Marshalls Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2016

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Augusta, GA).

Interview

Well it was just basic questions about previous jobs and experience. They wanted to know what made me apply. Did I have any interest in fashion. They also asked if I followed fashion trends,how well would I say my customer service is when helping a customer. They also asked what does customer service means to me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Knoxville, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly, and knowledgeable. The interview focused on abilities in certain situations. For example: explain a situation where you worked well with a team. Try to be detailed with your response.

Anonymous Employee in Placentia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Placentia, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I remember having to wait awhile for the manager to be available for the interview, once he got done we went to the back office, he asked me about my previous experience.. I was hired on the spot, a few days later he called me for orientation, and a few days after that I started working

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Norfolk, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying I was given a call after a week and a half. Upon arriving early, I had to wait at least 10 minutes past the initial interview date for the manager to come out. The interview went swimmingly well, and I was led to believe that my manager was trust worthy. False.

Interview Questions

• Q: How much retail experience do you have?
      Q: How well do you work well with others as a team?
      Q: WHy do you want to work at Marshall's?
      Q: What made you move to this area/location?
      Q: HOw would you react to an irate customer?
      etc.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

As soon as I walked into this store, the management staff welcomed me with open arms. The district manager greeted me with the utmost positivism. Once the interview began, I felt very comfortable in the new environment that I was being placed. After the interview, I was confident about receiving a phone call.

Interview Questions

• What are you able to bring to our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

First I filled out the application. Then I got a call back after a few weeks. I had actually forgot I applied for the job by the time they called me back. I set up an interview which went perfectly. He asked me the usual questions. I was studying engineering at the time and he was concerned I was over qualified at the time and was confused as to why I wanted the job, but I was honest and told him I needed money to pay for books and he respected that. I was hired and then started training shortly after the interview. The work environment I actually did not like at all, because everyone was rude. I can understand rude customers, but the employees were rude as well. I'm not saying all Marshalls have rude employees though. It could have just been my location. The store was always a mess too no matter how much you put clothes back where they belong someone always takes it back down and the employees don't put clothes back correctly either. I also worked in the dressing room giving people numbers. I never worked on the register. I was either on the floor organizing or in the dressing room. I liked working in the dressing room because it was quiet and I had control to keep it organized. It was peaceful back there most of the time too.

Interview Questions

• My unexpected question was when he said "Well I see here your studying engineering? I'm confused as to why do you want to work here?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate he offered me a slightly higher hourly pay.

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Euless, TX).

Interview

Two interviews--one with the Store Manager and the second with the Assistant Manager. Both of them were very personable and planning both interviews went very smoothly. The overall perception I got of the office was not very special, just noted that the computers and software in the main office seemed old and outdated.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember very well as the interview was around two years ago--they were mostly behavioral questions e.g. A time you showed leadership experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much due to it being my first job starting at minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a manager whom I rarely had to deal with. The real party started two days after the interview when I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. That doesn't happen until you start working. Then the most difficult and unexpected occurs nearly daily.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation? HAHAHAHAHA! What negotiation? The manager I interviewed with was very firm on not negotiating anything. I shouldn't have taken the job, so that was my fault. I was only one month out of being unemployed and should've expanded my options more. Customers have more room to negotiate prices on items they damage on purpose with approval from management. Because the customer is ALWAYS right, folks!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

It was short and hired me on the spot. It was not very hard since it was only for a part time job. The hiring manager was very nice and could work around your schedule

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the Marshalls team   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Memphis, TN) in September 2010.

Interview

they just want to know what you see yourself doing in 5 years and give you a written psych test to see if you are crazy. i was a referral but that did not matter. i was put through the same interview as all others were.

Interview Questions

• as long as you pass the criminal backgropund test your good   1 Answer

Negotiation

they called