3

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Leader Interview

Interview

I had to answer questions about myself and discuss why I would be a good member of the team. I also had to describe and explain my aspirations and greatest accomplishments.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I submitted my application and was called for a phone interview with HR. The interview went well and the next day I was scheduled for an in person interview. The position I applied for was for a Store Manager. During my in person interview I was told that two new locations were opening and that's what the position was for - both new stores were an hour away from the location given on the job posting. At the end of my interview she informs me she's hiring for an Assistant Store Manager, not the Store Manager. I still expressed interest and she said they would be making a decision in a month. She asked to keep in contact because the interview went well. The next day I got a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you implemented a change and had hesitation from your staff.   Answer Question

Backroom Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Palm Springs, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied in person. I get a call for an interview. They did a group interview me and 7 others. Then they said they will call back those they select for another interview and then get orientation

Interview Questions

• what is customers service, your availability team player, how will deal with a problem, and why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Studio City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I walked in and filled a paper form. I gave to a manager there. she scheduled an appointment for two days later. I went there and she asked me some questions.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself?
      Tell about your past job experience?
      why do you want to work here?
      what is your availability?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Bloomfield, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

You had to apply in person. This part was fairly easy with simple questions. I never got a call back for an interview however. This was probably due to the fact that it would have been my first job even though I had over 5 leadership roles and an internship at a fashion company.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to open and close the store and work on weekends?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Egg Harbor City, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online then got a call the next day and I got an interview the next day. The interview was easy they told me that's it's required to learn how to do the cash register and they said how things run there. They did most of the talking. They said they'd call me back in a week

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I will never ever shop at Marshalls after being interrogated by two managers during an interview earlier this morning. Managers were disrespectful, condescending, and unpleasant during the entire interview. It absolutely was the worst interview I have ever experienced in my whole life. The minute I stated, "my reliable transportation to work is via foot" the interview took an unneeded turn. Next time, wrap the interview up instead of dragging it on. A simple, thanks for coming in and we shall be in touch shall suffice. I have contacted customer service in regards to my experience. I hope nobody goes through what I went through. Absolutely awful. What kind of employer uses a threat-like tone to ensure that my previous employers will be contacted? In addition to, "I'm going to ask them everything about you. Even if they don't ask or tell me, I'm going to ask." I sincerely hope you both are written up and lose your jobs. If you're willing to disrespect a potential applicant than your probably more cruel towards your own associates. Will definitely think twice when applying to any TJX companies or stores.

Interview Questions

• Transportation to work?
      Why I wrote 25 hours for part-time?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls in October 2016.

Interview

It was the briefest management interview I have ever experienced. It was 25 minutes long in total. The District Manager was the interviewer and took lots of notes. She said the process would take about two weeks minimum. This was my second interview which followed a phone interview with a recruiter.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked about myself. What kind of experience did I have. I received information about the company. I was told that they were looking for part time employees. I was told about the pay. I was told about what holidays they were closed and open. We talked about dress code.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

After completing the application, it took them approximately a month to call me for an interview. Got to the interview 10 minutes early and there were already 4 people in front of me still waiting for their interviews. A manager came out and said he "didn't know he had interviews that day" and tried to hurry to get them going. In the end I waited about an hour before they took me back. First interview was pretty standard. Said they'd get back to me within a week, after a week a called and they said they'd already made their callbacks, but then a week later I get another call for a second interview (confusing). Went for the second interview which was pretty informal and just to get to know me with a different manager. Said they'd get back to me "within the week" and still haven't heard back.