Marvell Semiconductor ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marvell Semiconductor ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Marvell Semiconductor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview asking the following

1. Why you want to change your current job?
2. What responsibilities you had in your previous job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marvell Semiconductor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Had a phone call with manager and later interviewed for multiple positions....
    1:1 and group/panel interview was all about the resume and small design questions and comp arch questions.
    They were looking for answers but never looked at the approach.....that was really bad....and I was not comfortable with interviewers except for couple of people

Interview Questions

• frequency divide by 3 clk circuit   2 Answers

Had a better offer in hand

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

They have an urgent need for people, so the whole process went very fast. I was contacted by the HR, then a short phone chat with the team manager, followed by a full-day on-site interview the week after. During the on-site interview, I met 7 or 8 people throughout the day and had lunch with the manager in their canteen. All interviews included brief discussion of my qualification and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the 5 stages in MIPS pipeline structure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Aliso Viejo, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

all basic digital design questions

Interview Questions

• design state machine to test 10110101... how many FF will be used   3 Answers
    • design process of ASIC design   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor.

Interview

First a 45-min phone interview and then followed by a 3-hour Skype interview(which was an 'onsite' inverview, still feel not comfortable they were not willing to provide an actual onsite interview)

Interview Questions

• How does Cadence Encounter solve setup time violations before CTS   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

one phone interview, asked about projects on the resume. Then asked about MESI protocol. Then Onsite interview. There are 5 people. First one asked basic CPU questions, such as 5 stage pipelined CPU. Second one asked me about reorder buffer in the out of order processor and load store queue. Third one asked about waveform questions. The last two asked me about some verilog questions.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

4 rounds, one hr and three technical. Generally good. They asked questions about the resume, one interviewer asked a lot of basic circuit problem, like how to draw an inverter(transistor level), state machine, etc.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are just normal, like state machine, timing, clock gating.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor in April 2014.

Interview

I've applied online at Jan. and wait 2-3 months to get this phone interview. One guy from Marvell emailed me and set a time to call (so I choose the next day's afternoon). And that guy called on time. The whole time of this phone interview is about 50min, and he asked about 8 questions.

Interview Questions

• How to check if a fabricated chip has a hold time violation, and how to fix it.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Aliso Viejo, CA).

Interview

I submitted job application 8 months ago online. No HR contacted. Directly contacted by hiring manager and setup one phone call about 45 min, then onsite interview about 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• How many data bits needed to represent A*B+C, all are 8 bit unsigned   5 Answers

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor.

Interview

First phone interview , then on-site

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the syn and asyn FIFO? Is there any way for cross domain signal transfer? Tell me related technique and writing verilog code to describe it.   Answer Question