Marshalls Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

3.2

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I submitted my application and was called for a phone interview with HR. The interview went well and the next day I was scheduled for an in person interview. The position I applied for was for a Store Manager. During my in person interview I was told that two new locations were opening and that's what the position was for - both new stores were an hour away from the location given on the job posting. At the end of my interview she informs me she's hiring for an Assistant Store Manager, not the Store Manager. I still expressed interest and she said they would be making a decision in a month. She asked to keep in contact because the interview went well. The next day I got a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you implemented a change and had hesitation from your staff.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (Charleston, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief intro, normally two people, very behavior based. Formal dressed, was offered coffee and water, really great experience.

2nd interview was on the phone with a HR representative. Very behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go against company policy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Burlington, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Several steps to the process. I had a few phone interviews with the D.M. I was then set up on an interview with a panel. I was asked many qualifying questions. The interview lasted over 2 hours. I had to wait a week or so before a final interview was scheduled in which an offer was made.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls in January 2015.

Interview

Three step process. Extremely people oriented interview. It was difficult but very open informed process. You know "where you stand" in the process. I would highly recommend

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you planned something that didnt succeed and how did you correct it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (Laurel, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

3 interviews
    1- store manager lasted about an hour mostly reviewed my work history
    2 district manager reviewed work history asked situational questions interview was 2 hours
    3 phone interview district manger brief about a half hour

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions
      Mostly situational questions
      Are you more of a merchant or operational manager
      Are you relocatable
      Would you consider starting as an assistant with store managers pay
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (San Antonio, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Referred by a member of management to call the store manager with the opening. We set up a time to meet on a one on one interview session lasting about 45 minutes. With my example the interview led to an immediate interview with the District manager on the same day and different location. I as given an offer by phone on the next day.

Interview Questions

• Question were base on experience and expectations. My previous experience match well with Marshalls.   Answer Question