Marshalls Merchandise Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Merchandise Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.0

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Applied at store. Met with the store manager we talked for about 5 minutes.. Got a call back within a week because of my resume scheduled a interview and got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at an previous employer where you had to work under pressure.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Norfolk, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

For an entry-level store job, an applicant usually goes through a single interview with a Marshalls hiring manager. Conveniently for the applicant, Marshalls keeps the process informal yet professional. At the onset of the interview, applicants need to answer basic questions, like: "Where do you see yourself in five years?", "What makes you qualified for this job?", and "Why Marshalls?" To understand how candidates will act on the job, Marshalls also asks a number of behavioral questions, such as: "What was a time you had to solve a challenging problem?", "What is your idea of working with a sense of urgency?", and "How would you handle an upset customer?"

Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

I went to interview for a location that has not yet finished being built so we interviewed in a building nearby. I originally interviewed for a Sales Associate position but upon interviewing with the Store Manager she offered me a Merchandise Coordinator position. I 1st interviewed with a manager from another Marshall's and it was very laid back. After I interviewed with her I waited for another guy and he brought me into his office, asked me 1 or 2 questions and sent me outside to wait for the Store manager. She was the last person I interviewed and she asked me why i wanted to work there, why did I leave my last job and what do I do now.

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate a price but I was able to chose which department I wanted to work in and what other Merchandise Coordinator I wanted to work with.