Marshalls Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.0

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

There are two interviews, one to see if you're a reasonable person and then the second to pry deeper into your employment history and problem solving skills. It helps to bring a resume, because it shows that you made an effort and are taking the job seriously.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

It was quite short and to the point. They didn't ask too much but they definitely wanted to make sure they are hiring hard workers and people that know what they're doing if a problem occurs.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you were in a tough situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marshalls in October 2017.

Interview

what started off as a group interview turned into to a separate one on one interview with one of the managers. when the group split up for separate interview I was asked to speak more about why I would qualify for the job and more on my availability within 10 minutes I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Meadow, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (East Meadow, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

First you have to watch some training videos then you gotta fill some of the paper . Make sure I ring Green card , social security card . Dress nice and use perfume . Don't be nervous be cool .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (New Rochelle, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

the interview went well and all i was supposed to go threw two interviews but the HR never got back to me i tried email calling and everything all i heard was excuses "oh um the HR is on vacation", "We are still reviewing applications", "We are still doing orientations so you will have to wait". after i was told by the woman in the first interview that she was very sure that i have the job. i rather just be told straight up that you do not want to hire me instead of waisting my time.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw someone roaming around in the wedding section   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (Pasadena, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Went in, they said they lost my application, so I had to fill out a new one. Other than that, the interview was great. Very easy questions, non-intimidating manager. I had my second interview on the same day. I met with the general manager and had a brief easy conversation, it didn't feel like an interview. They didn't get back to me when they said they would, I had to call and ask.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a coworker wasn't pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Medford, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was mostly questions about how I would handle situations. What have I done in the past at other jobs. I was interviewed with two other people and at the end the interviewer said she probably would hire all three of us.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Fremont, CA).

Interview

It took about a month for the manager to call back after a walk in application. There are two managers present for the actual interview. The process in total was about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

it was not too bad, very easy and quick as i mentioned that i have had an experience before they were interested in me, the interview was in person with a manager. and its better to talk right away if you decided to get a job at TJX companies cause im not sure if they look through their online applications

Interview Questions

• what is my experience, which areas of the store i worked before, how many tjx cards i got before per day   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Bloomfield, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

You had to apply in person. This part was fairly easy with simple questions. I never got a call back for an interview however. This was probably due to the fact that it would have been my first job even though I had over 5 leadership roles and an internship at a fashion company.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to open and close the store and work on weekends?   1 Answer