Marshalls Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

1.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Floor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was great, smooth. I was interviewed by the manager and the assistant manager of the store, feel comfort with both. They like my interview I was natural, I believe this was the point they hired me, being natural, be you ☺

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make you a last question like, what kind of training you give?" or When can I start if you hire me?

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Anonymous Employee in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Hadley, MA).

Interview

She invited me into the back room and asked me basic questions.are you good with sales?(cause you have to push a credit card to every customer) and asked about my availability. than asked when i could start.next couple days later got a call offered the position and went in for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Rochester, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It took about a month and a half for the manager to call me after I dropped off my application. I came in, was seated with other potential candidates near the entrance of a store, taken to an office and asked very generic interview questions. Overall a very simple interview process and I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Ontario, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was fast brief few questions of past jobs and how to handle an angry customer. I waited forever to have someone interview me. Rude waited for about over an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who is upset   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was inviting, easygoing, and really gave me a feel for the work environment. I dropped off my application and followed up five days later for an interview. The assistant manager interviewed me and she asked me mostly situational questions which were tricky, but she told me I did very well. Got a call back the next day and went in for my second interview with the manager. She didn't even ask me questions, just talked to me about my life and the Marshalls community. She told me about training and the wage increase and she was super nice. I'm going next week for my orientation.

Interview Questions

• 1) tell me a little bit about you.
      2) what was your favorite thing about your previous job?
      3) what is customer service to you?
      4) name a time you had to do several things at once.
      5) name a time you were faces with a difficult situation and how you solved it.
      7) why do you want to work at Marshalls?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a manager and coordinator, was invited back for a second interview the next day with a different manager. The second interview consisted of a few of the same questions from the first, but was mostly just a briefing on store policy and procedures. Wasn't too formal, basic interview questions, friendly employees.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls in April 2015.

Interview

I had a total of three interviews for a sales associate position. There are a total of 4 managers and I had to meet individually with three out of the four of them. The process lasted over three weeks because the managers would not get back to me about the timeline that they were deciding on the new employees that they would be hiring.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Interview

You submit application in person and wait for call. Interview was relatively short. They ask you basic questions like what do you do in your free time, any experience, and what your working schedule would be like.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Talk with manager find out about the job ask question step up next interview went in they asked me more questions set up a day and time for me to start working and trained in every department in the store then went to my department

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

The process happened almost immediately. I walked in and filled out an application and got an interview on the spot. within a day or two I was in orientation. They asked very standard questions with no difficulty and then informed me that they hire at a set rate depending on years of experience and there was no changing pay rate.

Interview Questions

• The questions where the standard "if there is an argument with another employee how would you handle it?" and "if a customer is unhappy how would you fix the situation?" there where no truly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have no negotiations they do not negotiate salaries they have a set pay for everything and they won't change this with negotiations.