Marshalls Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2016

1.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on indeed and then like a week or so later they called me to come in for an interview. The first interview was a group interview where they barely asked questions but the ones that were asked was about customer service and we had to do a role play, the manager definitely made the whole experience more comfortable. Then they call for a second interview where it's just you and the manager it was like I already had the job and the questions were just mandatory and after I had to fill out a paper application and she said she will let me know when orientation is after she calls my references. If there was a question I didn't know how to answer she took her time and actually explained it in detail for me which helped me out a lot !

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you ?   1 Answer
  • What does being on a team mean to you   1 Answer
  • Availability/ full time or part time/ position you want   Answer Question
  • Work experience   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for marshalls/ why marshalls/what do you like about them   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in, to take part in a group interview. There were three others and the interview lasted roughly forty five minutes. The interviewer was friendly but seemed impatient.

Interview Questions

• When was a time someone gave you feedback, what was it for and how did you take it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Redlands, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, called me about two weeks later. Interview was the same day they called me. Lasted about 15-20 minutes, called me two hours after the interview to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

After completing the application, it took them approximately a month to call me for an interview. Got to the interview 10 minutes early and there were already 4 people in front of me still waiting for their interviews. A manager came out and said he "didn't know he had interviews that day" and tried to hurry to get them going. In the end I waited about an hour before they took me back. First interview was pretty standard. Said they'd get back to me within a week, after a week a called and they said they'd already made their callbacks, but then a week later I get another call for a second interview (confusing). Went for the second interview which was pretty informal and just to get to know me with a different manager. Said they'd get back to me "within the week" and still haven't heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Henrietta, NY).

Interview

I went in to hand in my application and they took me back for a interview on the spot. The interview was probably only 15 minutes. After she offered me the job, she gave me a quick tour of the store and explained my position. She then gave me the dates and times to start my training.

Interview Questions

• What customer service means to you?   Answer Question
    • Why is it important to always have all members of the team present? What happens when one person doesn't come?   1 Answer
    • What would you do to keep our customers happy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

So I went to the store and they escorted me to the back in the break room. My interview was at 3:15, but they was doing other interviews so I didn't start until like 3:45 or 3:50. Interview lasted for like 10 min. In the end the hiring manager said he'll Definitely be calling me. It's been a week and a half no call. However, the store is still hiring so wish me luck!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Met with 2 assistant managers. Interviewed with one manager. Then, one other managers was invited into the office to speak to me. Asked me about myself. The interview went very fast and was very easy. They were already asking me what department I would prefer to be in, as if I was hired already. Longest part was waiting for a call for an interview, which took a month. Everything after that was fast.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

This was a two part interview and it was fairly laid back. I was interviewed by the store manager, and then by the hiring manager. I was kind of led to believe I had gotten the job though pending a reference check and they never got back to me afterwards which was frustrating even after I called to find out the status of my reference check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Marshalls? Describe a time where there was a conflict between you and a team member and how did you resolve it? What do you define as being good customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Moses Lake, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very simple basically asked me questions about what I do as a hobby etc. Most of the general questions are asked; they also ask you what you want to do in the company if you want to grow and what your plans are in the next 10 years. You should be fine if you just answer the questions; my advice would be to relax and just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Caldwell, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (West Caldwell, NJ).

Interview

I applied in the store they called me back about a week and a half later for an interview then a week later for a second interview three days after that I was asked if I wanted a position I was nervous because This was my first interview.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you   Answer Question
    • Tell me about time you received feedback from a teacher or coworker what did you with it and how did it make you feel   Answer Question