Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.0

Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

They take a small interview through phone, then give you a face to face interview date and location. Once there, they ask the usual questions on your experiences and about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are better in sales than others?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Fast and quick. I dont think you have to prepare much if you only apply for the retail stores. They dont care about experience, as long as you can understand instructions.

Interview Questions

• When can you start? Whats your availbility?   1 Answer

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

I brought a completed application in with my resume and cover letter and was called about a week later for an interview. I met with one of the managers who was friendly and pretty easy to talk to. The questions were not difficult and were open-ended and dealt primarily with my customer service experience and how I would respond in certain situations. There was also a fair amount of conversation about the wide range of hours that they expect employees to work albeit on a part-time basis. At the end of the interview she stated that they would get back to me next week either for another interview or to come in for training. It's been two weeks and I have not heard from them.

Interview Questions

• What does team work mean to you?
      What hours was I available?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and casual. The manager who interviewed me was friendly, and there was another manager outside who had a casual conversation with me when I left the initial interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Group interview. Interview was conducted at the Chicago workforce center and I was referred to the job opportunity by an employment advertisement on Facebook. Met with the store manager and he liked my background experience and positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• How do you think that you could benefit this company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Applied in store and turned it into cashier. Called many times (at least 3 or 4) to follow up on my application and I thought they just didn't want me. They ended up calling me about a month after I turned in my application to set up an interview for the next day. The manager who interviewed me was very nice and it was a very relaxed interview. Easy questions and then afterwards filled out the background check papers. She said I would receive a call by the end of the day or by the following Wednesday. She called me that same night with a job offer! This store did call references.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Medford, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was mostly questions about how I would handle situations. What have I done in the past at other jobs. I was interviewed with two other people and at the end the interviewer said she probably would hire all three of us.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

laid back and easy, asked in person and they told me to apply on snag a job. Met with store manager who was great, asked me about background in retail, why I wanted the job and my availability.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

There are two interviews, one to see if you're a reasonable person and then the second to pry deeper into your employment history and problem solving skills. It helps to bring a resume, because it shows that you made an effort and are taking the job seriously.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls in October 2017.

Interview

Was a short 10-15 minute interview. The manager was nice and made it a smooth process. She made me feel comfortable talking to her and they called me back in about 3 days for orientation.