Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

asked the basic questions was very fast. I Had gotten hired on the spot. worked there for about 6 months pay rate was at 9.00 a hour. only willing to give you 20 hours only way you will have more is if someone has callen out. work you to death and your checks look like nothing. makes you wnat to not do retail ever again.

Interview Questions

• what would you bring to the company   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (Evanston, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very simple hiring and interview process. They just ask about your previous experience and why you want to work here. If they hire you, you go through basic training and start soon after.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Hadley, MA).

Interview

She invited me into the back room and asked me basic questions.are you good with sales?(cause you have to push a credit card to every customer) and asked about my availability. than asked when i could start.next couple days later got a call offered the position and went in for orientation.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First Job interview (ever). So I get there early (first) and was told to fill out an application since I applied online. A bunch of people come in after me and do the same. Then we had a group interview with about 10 ppl. All for different jobs apparently(I was confused). Anyway he told us about the company,asked us three basic questions. Then asked if we had any for him. Hardest part...(for me) was the application. First job interview Which means;I didn't have any prior experience to write down (about to completely fill out the application). 😓
    Applied through Snagajob

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

So I went to the store and they escorted me to the back in the break room. My interview was at 3:15, but they was doing other interviews so I didn't start until like 3:45 or 3:50. Interview lasted for like 10 min. In the end the hiring manager said he'll Definitely be calling me. It's been a week and a half no call. However, the store is still hiring so wish me luck!

Interview Questions

Interview

Met with 2 assistant managers. Interviewed with one manager. Then, one other managers was invited into the office to speak to me. Asked me about myself. The interview went very fast and was very easy. They were already asking me what department I would prefer to be in, as if I was hired already. Longest part was waiting for a call for an interview, which took a month. Everything after that was fast.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Arlington, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I desided to try Marshall's as part time job because location is very good for me. Saw "Hiring Now" sign inside, downloaded applcation from the site and brought to the store already filled in. I was invited to interview a couple days later. First interview was NOT individual, there was 6 or 7 applicants who were filling papers on the spot, then manager talked to us, asked some questions and said we'd get a call soon with invitation to 2nd interview. The whole process took over 2 hours!!! Be prepared!!! Questions are easy, mostly about customer service, just use your common sence and behave professionally. Next day they asked me to come see store manager, so I spoke with her for about 15-20 min. They did call my references so make sure you put working phone numbers and good people there). Then they called and invited for orientations with several other new hires, we filled papers and got training schedule and watched about 1,5 hours of videos about the company.
    Starting rate is 9,25/h, 10% discount.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Lubbock, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was great and the manager Roy and Jennet were nice. it was easy to talk to them though the interview. They said they like me and I HOPE so because I want the job.

Interview Questions

• What I did not like about my old job??   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islip, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Islip, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call back only 8 hours later. Durning the interview, which I scheduled the next day, they asked me about information on my resume, basically confirming everything I had written, then went straight to discussing my salary. I was never asked any interview questions. Then I filled out/signed papers, and left. The entire process took under 20 minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Woodbury, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

I turned in my application and luckily the manager who dealt with the interviews was right there. We scheduled and interview for the next day. The manager took me to the back and just asked about scheduling, my work experiences, and standard interview questions to get to know me.
    I would suggest to always prepare ahead of time and look around at sites like these for interview questions to get the feel of what type of questions the employers could ask you. I did just that and when I got there I felt more prepared and the questions weren't too difficult to answer, especially because most of the time I explained what I did for each work experience. Interview was fairly easy.