Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2018

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

Simply a one on one sit down with you and the hiring manager talking about scheduling and previous employment. It's a lot more relaxed than expected. Usually the managers don't even look you in the eye when asking questions. Just play safe and bring your A game regardless. Always ask at the end of the interview, "Based on my resume and in person sit down, is there any reason why I wouldn't receive this job?"

Interview Questions

• What did you like most about your last place of work?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on indeed and then like a week or so later they called me to come in for an interview. The first interview was a group interview where they barely asked questions but the ones that were asked was about customer service and we had to do a role play, the manager definitely made the whole experience more comfortable. Then they call for a second interview where it's just you and the manager it was like I already had the job and the questions were just mandatory and after I had to fill out a paper application and she said she will let me know when orientation is after she calls my references. If there was a question I didn't know how to answer she took her time and actually explained it in detail for me which helped me out a lot !

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you ?   1 Answer
    • What does being on a team mean to you   1 Answer
    • Availability/ full time or part time/ position you want   Answer Question
    • Work experience   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for marshalls/ why marshalls/what do you like about them   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

Turn in app. One week a call for interview. Called for orientation wich is one day. Returned for badge and company rules book and discuss 1st day and watch videos

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in, to take part in a group interview. There were three others and the interview lasted roughly forty five minutes. The interviewer was friendly but seemed impatient.

Interview Questions

• When was a time someone gave you feedback, what was it for and how did you take it?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marshalls (Bridgewater, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Round Robin style, interviewed with 7 individuals, took about an hour. First heard about them at career fair at my college, heard back 2 months later for interview. Hired 2 weeks later. After interview toured the DC.

Interview Questions

• What you do bring here that is lacking?   1 Answer

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (McAllen, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two supervisors that interviewed me in the room. It took only 15 minutes and they discussed what they do everyday. They asked what I did from my volunteer service. They asked if I am attending college, and they also asked my availability. Then asked me questions regarding teamwork and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What is the meaning of customer service for you?   2 Answers

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Augusta, GA).

Interview

Well it was just basic questions about previous jobs and experience. They wanted to know what made me apply. Did I have any interest in fashion. They also asked if I followed fashion trends,how well would I say my customer service is when helping a customer. They also asked what does customer service means to me.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spfld (Long), MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Spfld (Long), MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I applied in person and received a call back a week later. An interview was scheduled and I interviewed with a manager. It was very easy and calm. Highly recommended for a high schooler just looking for a part time position.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Secaucus, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Basic and non-intimidating questions were asked. The person conducting the interview was very nice and talkative. Even funny. Marshall's is a big company so you won't have trouble finding a place to fit in. You're taught about everything and not just one thing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They actually told me I can make more than what I had indicated. ($9/hr)