Martin's Super Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Martin's Super Markets Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granger, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets (Granger, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was 25 minutes late. otherwise very polite. She asked the basic questions. I took a short test(simple math and conversions). She let me know she would call me within a week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets (Plymouth, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for the Plymouth store. I met with the HR lady named Christy ( that is her name But she spells it different, but I can't remember how it is :D ) and met also the Deli manager Lori. They were both so nice and put me at ease at once. They did a wonderful job and the best one I have ever done. Thanks so much!!!

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide on Martin's ( or something to that effect )   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets (Niles, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and comfortable. The Hiring Representative was friendly and professional. Standard questions of education, availability and transportation were asked. After the interview I was told that the HR would be in contact soon. After that I went in for orientation to sign papers and watch the "training videos".

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets in October 2013.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview at Martins October 5th , 2013. The interview went great! I was asked basic questions such as "why would you like to work here" and "what skills can you bring to our company" I was called back about 4 days later saying that they had no openings in the store I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How would you define "customer service"?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets.

Interview

I put in an application in the store. The HR person called me in for a short interview with questions only about my availability. I was available, so they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Experience didn't seem to matter. No negotiations for me.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets in May 2012.

Interview

Typical Interview with typical questions. Sat down with front-end manager in their office, the length was approximately 20 minutes, one on one interview, not a very intimidating or hard interview at all

Anonymous Employee in Nappanee, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets (Nappanee, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

I was called for an interview by the store manager himself. We arranged an interview for a date a few days later. I arrived for my interview and the store manager took me up to a meeting room. I had short interview with him, lasting around 20-30 minutes. Once all the interview questions were completed, he left me alone to complete the cashier test that consisted of basic math questions and problem solving questions. Once I was completed with the test, I left the interview and was contacted a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you encountered a difficult situation and had to use problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Starbuck Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets (Niles, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

Was called and asked to come in for an interview the next day. Went in and was interviewed by Martin's Super Markets Human Resources Manager and the Manager of the Starbucks. The interview was really easy and they asked what was my worst trait. I said that I tend to pay to much attention to detail so I'm slower than other people at times. A few days later I received a call and she told me that they went with someone else for the Starbucks position but that she still wanted me for a Service Clerk position that she was just getting ready to hire for. I went in to take a simple math test the next day and then about a week later I got a call that told me I just had to wait for her to finish the hiring process for an orientation.

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets (South Bend, IN) in February 2011.

Interview

Was lengthy and awkward. Had two interviewers. Both interviewers seemed uninterested in their jobs from the get go and the assistant store manager was training a customer service manager at the same time so it was confusing at times as to who was being questioned.

Interview Questions

• What is a reason for employment?   1 Answer