Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Egg Harbor City, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online then got a call the next day and I got an interview the next day. The interview was easy they told me that's it's required to learn how to do the cash register and they said how things run there. They did most of the talking. They said they'd call me back in a week

Associate Interview

Interview

Series of question that is based mainly around team work, what you as a person can bring onto the team, and retail situations. But nothing too serious, it is pretty casual and just general interview questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Applied at store. Met with the store manager we talked for about 5 minutes.. Got a call back within a week because of my resume scheduled a interview and got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at an previous employer where you had to work under pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on indeed and then like a week or so later they called me to come in for an interview. The first interview was a group interview where they barely asked questions but the ones that were asked was about customer service and we had to do a role play, the manager definitely made the whole experience more comfortable. Then they call for a second interview where it's just you and the manager it was like I already had the job and the questions were just mandatory and after I had to fill out a paper application and she said she will let me know when orientation is after she calls my references. If there was a question I didn't know how to answer she took her time and actually explained it in detail for me which helped me out a lot !

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you ?   1 Answer
    • What does being on a team mean to you   1 Answer
    • Availability/ full time or part time/ position you want   Answer Question
    • Work experience   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for marshalls/ why marshalls/what do you like about them   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

Turn in app. One week a call for interview. Called for orientation wich is one day. Returned for badge and company rules book and discuss 1st day and watch videos

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in, to take part in a group interview. There were three others and the interview lasted roughly forty five minutes. The interviewer was friendly but seemed impatient.

Interview Questions

• When was a time someone gave you feedback, what was it for and how did you take it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I applied in person and received a call back a week later. An interview was scheduled and I interviewed with a manager. It was very easy and calm. Highly recommended for a high schooler just looking for a part time position.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Augusta, GA).

Interview

Well it was just basic questions about previous jobs and experience. They wanted to know what made me apply. Did I have any interest in fashion. They also asked if I followed fashion trends,how well would I say my customer service is when helping a customer. They also asked what does customer service means to me.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (McAllen, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two supervisors that interviewed me in the room. It took only 15 minutes and they discussed what they do everyday. They asked what I did from my volunteer service. They asked if I am attending college, and they also asked my availability. Then asked me questions regarding teamwork and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What is the meaning of customer service for you?   2 Answers

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (Gig Harbor, WA).

Interview

There was the initial phone call then scheduled an interview with one of the managers. Then, another interview was scheduled for another manager. They were both very friendly yet professional. The questions asked were mainly focused on customer service. I did not have any experience but was able to tie other experiences to answer the questions.