Marshalls Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.0

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in East Meadow, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (East Meadow, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

First you have to watch some training videos then you gotta fill some of the paper . Make sure I ring Green card , social security card . Dress nice and use perfume . Don't be nervous be cool .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (Pasadena, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Went in, they said they lost my application, so I had to fill out a new one. Other than that, the interview was great. Very easy questions, non-intimidating manager. I had my second interview on the same day. I met with the general manager and had a brief easy conversation, it didn't feel like an interview. They didn't get back to me when they said they would, I had to call and ask.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a coworker wasn't pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Fremont, CA).

Interview

It took about a month for the manager to call back after a walk in application. There are two managers present for the actual interview. The process in total was about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Bloomfield, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

You had to apply in person. This part was fairly easy with simple questions. I never got a call back for an interview however. This was probably due to the fact that it would have been my first job even though I had over 5 leadership roles and an internship at a fashion company.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to open and close the store and work on weekends?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I applied in person and received a call back a week later. An interview was scheduled and I interviewed with a manager. It was very easy and calm. Highly recommended for a high schooler just looking for a part time position.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Fayetteville, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled out a paper application and brought it in the store @ 12:07pm on Monday . I was asked can I come back at 2:45 for a job interview. Did the interview and was told I was hired . They told be me to come back Wednesday for orientation

Interview Questions

• What would you past manager say about about ? What would you past manager say you could do better at ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

i printed out a job application took it personally, got interviewed right away, so you have to go looking presentable. First a guy came in and asked if i was over 18 , if i had experience then he took me to meet the manager .

Anonymous Employee in California, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marshalls (California, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews on sales associate position.
    It was very easy. The manager asked me typical questions about my reactions on different situations and about my previous experience. I filled the application form and asked some questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marshall's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

It was pretty relaxed. There weren't a ton of tricky or detailed questions. Mainly, they just ask what would you do in a certain situation or ask about times where you have had to work in a team. They want to see if you are a problem solver and enjoy working with people.

Interview Questions

• If a customer has a question about a product or where merchandise is located or has a complaint and you do not know the answer, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked about myself. What kind of experience did I have. I received information about the company. I was told that they were looking for part time employees. I was told about the pay. I was told about what holidays they were closed and open. We talked about dress code.