Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

very easy going, more like a conversation. they will ask you simple questions, dont be nervous. generally they just want to get people hired as fast as possible. no experience required for a job there.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?
      what makes you want to work for the tjx company?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

You have an interview and if you pass that one you return for a second interview. Both times there are two mangers present. If you are hired you go through training.

Interview Questions

• How important is teamwork to you?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Studio City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I walked in and filled a paper form. I gave to a manager there. she scheduled an appointment for two days later. I went there and she asked me some questions.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself?
      Tell about your past job experience?
      why do you want to work here?
      what is your availability?   2 Answers

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I participated in several phone interviews with varying levels of HR. Then I received a call from HR to make an appointment for a local face to face interview.

The questions were mostly behavioral type. All open ended.
    Interview lasted approximately 45 mins.
    Was given a written offer within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer;What steps did you take and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Bloomfield, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

You had to apply in person. This part was fairly easy with simple questions. I never got a call back for an interview however. This was probably due to the fact that it would have been my first job even though I had over 5 leadership roles and an internship at a fashion company.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to open and close the store and work on weekends?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Egg Harbor City, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online then got a call the next day and I got an interview the next day. The interview was easy they told me that's it's required to learn how to do the cash register and they said how things run there. They did most of the talking. They said they'd call me back in a week

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marshalls in March 2017.

Interview

So I got word hey we're having a hiring event if you get refered so I called my old recruiter and he hooked me up with a interview. The lady I interview with was so so nice but stern at the same time she asked me a few questions and then I got some papers to sign and she thanked me for coming in ! That was a Thursday heard from them Tuesday asking me to come in for the second part which is paperwork

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I will never ever shop at Marshalls after being interrogated by two managers during an interview earlier this morning. Managers were disrespectful, condescending, and unpleasant during the entire interview. It absolutely was the worst interview I have ever experienced in my whole life. The minute I stated, "my reliable transportation to work is via foot" the interview took an unneeded turn. Next time, wrap the interview up instead of dragging it on. A simple, thanks for coming in and we shall be in touch shall suffice. I have contacted customer service in regards to my experience. I hope nobody goes through what I went through. Absolutely awful. What kind of employer uses a threat-like tone to ensure that my previous employers will be contacted? In addition to, "I'm going to ask them everything about you. Even if they don't ask or tell me, I'm going to ask." I sincerely hope you both are written up and lose your jobs. If you're willing to disrespect a potential applicant than your probably more cruel towards your own associates. Will definitely think twice when applying to any TJX companies or stores.

Interview Questions

• Transportation to work?
      Why I wrote 25 hours for part-time?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Series of question that is based mainly around team work, what you as a person can bring onto the team, and retail situations. But nothing too serious, it is pretty casual and just general interview questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Applied at store. Met with the store manager we talked for about 5 minutes.. Got a call back within a week because of my resume scheduled a interview and got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at an previous employer where you had to work under pressure.   Answer Question