Marvell Semiconductor ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marvell Semiconductor ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Marvell Semiconductor

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor.

Interview

First phone interview , then on-site

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the syn and asyn FIFO? Is there any way for cross domain signal transfer? Tell me related technique and writing verilog code to describe it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marvell Semiconductor

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor.

Interview

a phone interview followed by an onsite interveiw

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor.

Interview

First round telephone interview: A design manage of their Datacom group called me to schedule a telephone interview next week.

Asked questions based on my resume, projects, especially circuit logic design, STA, dynamic structure

He is very polite, nice people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Online applications and call within 2-4 weeks. Strange thing manager called directly without scheduling an interview and started asking all sorts of questions. He was so impressed that towards the end he said the next round might be bypassed and HR might send the on-site invitation. Till date, I haven't heard back from them neither the HR nor the manager who called.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I was called for a phone interview first, talk about my previous experience, mainly about my resume, and ask some simple digital circuit question. One week after, I was scheduled for a screen interview, with 5 interviewers, last more than 3 hours.
    They asked some small questions, one guy still focus on the resume, some others ask some verilog question, some design question, quite straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are clear and normal. eg. write FSM in verilog, some DFT related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview process was straightforward. Phone interview followed by onsite with 6 1:1: interviews.

All basic design question from VLSI, datapath design and bus architectures.

The interview went well, but they have a simple policy of not responding to any emails under any pretext. I am under the assumption that I was not selected due to their strong inkling to be completely ignorant to my emails.

At this point I have no regard for a company that treats candidates so poorly; it just shows the amount of respect (or lack of) that they have for people in general.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview will last for a full day by 6-7 engineers and managers.

Interview Questions

• Personality is the most important thing.   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

1 round phone interview and 1 round onsite

Interview Questions

• design sensor with minimal logic block   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

strong background knowledge required. staffs on the resume

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor.

Interview

I was offered 2 phone interview. And then have an onsite interview. They pay for the flight and hotel. Their interviews are quite difficult. In the 1st phone, they asked to describe MESI's all transition on phone. And most question is on CPU design. They asked a lot of implementation details.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot questions on pipeline design. Like how to optimize the overall ipc regarding branch? Is it possible to get branch resolved in decode stage?   Answer Question