Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Hard interview, interviewed with all three managers, asked many questions about personal life, and availability, and hours. Also, asked about previous working conditions and experience. Asked if you can work in a fast pace places, and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Study the company

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I was asked to come in during the week. They took me to the back office and conducted at 30 min in person interview. They ask you different questions about how you will work at this job. They gave me a full tour of the store and explained the day to day operations of the store.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What makes you a good fit for our store? Are you responsible? Will you do your job well?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (Long Island City, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

it was group interview then store manager and it was quick and easy just dress up well and have a positive vibe and be friendly and ask questions. bring your resume and bring a pen, there will be some paperwork to fillout

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in " the customer is always correct"   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Knoxville, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly, and knowledgeable. The interview focused on abilities in certain situations. For example: explain a situation where you worked well with a team. Try to be detailed with your response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Fremont, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy, I was only asked one question. The rest was just a conversation about my future plans. She asked me when I would be going back to school and where I planned on working after I graduate. She also just looked through application I filled out. I suspect I didn't get the position because they wanted someone full time and I needed to leave after summer was over.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

asked the basic questions was very fast. I Had gotten hired on the spot. worked there for about 6 months pay rate was at 9.00 a hour. only willing to give you 20 hours only way you will have more is if someone has callen out. work you to death and your checks look like nothing. makes you wnat to not do retail ever again.

Interview Questions

• what would you bring to the company   1 Answer

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First Job interview (ever). So I get there early (first) and was told to fill out an application since I applied online. A bunch of people come in after me and do the same. Then we had a group interview with about 10 ppl. All for different jobs apparently(I was confused). Anyway he told us about the company,asked us three basic questions. Then asked if we had any for him. Hardest part...(for me) was the application. First job interview Which means;I didn't have any prior experience to write down (about to completely fill out the application). 😓
    Applied through Snagajob

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Hadley, MA).

Interview

She invited me into the back room and asked me basic questions.are you good with sales?(cause you have to push a credit card to every customer) and asked about my availability. than asked when i could start.next couple days later got a call offered the position and went in for orientation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

So I went to the store and they escorted me to the back in the break room. My interview was at 3:15, but they was doing other interviews so I didn't start until like 3:45 or 3:50. Interview lasted for like 10 min. In the end the hiring manager said he'll Definitely be calling me. It's been a week and a half no call. However, the store is still hiring so wish me luck!

Interview Questions

Interview

Met with 2 assistant managers. Interviewed with one manager. Then, one other managers was invited into the office to speak to me. Asked me about myself. The interview went very fast and was very easy. They were already asking me what department I would prefer to be in, as if I was hired already. Longest part was waiting for a call for an interview, which took a month. Everything after that was fast.