Marshalls Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Fremont, CA).

Interview

It took about a month for the manager to call back after a walk in application. There are two managers present for the actual interview. The process in total was about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I applied in person and received a call back a week later. An interview was scheduled and I interviewed with a manager. It was very easy and calm. Highly recommended for a high schooler just looking for a part time position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

i printed out a job application took it personally, got interviewed right away, so you have to go looking presentable. First a guy came in and asked if i was over 18 , if i had experience then he took me to meet the manager .

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Fayetteville, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled out a paper application and brought it in the store @ 12:07pm on Monday . I was asked can I come back at 2:45 for a job interview. Did the interview and was told I was hired . They told be me to come back Wednesday for orientation

Interview Questions

• What would you past manager say about about ? What would you past manager say you could do better at ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in California, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marshalls (California, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews on sales associate position.
    It was very easy. The manager asked me typical questions about my reactions on different situations and about my previous experience. I filled the application form and asked some questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marshall's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

It was pretty relaxed. There weren't a ton of tricky or detailed questions. Mainly, they just ask what would you do in a certain situation or ask about times where you have had to work in a team. They want to see if you are a problem solver and enjoy working with people.

Interview Questions

• If a customer has a question about a product or where merchandise is located or has a complaint and you do not know the answer, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked about myself. What kind of experience did I have. I received information about the company. I was told that they were looking for part time employees. I was told about the pay. I was told about what holidays they were closed and open. We talked about dress code.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Buffalo, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was about 15 minutes. I came 15 minutes early. It was more of a conversation than an interview. She asked me one question. But it was very comfortable experience. Probably would have gotten the job if my availability checked out. Be flexible for weekends lol

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Hard interview, interviewed with all three managers, asked many questions about personal life, and availability, and hours. Also, asked about previous working conditions and experience. Asked if you can work in a fast pace places, and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Study the company

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (Long Island City, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

it was group interview then store manager and it was quick and easy just dress up well and have a positive vibe and be friendly and ask questions. bring your resume and bring a pen, there will be some paperwork to fillout

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in " the customer is always correct"   1 Answer