Marshalls Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 30, 2017

1.8

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

One on one conversation
Wasn't really ready
Had two interviews in the same day
The people in the store look nice
Not enough hours offered when they asked how your schedule would be

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
    What is customer service to you
    What does it mean to be a team player
    Describe a situation that you had a problem with a co worker
    3 words that describe yourself   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (Totowa, NJ).

Interview

First, I had a phone interview, then was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The whole process was smooth. The hiring manager made himself available in the hours that were good for me. I have a very positive memory of the process.

Interview Questions

• What previous experinace did I have ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Egg Harbor City, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online then got a call the next day and I got an interview the next day. The interview was easy they told me that's it's required to learn how to do the cash register and they said how things run there. They did most of the talking. They said they'd call me back in a week

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on indeed and then like a week or so later they called me to come in for an interview. The first interview was a group interview where they barely asked questions but the ones that were asked was about customer service and we had to do a role play, the manager definitely made the whole experience more comfortable. Then they call for a second interview where it's just you and the manager it was like I already had the job and the questions were just mandatory and after I had to fill out a paper application and she said she will let me know when orientation is after she calls my references. If there was a question I didn't know how to answer she took her time and actually explained it in detail for me which helped me out a lot !

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you ?   1 Answer
    • What does being on a team mean to you   1 Answer
    • Availability/ full time or part time/ position you want   Answer Question
    • Work experience   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for marshalls/ why marshalls/what do you like about them   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in, to take part in a group interview. There were three others and the interview lasted roughly forty five minutes. The interviewer was friendly but seemed impatient.

Interview Questions

• When was a time someone gave you feedback, what was it for and how did you take it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Redlands, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, called me about two weeks later. Interview was the same day they called me. Lasted about 15-20 minutes, called me two hours after the interview to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Athens, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward. Nothing complex. Only did one interview and was called a week later with an offer. As far as the process it wasn't necessarily based on experience so much as your people skills.

Anonymous Employee in Sturbridge, MA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Sturbridge, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was asked to come in after filling out an online application. She asked me about my experience, and when I was available to work . I was available to start as soon as I could, I was asked to come in and start on that following Monday. I have been there since. The interview was fast and easy. I got hired within 4 days of filling in my application.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience in customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

After completing the application, it took them approximately a month to call me for an interview. Got to the interview 10 minutes early and there were already 4 people in front of me still waiting for their interviews. A manager came out and said he "didn't know he had interviews that day" and tried to hurry to get them going. In the end I waited about an hour before they took me back. First interview was pretty standard. Said they'd get back to me within a week, after a week a called and they said they'd already made their callbacks, but then a week later I get another call for a second interview (confusing). Went for the second interview which was pretty informal and just to get to know me with a different manager. Said they'd get back to me "within the week" and still haven't heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Henrietta, NY).

Interview

I went in to hand in my application and they took me back for a interview on the spot. The interview was probably only 15 minutes. After she offered me the job, she gave me a quick tour of the store and explained my position. She then gave me the dates and times to start my training.

Interview Questions

• What customer service means to you?   Answer Question
    • Why is it important to always have all members of the team present? What happens when one person doesn't come?   1 Answer
    • What would you do to keep our customers happy?   Answer Question