Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.0

369 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

It was quite short and to the point. They didn't ask too much but they definitely wanted to make sure they are hiring hard workers and people that know what they're doing if a problem occurs.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you were in a tough situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls in October 2017.

Interview

Dropped off my application and was interviewed by two separate people on the spot. They asked about how well I work on a team, how comfortable I am asking people to sign up for the credit card program, and my availability.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you to talk to customers about signing up for a credit card?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marshalls in October 2017.

Interview

what started off as a group interview turned into to a separate one on one interview with one of the managers. when the group split up for separate interview I was asked to speak more about why I would qualify for the job and more on my availability within 10 minutes I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Moreno Valley, CA).

Interview

I applied at a hiring event so I got an interview right there. The lady was really nice I got along with her really well and I thought the interview went great the hiring event was 3 days so after those days I got a call telling me if I was still interested and was given an orientation date and time mainly asked about my previous working experience

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

One on one conversation
    Wasn't really ready
    Had two interviews in the same day
    The people in the store look nice
    Not enough hours offered when they asked how your schedule would be

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What is customer service to you
      What does it mean to be a team player
      Describe a situation that you had a problem with a co worker
      3 words that describe yourself   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marshalls in September 2017.

Interview

i filled 4 page application, turned it in next day to HIRING MANAGER, then he told me to come in next day for interview at 10am, group interview very easy!

Interview Questions

• what is customer service?   1 Answer
    • why should we choose you?   1 Answer
    • if you were to be hired what department would be a good fit for the both of us?   1 Answer
    • what is your availability like?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

It is the same as always, very friendly and had a fun time talking about personal stuff. Very easy and relaxed atmosphere. Great people for entry level. You can't go wrong here, hpjust make sure you are professional.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (Totowa, NJ).

Interview

First, I had a phone interview, then was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The whole process was smooth. The hiring manager made himself available in the hours that were good for me. I have a very positive memory of the process.

Interview Questions

• What previous experinace did I have ?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Interview

I had to answer questions about myself and discuss why I would be a good member of the team. I also had to describe and explain my aspirations and greatest accomplishments.

Anonymous Employee in East Meadow, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (East Meadow, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

First you have to watch some training videos then you gotta fill some of the paper . Make sure I ring Green card , social security card . Dress nice and use perfume . Don't be nervous be cool .