Martha Stewart Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Martha Stewart Living Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Interview

Spoke to General manager then department manager. Had phone conversation with the department manager who was very kind. Gave me extra time to deliberate when I was unsure if I could take the job, which I ultimately did not.

Unpaid

CAD Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with HR first and then the design team directly after. Very easy, straight forward questions, most of which concerned my portfolio. I emailed one contact which I got through a professor at my school and heard back the next day. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Environment seemed friendly as well.

Retail Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Interview

I applied online and within a couple days I got an email back from a person in HR saying they wanted to schedule a phone screening interview. We got that scheduled and she said she would then pass my resume along the marketing director. I heard back from the lady I had a phone screen with who said that the marketing department would like to sent up an interview with me and that was quite the process a lot of loss of communication. I kept having to reach out to explain I was still interested. We finally got a Skype interview set up and I thought it went well I thought we really got along. I had this interview on a Thursday and she said I would hear back either way by Monday. I waited until Friday of the week I was told I would hear back and sent an email still expressing my interest. I have not heard anything since.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying online I heard back from HR within a few days. A week later I had an interview scheduled. The interviewer gave me a tour of the office and was very nice. Easy, typical questions. interviewer was very interested in technical skills and not easily impressed by prestige of my former employers. I was asked to bring in work samples as well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through the online portal. After about three weeks I received an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was 30-45 minutes. A few weeks after the phone interview I was asked to interview in person. The process was a bit long, but I ultimately got the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Interview

HR arranged a phone interview with the Editorial Director of the department I applied for. A phone interview was the next day and I was given the offer the day after that.

Senior Vice President Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with key decision makers beginning with hiring manager. I met with her twice before I met with others in the division. Process took 6 weeks which was appropriate for the role they were hiring for. The final meeting was with Martha.

Digital Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Met with the head designer, had a tour of the office. Sat down and reviewed the job description and qualifications necessary. I talked about my background, showed my portfolio, got the internship on site.

Interview Questions

• What's your major? Can you describe a situation where you were under a lot of stress, and how did you handle it? Can you take critique professionally?   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First met with HR. Very simple and short. Get to know you. Asked about previous work experience. It was a total of ten minutes.
    Second interview I met with few members of the design team and they asked me questions regarding my portfolio. Pretty straight forward. Very kind. No questions from left field. What you would expect from an intern interview

Interview Questions

• Q: Strengths and weaknesses
      Q: Why do you want to work for Martha
      Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process went very smoothly and took about 2-3 weeks. HR was very laid-back and welcoming and always kept me up to date during the whole process. They will ask for references if they are interested so be ready to provide them! Overall, positive experience and accepted the offer.