Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Augusta, GA).

Interview

Well it was just basic questions about previous jobs and experience. They wanted to know what made me apply. Did I have any interest in fashion. They also asked if I followed fashion trends,how well would I say my customer service is when helping a customer. They also asked what does customer service means to me.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (McAllen, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two supervisors that interviewed me in the room. It took only 15 minutes and they discussed what they do everyday. They asked what I did from my volunteer service. They asked if I am attending college, and they also asked my availability. Then asked me questions regarding teamwork and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What is the meaning of customer service for you?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spfld (Long), MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Spfld (Long), MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (Gig Harbor, WA).

Interview

There was the initial phone call then scheduled an interview with one of the managers. Then, another interview was scheduled for another manager. They were both very friendly yet professional. The questions asked were mainly focused on customer service. I did not have any experience but was able to tie other experiences to answer the questions.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Secaucus, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Basic and non-intimidating questions were asked. The person conducting the interview was very nice and talkative. Even funny. Marshall's is a big company so you won't have trouble finding a place to fit in. You're taught about everything and not just one thing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They actually told me I can make more than what I had indicated. ($9/hr)

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Redlands, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, called me about two weeks later. Interview was the same day they called me. Lasted about 15-20 minutes, called me two hours after the interview to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls in October 2016.

Interview

It was the briefest management interview I have ever experienced. It was 25 minutes long in total. The District Manager was the interviewer and took lots of notes. She said the process would take about two weeks minimum. This was my second interview which followed a phone interview with a recruiter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

The Interview went well. I had to fill out another application for them since it was sent to them through a 3rd party. The Manager was very nice she talked to me like she been knowing me.. she made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked how much does the job offer. No negotiation , I was told that's the starting rate for that postion in the area...If I were to interview at another location it would be the same.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

i printed out a job application took it personally, got interviewed right away, so you have to go looking presentable. First a guy came in and asked if i was over 18 , if i had experience then he took me to meet the manager .

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Fayetteville, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled out a paper application and brought it in the store @ 12:07pm on Monday . I was asked can I come back at 2:45 for a job interview. Did the interview and was told I was hired . They told be me to come back Wednesday for orientation

Interview Questions

• What would you past manager say about about ? What would you past manager say you could do better at ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay non negotiable