Marshalls Merchandise Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.1

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

laid back and easy, asked in person and they told me to apply on snag a job. Met with store manager who was great, asked me about background in retail, why I wanted the job and my availability.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls in October 2017.

Interview

Dropped off my application and was interviewed by two separate people on the spot. They asked about how well I work on a team, how comfortable I am asking people to sign up for the credit card program, and my availability.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you to talk to customers about signing up for a credit card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (Kent, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a interview with the manager and then they called for a second interview with the store manager. They made it seem like I had the job, too. So don't get fooled. They literally tell you like what you'd be doing and everything. It's BS. So i left the second interview thinking I had the job and then just never heard a single world from then since. I even called. It was crap. Don't apply for Marshalls or even waste your time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I will never ever shop at Marshalls after being interrogated by two managers during an interview earlier this morning. Managers were disrespectful, condescending, and unpleasant during the entire interview. It absolutely was the worst interview I have ever experienced in my whole life. The minute I stated, "my reliable transportation to work is via foot" the interview took an unneeded turn. Next time, wrap the interview up instead of dragging it on. A simple, thanks for coming in and we shall be in touch shall suffice. I have contacted customer service in regards to my experience. I hope nobody goes through what I went through. Absolutely awful. What kind of employer uses a threat-like tone to ensure that my previous employers will be contacted? In addition to, "I'm going to ask them everything about you. Even if they don't ask or tell me, I'm going to ask." I sincerely hope you both are written up and lose your jobs. If you're willing to disrespect a potential applicant than your probably more cruel towards your own associates. Will definitely think twice when applying to any TJX companies or stores.

Interview Questions

• Transportation to work?
      Why I wrote 25 hours for part-time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (McAllen, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two supervisors that interviewed me in the room. It took only 15 minutes and they discussed what they do everyday. They asked what I did from my volunteer service. They asked if I am attending college, and they also asked my availability. Then asked me questions regarding teamwork and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What is the meaning of customer service for you?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Secaucus, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Basic and non-intimidating questions were asked. The person conducting the interview was very nice and talkative. Even funny. Marshall's is a big company so you won't have trouble finding a place to fit in. You're taught about everything and not just one thing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They actually told me I can make more than what I had indicated. ($9/hr)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First Job interview (ever). So I get there early (first) and was told to fill out an application since I applied online. A bunch of people come in after me and do the same. Then we had a group interview with about 10 ppl. All for different jobs apparently(I was confused). Anyway he told us about the company,asked us three basic questions. Then asked if we had any for him. Hardest part...(for me) was the application. First job interview Which means;I didn't have any prior experience to write down (about to completely fill out the application). 😓
    Applied through Snagajob

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Tampa, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

My interview was pretty relaxed but my interviewer was frequently excusing herself to take care of business in the store. Questions are pretty simple: your personality, how you treat customers, what you would do in a bad situation, leadership/teamwork, why you chose Marshall's... the biggest part they concern about is whether or not you can persuade customers to open TJX Rewards Credit Cards.

There should be only one interview. Even though you've already applied online, your interviewer will ask you for 15 minutes afterwards to fill out another application, including the basic personal information, work requirements, skills and education, and contacts. I suggest bringing in a copy of your resume to speed things up and hand to them afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work as a team to accomplish a difficult task?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very good and the manager was very friendly. Was just one interview with two people and one of them was the manager. They were both very nice and told me that they want you to smile a lot and show that you want to work there. Another Good tip is to bring a resume because I came 10 min early and had to fill out an application by hand but they said it was okay because i brung my resume with me.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through Snagajob and got a call the following week. The waiting time took almost two hours and the interview process took an hour since you had to talk to the store supervisor then the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in the next 30 years?   1 Answer