Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Spfld (Long), MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Spfld (Long), MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (McAllen, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Very easy process. Turned in my application and they called to set up an interview at the store with one of the managers. She was very easy-going and make it a positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (Evanston, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very simple hiring and interview process. They just ask about your previous experience and why you want to work here. If they hire you, you go through basic training and start soon after.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Fremont, CA).

Interview

It took about a month for the manager to call back after a walk in application. There are two managers present for the actual interview. The process in total was about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

This was for a new store opening, basic fill out application job fair situation at a hotel across from where the new store was to be. Spoke with only 1 person, who I later knew to be one of the assistant managers. Received a call a few days later and scheduled to participate in the store orientation which was filling out forms, watching videos about Marshalls and also about how they are not a store with a union.

Interview Questions

• Availability, meaning you are suppose to be available days, nights, weekends however this doesn't carry over to the actual work place as there are several associates who have limited availability   1 Answer

Womens Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayamon, PR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Bayamon, PR) in February 2015.

Interview

They call you in to see if you are interested in the position. The human resource first interviews you and then the head manager of the store does. After a few day of them evaluation your resume and interview they will call you to go through the contract.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a problem with a customer?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

You have an interview and if you pass that one you return for a second interview. Both times there are two mangers present. If you are hired you go through training.

Interview Questions

• How important is teamwork to you?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

very easy going, more like a conversation. they will ask you simple questions, dont be nervous. generally they just want to get people hired as fast as possible. no experience required for a job there.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?
      what makes you want to work for the tjx company?
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I participated in several phone interviews with varying levels of HR. Then I received a call from HR to make an appointment for a local face to face interview.

The questions were mostly behavioral type. All open ended.
    Interview lasted approximately 45 mins.
    Was given a written offer within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer;What steps did you take and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (Charleston, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief intro, normally two people, very behavior based. Formal dressed, was offered coffee and water, really great experience.

2nd interview was on the phone with a HR representative. Very behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go against company policy.   Answer Question