Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 5, 2017

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I participated in several phone interviews with varying levels of HR. Then I received a call from HR to make an appointment for a local face to face interview.

The questions were mostly behavioral type. All open ended.
    Interview lasted approximately 45 mins.
    Was given a written offer within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer;What steps did you take and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I will never ever shop at Marshalls after being interrogated by two managers during an interview earlier this morning. Managers were disrespectful, condescending, and unpleasant during the entire interview. It absolutely was the worst interview I have ever experienced in my whole life. The minute I stated, "my reliable transportation to work is via foot" the interview took an unneeded turn. Next time, wrap the interview up instead of dragging it on. A simple, thanks for coming in and we shall be in touch shall suffice. I have contacted customer service in regards to my experience. I hope nobody goes through what I went through. Absolutely awful. What kind of employer uses a threat-like tone to ensure that my previous employers will be contacted? In addition to, "I'm going to ask them everything about you. Even if they don't ask or tell me, I'm going to ask." I sincerely hope you both are written up and lose your jobs. If you're willing to disrespect a potential applicant than your probably more cruel towards your own associates. Will definitely think twice when applying to any TJX companies or stores.

Interview Questions

• Transportation to work?
      Why I wrote 25 hours for part-time?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls in January 2017.

Interview

- applied through Indeed, got a call a few days later and went to the interview the week after
    - interview was longer than expected
    - lots of questions I wasn't prepared for and had to answer on the spot
    - basically ended up having to BS my way through it
    - since it's a new location which hasn't opened yet

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a supervisor complemented you and how did you take it   Answer Question
    • How do you manage school, work, and personal life?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to train or explain something to a co-worker   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when more than one customer needed your help at the same time and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Poughkeepsie, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Spoke with a Loss prevention "trainer" employee via phone, probably for selection purposes. Then interview with DLPM. DLPM was very automated and impersonal, and used advanced interrogation techniques i.e. no desk in between, asked same question later on but reworded.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here as loss prevention?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Hard interview, interviewed with all three managers, asked many questions about personal life, and availability, and hours. Also, asked about previous working conditions and experience. Asked if you can work in a fast pace places, and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Study the company

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls in October 2015.

Interview

I filled out 3 applications. One online I was informed they never received it. I filled out a second one turned it in. Called 3 days later was informed again they didn't receive it. I filled out a third application and asked for the hiring manager and handed it to her. I inventively had an interview.
    The interview went well. Karen was Informative which I appreciated. She seemed to be concern with the pay they offer minimum wage. Which I explain twice I was fine with. I'm looking for supplementary income.
    My interview was two weeks ago. I called last week. Karen let me know she has more interviews to conduct.
    So I'm still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cashier experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The Marshalls I applied for was one of the largest locations in America. The manager interviewed applicants in groups. There were around ten of us. It was pretty difficult to stand out among the large crowd. They had first given us an application with interview questions and we were to answer them. After handing in the application, the manager called all of us into a room and she would ask questions and every applicant would get a turn to reply.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls in January 2015.

Interview

Three step process. Extremely people oriented interview. It was difficult but very open informed process. You know "where you stand" in the process. I would highly recommend

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you planned something that didnt succeed and how did you correct it.   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (Kent, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a interview with the manager and then they called for a second interview with the store manager. They made it seem like I had the job, too. So don't get fooled. They literally tell you like what you'd be doing and everything. It's BS. So i left the second interview thinking I had the job and then just never heard a single world from then since. I even called. It was crap. Don't apply for Marshalls or even waste your time.

Anonymous Employee in East Meadow, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (East Meadow, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

First you have to watch some training videos then you gotta fill some of the paper . Make sure I ring Green card , social security card . Dress nice and use perfume . Don't be nervous be cool .